Archived How many trucks and how big does your store average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentCrow

Store Director
Title says it all. Wondering what size and how many trucks your store averages.

For us it's usually two trucks a night. Each ranges from 1900 - 2400. We also take three trucks at times at our store. What about you?

Two trucks a night usually, with one truck on the weekends. Two trucks pretty much all week if there’s a holiday coming. C&S truck comes everyday.

Holidays for us turns into three trucks each night fml

2200 to 2700 5x a week. Up to 350 repack

1500-2200 3-4 times a week, but we are a ULV, 4th quarter goes up to 1500-2000 5 times a week

3 trucks. Average about 1900. Trying to imagine doing that in 1 night :eek:.

Title says it all. Wondering what size and how many trucks your store averages.

For us it's usually two trucks a night. Each ranges from 1900 - 2400. We also take three trucks at times at our store. What about you?
I'm wondering if you and I are currently in the same store?? Our store still has an O/N process, so we still "manage" but it takes partnership with the Dayside Team.

2200 to 2700 5x a week. Up to 350 repack
Yes nights like that are THee worst!! Hopefully you guys can assemble a nice "repack team" instead of an army of "one person" expecting to breakdown all Solo!!

7 trucks plus 7 food trucks
1800-2200 daily
Yes and having Consumable tm moved to the Dayside process to me doesn't really help matters, but I guess more time to "work" the freight does help somewhat.

I'm wondering if you and I are currently in the same store?? Our store still has an O/N process, so we still "manage" but it takes partnership with the Dayside Team.

We might be.

10-12 non-peak. 2400-2800 average (heavy grocery store). 9 FDC trailers (Sun-Thur 1, Fri & Sat 2).
14-17 peak, 2700-3300 average. FDC trailers remain the same.
Average repacks for 3 trailer nights are about 550-600, total Push hours: 310 - 350.
Week of Christmas last year: Sun 2 (Christmas Eve), Mon 2 (Christmas Day), Tues 3, Wednes 3, Thurs 3, Fri 2, Sat 2.

N9fSxhS.jpg

So... who wants to work out some H&B?!? :D

Last edited:
Yeah stores that make 65 million in sales or more still have an overnight process. Mine does but we also have a specialty Market team who comes in and pushes and backstocks Market. Market is #1 department so it gets a lot of priority.

Yeah stores that make 65 million in sales or more still have an overnight process. Mine does but we also have a specialty Market team who comes in and pushes and backstocks Market. Market is #1 department so it gets a lot of priority.
Wait until they restrategize and get rid of overnight. You must be end to end.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Change no matter what shape or form is inevitable. Hopefully I'll find employment elsewhere before such a change occurs

Stores over $65 million won't ever lose overnight because it is impossible for them to move that freight dayside. They know this and I have heard it specifically said that Come 2019-2020 those stores will be the ONLY ones with overnight. They will also be end to end for the areas that can bre when the eaches roll out. So whose us for all your trucks to be nothing but Repacks say 50,000 eaches in repacks that need to be sorted overnight?

Unfortunately, we still push Market. It's way too much but it won't change so no need to complain.

We get 5 trucks on average not sure how many food I believe we average 1500 but lately wr have been getting 2100 and we havent seen the stock room or line for months :/

Stores over $65 million won't ever lose overnight because it is impossible for them to move that freight dayside. They know this and I have heard it specifically said that Come 2019-2020 those stores will be the ONLY ones with overnight. They will also be end to end for the areas that can bre when the eaches roll out. So whose us for all your trucks to be nothing but Repacks say 50,000 eaches in repacks that need to be sorted overnight?

That's not quite true. I work at a Super Target and we were forced to go to 4am last month. Our annual sales for last year were $6 million grocery amd $65 million non-grocery. Our STL told us we needed to have $70 million non-grocery to keep being an overnight store and next year that number rises to $75 million.

That's not quite true. I work at a Super Target and we were forced to go to 4am last month. Our annual sales for last year were $6 million grocery amd $65 million non-grocery. Our STL told us we needed to have $70 million non-grocery to keep being an overnight store and next year that number rises to $75 million.
Whoa. I was not aware of that. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back