Archived How to close guest service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't work night shifts but I am scheduled to close guest service. I remember how to do crc and salvage but I forgot what to do with the donation, toss, and vendor pickup stuff. I remember that I am suppose to put some of it on a 3 tier but I don't know which ones.

Thanks for the help.

- Close out and Box up Salvage and CRC and bring it to the back (if you want to be nice to the receiver have the cart attendant toss it on the pallet - not required, though, might depend on your receiver... mine likes it when we do nice things for her).

- Close out and send back Box B (ESIM - bagged defective chemicals). Make sure they are correctly bagged and zip tied, though. And if there is leaky product make sure to double bag.

- If the TL and LOD are okay with it try to take whatever reshop you have out from behind and stage it... not always the case but stores differ there depending on your reshop volume.

- Flexible Fulfillment -
make sure all of your orders are completed correctly. There is a crazy process that I am not sure how many stores use but if you are anything like mine we log every order with the guest name and order number. If you go on the myGo app there is tab in the main menu (accessible by tapping the icon in the upper left corner) called "unprocessed orders" - this is generated when an order is opened, but not processed. Check to be sure the orders are in the location. If they are not verify if they have been released and if they have process them (check with the GSTL/GSA first, however). If orders sit too long unprocessed they get cancelled and if there is an error that has been made you have a potential walked order.

Donation, Vendor Pickup, and toss all go back to receiving to be sorted there by the receiver. One thing about donations: most food items (with the exception of a few) get a donation disposition. You cannot donate food that has gone bad, so produce, frozen items, and other perishables should be overrode to destroy. You also cannot donate anything that has been opened (with the exception of items that are individually wrapped (i.e. an open box of cereal can be donated as long as the inner bag isn't also opened). Vendor pickup should only be items that are defective (any vendor reshop that doesn't have a sales floor location gets sorted into Box E. I know our receiver doesn't like when we send back reshop, your store may be different so it's best to consult the GSTL/GSA).

Keep in mind all stores are not the same and they have their individual ways and processes of doing things so I would ask the GSTL/GSA what their process is to be sure you are doing things correctly. These steps are not everything that has to be done but definitely priorities that most stores have.

Have fun!!

Is there a bar-code to scan for the ESIM to close it out? I don't remember there being one.

No there is no bar-code for ESIM. However, keep a lid on the ESIM tub because Steritech (cleaning inspectors) look for it to be there.

Also keep pet food donations separate from human food donations.

When/if the cart attendant takes everything back, I like to give them a quick run-thru of everything, just to make sure there is no confusion.

Also keep pet food donations separate from human food donations.

I’ve been confused about the donation bins:
When you sort stuff, does it tell you to put things in the donation bins?
Or do you just know that returned pet food goes in the non-food donation bin?
What else goes in the non-food donation bin? (Have only seen cat food there usually).
What food products go in the food donation bin? Would that just be like target brand dry food stuff?

(Sorry probably should’ve found a separate thread for this after all the questions added up..)

I’ve been confused about the donation bins:
When you sort stuff, does it tell you to put things in the donation bins?
Or do you just know that returned pet food goes in the non-food donation bin?
What else goes in the non-food donation bin? (Have only seen cat food there usually).
What food products go in the food donation bin? Would that just be like target brand dry food stuff?

(Sorry probably should’ve found a separate thread for this after all the questions added up..)
A specific donate sticker will print out

Lol well that answers all my questions. Thanks @Leo47 !!

That makes sense, but I wasn’t sure since I have yet to see a donate sticker. Now I’m excited to find one!!

Usually happens on any food that is defected out :) (smashed boxes or cans, etc) any food that is returned is immediately marked toss but if it’s unopened I will put it in the donate bin

Hmm maybe we have different parameters at our store then. I’m determined to find food to go in that donate bin now lol.
We are p-fresh if that matters. So we don’t have a ton of food and most of it is sent back to vendors or qmos.

Hmm maybe we have different parameters at our store then. I’m determined to find food to go in that donate bin now lol.
We are p-fresh if that matters. So we don’t have a ton of food and most of it is sent back to vendors or qmos.
any milk/eggs/yogurt will usually pop up as donate. like the exact kind of food you CAN'T donate.
boxed goods etc will let you put back on the floor, but if damaged will usually let you just salvage (goodwill). some food is required to toss.

because that's usually all that comes up, at my store we don't even have a donation bin at GS. we override to toss.

Okay, damaged boxed goods I can get on board with. Just sucks we can’t donate much else.

Okay, damaged boxed goods I can get on board with. Just sucks we can’t donate much else.
Make sure to check the expiration dates. Market TMs at my store like to dump a bunch of expired food that they find on the floor at GS and not say anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back