Answered How to contact corporate about my very poor work experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to be very brief. Worked at my local store for about 7 months as a guest advocate. Have 6+ years of sales experience, 7+ cashiering, I picked up very quickly every thing they taught me (guest services, opu, cashiering). Started to get very bored getting stuck on a lane every day.

I let HR know that I was unhappy, it turns out my diagnosed ADHD is worse than I thought as getting stuck doing checklanes doesn't keep me focused and engaged. Asked how to go about trying to get more time at guest services, or even transferring to any other department possible. Told to speak to ETL.

ETL doesn't like me, asked several times about trying to change departments or do guest service, given the run around and told to improve a variety of very small problems. (be more engaging with guests for example). Improved on all the issues, try asking again. More new issues.

My attendance starts to decline as I am very unhappy going to work, start to call out because of anxiety. Not trying to justify this behavior but so much as explain why I started. Eventually manager talks to me about the issue, acknowledge it and 3 months later and going never called out again.

old ETL changes positions, a new ETL gets hired, with no prior work experience besides an internship and a degree. I tell new ETL I want more chances at doing active roles as guest advocate, or change departments. Tell her I had an attendance issue but that I have since fixed it. From that point on I am designated problem child to her, and she decides to give me as much reprimanding as possible for every little thing.

tell her I want to change positions, get told attendence prevents me.

now cut to present day, I'm starting a new job at a different company next Monday. I'm extremely fed up with just how much I reached out for help and how every time from the beginning I was never given a clear way to get where I want to be and how both times the ETL of my department was the biggest obstacle to anything to me, and was never willing to really help me improve and try new things out for me.

how do I contact corporate about my experiences?

Why call corporate? I don’t see how you were mistreated.
This is something that drives me crazy! You are getting coached to help you Improve at your work.It’s the ETL’s job to call you out on what you do wrong so you can work on it. Learn. I have a person on my team who has always corrected everyone. It used to piss me off ( still does sometimes) because who is he to correct me. Well those little correction and tid bits of information sank in and when I realized how useful it was I started paying more attention. Them reprimanding you was the help you were asking for and all you had to do was listen and improve. If they didn’t like you then you would have no hours.

Your first mistake was to keep going back to your your ETL. You should have gone to your store's ETL-HR with documentation of your diagnosis and asked for accommodation to see how that played out.

Second, the above suggestion may not have helped anyway. While you see yourself as, at least, a good employee, you may have actually sucked at the job. We here on TBR don't know you and haven't seen your performance so we only have your word on it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is the quality of job performance. Sorry to be harsh but that's the way it is.

In any event, you and Spot have parted ways, let go of your feelings of resentment, move on, and (as Boston sang) Don't Look Back.

Best of luck in your new job.

A call to corp will simply be written off as the rant of a disgruntled employee.
As others have said, your performance is being presented from your worldview & not that of others.
When you put in your two weeks or announce your departure, fill out the exit review.
That's where this needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back