Archived How to remove retail demo mode from display model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a guest who bought an Acer 2:1 tablet/laptop hybrid yesterday authorized by my ETL and when I removed the security system and was showing the functions to her she ended up noticing that its stuck on windows 8.1 demo mode with the default user and the only way to exit it is to switch to the Admin account and revert by reinstalling windows. however i don't have the password and have not been provided with one. I let the guest know I would try to fix it for her by today, does anyone know the default admin password or how to bypass this?

Sure, that's something we're going to provide on an open forum.
I don't think so.

who would I ask in my store? most etls, tl's and tm's would be clueless about this. there has to be some protocol of paperwork they provide for this

My guess is that's why you're not supposed to sell the display model, no matter what the idiot ETL says.
You need to move this up the line, it's above your paygrade.
Make it the ETL who okayed the sale problem.

Those netbooks were set up by a vendor. Nobody was supplied a master password. Best thing to do is to do a full reformat and reinstall with a fresh version of Win8/10.

AFAIK though, those tablets weren't supposed to be sold off. Those were ordered off of SAP. And I think they cost something like 5 bucks off of SAP. Meaning that your store exploiting a store-supply chain for profit. Not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back