How much trouble would I be in for deliberately making noise on the walkie?

I don’t know about other stores, but our store more or less treats the VM as a TL.

That’s a TL dating a TM.
Too funny. Here is the other thread from the op.

I've reached my breaking point with this place. I've only been a TL for a couple of months, but I'm already dealing with TM's who talk shit about me behind my back, a backroom overflowing with freight, and ETL's who don't support any type of actual leadership decisions that I try to make. I've started looking for a new job and I've already decided that I'm not going to bother with two weeks notice. I've also decided to get my kicks in however possible.

I've spent the last week or so constantly holding down the walkie button and scratching my fingers against the speaker. It obviously creates this annoying static noise on the walkies and it's been driving everyone crazy at my store. It started with a whole bunch of people on the walkie saying "Team, there's someone leaning on their walkie!" but I would keep scratching and now everyone is pissed off. I'll especially revel in making the scratching noises when some of my least favorite TM's are talking so as to cut them off. It even reached a point where our SD went on the walkie and said that whoever was caught doing it was going to be in BIG trouble. I haven't been caught and I've kept doing it whenever possible, but the past couple of days have lead to some action taken by management.

The rumor going around now is that the SD has ordered one of our AP team members to surveil our cameras constantly and keep an eye on any TM's who look like they're messing with their walkie in anyway. But what's even worse is that the AP ETL pulled me into his office yesterday. He told me that he's been keeping tabs on the days that the scratching occurs and he's made a list of TM's whom have the day off whenever there's no scratching. He didn't officially accuse me of being the scratcher, but he just pointed out that I'm on his list.

So now they obviously suspect me and I took drastic actions today. Today is my day off and I knew that it would look bad for me if there was no scratching when I'm not there. I texted one of my friends on GM (we're close friends who party together and hang out outside of work) and told her to create some scratching noises on her walkie to throw AP off my trail. I shouldn't have done that because I ended up outing myself to this TM. I made her promise not to tell anyone and she seemed hesitant. I promised her that I would buy her a six pack from Crumbl Cookies if she helped me out here (she LOVES Crumbl Cookies) and she said "I'll think about it." So now I'm doing everything that I can to cover my tracks and I'm worried that management is on to me. Realistically, how much trouble can I get for making these noises on the walkie?
Blah blah blah

If even HALF of these stories are true I couldn’t stand working with this person !

Op is entertaining in theory but it is a scary thought IF any store would allow ANY of this craziness !

Noise on the walkie, “MY store/MY freight, asking a ‘friend‘ to do something they WOULD get in trouble for, caring who dating whom, crush on a tm, the donut thing…oh boy, you are CREATIVE !

Listen to Cap’n : put the mustard on the shelf and go home.

I've reached my breaking point with this place. I've only been a TL for a couple of months, but I'm already dealing with TM's who talk shit about me behind my back, a backroom overflowing with freight, and ETL's who don't support any type of actual leadership decisions that I try to make. I've started looking for a new job and I've already decided that I'm not going to bother with two weeks notice. I've also decided to get my kicks in however possible.

I've spent the last week or so constantly holding down the walkie button and scratching my fingers against the speaker. It obviously creates this annoying static noise on the walkies and it's been driving everyone crazy at my store. It started with a whole bunch of people on the walkie saying "Team, there's someone leaning on their walkie!" but I would keep scratching and now everyone is pissed off. I'll especially revel in making the scratching noises when some of my least favorite TM's are talking so as to cut them off. It even reached a point where our SD went on the walkie and said that whoever was caught doing it was going to be in BIG trouble. I haven't been caught and I've kept doing it whenever possible, but the past couple of days have lead to some action taken by management.

The rumor going around now is that the SD has ordered one of our AP team members to surveil our cameras constantly and keep an eye on any TM's who look like they're messing with their walkie in anyway. But what's even worse is that the AP ETL pulled me into his office yesterday. He told me that he's been keeping tabs on the days that the scratching occurs and he's made a list of TM's whom have the day off whenever there's no scratching. He didn't officially accuse me of being the scratcher, but he just pointed out that I'm on his list.

So now they obviously suspect me and I took drastic actions today. Today is my day off and I knew that it would look bad for me if there was no scratching when I'm not there. I texted one of my friends on GM (we're close friends who party together and hang out outside of work) and told her to create some scratching noises on her walkie to throw AP off my trail. I shouldn't have done that because I ended up outing myself to this TM. I made her promise not to tell anyone and she seemed hesitant. I promised her that I would buy her a six pack from Crumbl Cookies if she helped me out here (she LOVES Crumbl Cookies) and she said "I'll think about it." So now I'm doing everything that I can to cover my tracks and I'm worried that management is on to me. Realistically, how much trouble can I get for making these noises on the walkie?
My dearest Penguin, the answer is simple. Take a walkie , do the noises when your on your day off. Morning and night but do it discretely.. problem solved.

I'm thinking you need to get yourself a similar walkie on the same frequency and drive out front of store and scratch... there you go and you're welcome..!! LOL!
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

You try dealing with some of my daily frustrations. One of my GM team members is dating our Visual Merchandiser and the SD refuses to do anything about it.
Why would that matter at all unless their interactions are taking place while they are on the clock? If it's something in their private lives, even if it's breaking the rules, why should you be concerned about it if it isn't affecting their performance and they aren't making it obvious to everyone else?

My dearest Penguin, the answer is simple. Take a walkie , do the noises when your on your day off. Morning and night but do it discretely.. problem solved.
Was wondering why they didn’t just take a walkie home and drive by to be annoying. They don’t seem to really have much else going on in their lives.

This clown sounds like he needs to find something to do, a distraction and focus on the future. The fascination with the walkie and the noise nonsense ain't normal.

You try dealing with some of my daily frustrations. One of my GM team members is dating our Visual Merchandiser and the SD refuses to do anything about it.
There’s nothing wrong with them dating. Neither one of them is a leader and neither one has any authority over the other. What’s the problem?

I don’t know about other stores, but our store more or less treats the VM as a TL.

That’s a TL dating a TM.
Being treated like one and actually being one are 2 different thins. Can the visual merchandiser coach the team member? Can the visual merchandiser have a say in that team members review affecting their raise? If the answers is no then there is no problem. Are you jealous?

Back