Archived How to process RedCards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a hardlines TM who actually was scheduled for a cashier shift tomorrow. I don't normally push too hard for redcards when going for backup, but I want to try harder tomorrow for an oddly scheduled cashier shift. How do I proceed when I get somebody who wants one? I have no idea how to actually sign them up. I've only got one sign up since being hired last Oct., and had a vet cashier next to me actually do most of the work. Is there a step by step somebody can walk me through? Thanks! I know the steps might be somewhat different for the credit vs. the debit version.

There's a little booklet by the registers, scan it and it the guest basically does all the work on the card reader. All you really need to do is scan their ID when it prompts

Ok, so when do you scan the booklet barcode? After hitting total?

Scan the barcode once they say they want one, if its a large transaction you can keep ringing up while they enter their info. Once you hit total, it will ask for the ID scan.

Or you can wait until the very end, scan the booklet and wait on them to enter their info (this is what usually can lead to back-up being caused).

At my store they usually have us turn the lane light off and the GSA/TL will move the line to another register so the guest signing up doesn't feel rushed when doing the app

I always wait for the end but turn off my light if I'm on a lane and inform the guests behind that it might be an additional 3-4 minute wait and they are more than welcome to go to a different lane. Most times, people don't mind waiting.

I ask for red cards at the beginning of a transaction. I do that because it saves time because they can do their application while they're being rung up. I tell that to the guests too. They seem to feel less pressured when I tell them it's pretty fast, and that they'll probably be done before I've even finished ringing the up.

Well, I got one. It came back with "application needs further processing/review" or whatever it says tho. But that still counts tho right?

Important to ask EVERY GUEST. Beginning ask guest if they will be using their Target Card or would like to save on their purchase by using a Target Card. And if it is a BIG purchase ask them again..."The Target Card will save so much on the purchase."

-Know the benefits. 5% off purchases

The POS will guide you through it. But ask the GSA/GSTL for refresher.

If the Guest wants the Debit card, they will need a blank check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back