Archived HOW to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, it's been 9 months since I quit and I still fold towels when I go in to shop. I caught myself going to a cashier with a flashing light one day. I try to turn up the non-existent walkie while I'm shopping because I can't hear well enough. I straighten the carts when I leave. Should I mention that I help guests while I'm in the store?

This is why I am glad the nearest Target to me is now 50 miles away.

OMG, it's been 9 months since I quit and I still fold towels when I go in to shop. I caught myself going to a cashier with a flashing light one day. I try to turn up the non-existent walkie while I'm shopping because I can't hear well enough. I straighten the carts when I leave. Should I mention that I help guests while I'm in the store?
I was fronting shelves in deli the other day......:oops:

g9S5F04.gif

And, I'm out.

They turned you into a Target Zombie!!!:eek:

what happens if i NCNS 3 times? will i have a hard time getting a new job?

im trying to get fired... and i have anxiety and dont wanna call

can someone tel me what will happen if i ncns 3 times will they call me or anything? and will this prevent me from getting another job

They will not call. After 3 ncns, it would be considered job abandonment. You will never work for Target again. A prospective employer may call Target to verify you worked there. Target does not share your performance. A new employer will find out, if you are hired, what kind of employee you are. Your last check will be mailed if you don't gave direct deposit.

They will not call. After 3 ncns, it would be considered job abandonment. You will never work for Target again. A prospective employer may call Target to verify you worked there. Target does not share your performance. A new employer will find out, if you are hired, what kind of employee you are. Your last check will be mailed if you don't gave direct deposit.
ok thanks... but will it be hard for me to get a new job later on

You'll find a new job. My friend NCNS himself out when he worked at CVS and he just got a job at office depot. Most places won't call your old employer either for entry level jobs since there is high turnover.

ok thanks... but will it be hard for me to get a new job later on

Yes, it will be. Not because of how you're leaving Target but because of your inability to handle these kinds of situations. Relax a little.

It sounds like you're stuck in a bad cycle. You're stressed/anxious about the situation, but that is only going to make the situation worse, thus giving you more reason to stress. If you just relax a little and take things as they come it'll be a million times easier for you- this coming from someone with major mental health/anxiety problems. Believe me- "letting go" like that isn't easy for me, but it's the only way to get through things sometimes.

Someday you might need/want to use your (former) Target peers for networking purposes. Do you want them to be left with that impression of you?

I will admit that there's a very low chance of that happening, but do you want to risk that when it can be so easily avoided?

You won't be able to be rehired at Target. It's considered job abandonment and can show up on a background check. No one is going to yell at you if you put in your two weeks or say you quit. Your future employers will not be impressed that you didnt give a two weeks notice/any notice. If you don't want to work the two weeks just call and say I quit. You still won't be rehireable, but its much more mature than ncns three times. It's not as much drama as you're making it be.

Part of having a job and being an employee is to learn responsibility. If you decide to leave the job, then you need to step up and actually quit instead of forcing the company to fire you. Sure, it is stressful but it is part of the deal. Suck it up and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back