Archived How many Gsa's should we have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is fairly low volume, only with 16 lanes. We have 2 GSTLS, but 6 GSA's. Is this normal? I feel like constantly at my front lanes there is 2-3 GSTL's or GSA's just roaming around doing nothing. But yet they are calling for backups. Again we are very low volume, 2 Sales Floor TL's and 2 GSTLS. Our busiest forecast I've seen was $175,000 and that was the Saturday before Halloween. Are we overstaffed?

Seems a bit high. Before SCO we had 26 lanes, 3 gstl, 3 gsa

You have multiple GSTLs roaming around at once? Then yeah that's too many. And why don't they back up? Our GSTLs are always the first to jump on, and we only have 1 working at a time.

we have 13 lanes, sco, 3 GSA and 2 GSTL and are a pretty low volume store i cant imagine what having 6 gsa is like

ya guys pretty much everyday we have 1 gstl and 1-2 gsa's working. and yup they hardly back up. The GSTL is always running around doing some project and the gsa's are "too busy watching the lanes" to hop on.

ya guys pretty much everyday we have 1 gstl and 1-2 gsa's working. and yup they hardly back up. The GSTL is always running around doing some project and the gsa's are "too busy watching the lanes" to hop on.

I mean, the best practice is to have the GSA's supervise the lanes so they can assist cashiers who run into trouble, that saves the leadership team from having to disengage whatever they're doing and make a trek to the front lanes. GSTL's should be spending a bulk amount of their time at the checklanes, whether it's setting CL endcaps, addressing any brand issues at the front-end, and of course, pushing those red-cards. If you have multiple GSA's currently overlapping, there's no reason why another GSA can't hop on a register.

My store has 4 SCOs and 10 lanes we have 5 GSAs too however the GSAs often do service desk.

Our GSTLs never work at the same time. We will have a GSTL and two GSAs sometimes but one GSA will do service desk.

My store was A volume and only had 2 GSTLs and 2 GSAs. Actually we got up to 3 GSAs (that was considered "fully staffed") for exactly one week, before the 3rd GSA quit almost immediately lol. So hearing about all these stores with 5, 6, 7 GSAs is weird to me.

Sounds nice having that many, tbh. We are an A+/AA volume w/ 4 SCO and 20 lanes, and we currently have 1 GSTL, 2 GSAs, and a FATL who gets scheduled as a GSTL a couple times a week. Our Sr. GSTL recently transferred to another department, so I'm not sure what the plan is for his replacement.

Sounds high to me, my store is a B volume. We have 2 GSTL's and 3 GSA's. Per the Org Chart, B Volume Stores are only allotted 2 GSTL's and 2 GSA, but we were approved for a 3rd GSA since one of our GSTLs is a Sr TL and has to cover LOD shifts. We are rarely doubled up, and when we are its typically only an hour or two here and there to allow the GSTLs to do paperwork and for all of us to get our training done

Having that many total is a little much, but not too bad, and can help in a lot of ways. I think my store has that many right now, although that's because 2 are on LOA. It's great to have a GSA at the service desk or as a cashier because they don't need to call for help as often.

The weird thing is that you should only have 1 of them working as the actual GSTL/GSA at a time. The others should be cashiering, at the service desk, or in some other workcenter.

Having that many total is a little much, but not too bad, and can help in a lot of ways. I think my store has that many right now, although that's because 2 are on LOA. It's great to have a GSA at the service desk or as a cashier because they don't need to call for help as often.

The weird thing is that you should only have 1 of them working as the actual GSTL/GSA at a time. The others should be cashiering, at the service desk, or in some other workcenter.

This is exactly how it is at my store. We only have cashiers do breaks and call outs at service desk, otherwise its almost always a GSA.

I love having GSAs at service desk bc they have a better eye for scammers and are more likely to shut shady things down. We have one cashier who takes no s--- but the rest of them are too nice.

Edit: Plus since GSAs only make 50 cents more than cashiers. Does it hurt to have extra. Neglible effect on payroll.

At my store we have three GSTLs and one GSA (two recently put in their two weeks, other one became a TL in a different department). Apparently we're not hiring for anymore GSAs but are training a bunch of random cashiers. I was asked if I was interested by the Sr.GSTL and I said I was but I'm not getting trained but I guess that's more on the fact that my ETL and I don't get on. /rant.

We have 8 SCOs, and 27 lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back