Archived How to use PH hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest pay stub says I have 78 Vac Hours and 10.5 PH hours.

How do I use PH hours?

My hr rep said it's the same as vac hours but if it was then why would it be called something different?

Also, a seasoned TM told me I could use Vac hours to help with my hours being cut recently. Is that against the rules?

so my understanding with vacation hours is that you can only use them to get paid up to your average hours. so if you average 30 hours a week, you would only be able to use vacation to get yourself up to 30 hours.

How do I use PH hours?

On EHR, just like how you request vacation except you use the bank that says personal holiday.

My hr rep said it's the same as vac hours but if it was then why would it be called something different?

Everyone gets vacation after they have worked 1200 hours only fulltime (average 30 hours) team members get personal holiday.

There are certain holidays we have to work such as Martin Luther king day, labor day etc. So rather than giving us those days off Target gives personal holiday hours so fulltime team members can get time off anyways.

Also, a seasoned TM told me I could use Vac hours to help with my hours being cut recently. Is that against the rules?

No I highly recommend it. Happens all the time

Thanks, guys. Out of curiosity, do you think I could get away with taking some vacation hours, say, once a month until they are used up?

Thanks, guys. Out of curiosity, do you think I could get away with taking some vacation hours, say, once a month until they are used up?
You can use vacation hours as often as you want, but the only limitation is that you can't use them to go over your weekly average hours. So if your average hours is 35 and you work 30 hours that week, you can only use 5 vacation hours.

How long does it take to up your average hours? Like if I'm currently at 25, if I consistently worked 30+ hour weeks, how long would it take?

Check your paystub; usually updates your avg at the end of the month.

Yeah, I do. But I don't really work more than 25 hours a week except in the summer. I just wondered if several months of 30-40 hours would put me up to the magical 30 hour mark for benefits/PH hours/etc.

Yeah, I do. But I don't really work more than 25 hours a week except in the summer. I just wondered if several months of 30-40 hours would put me up to the magical 30 hour mark for benefits/PH hours/etc.
It's a rolling 52 week average, so it takes a while.

But if I'm doing the math correctly, you could work 40 hours/week for 12 weeks of summer and 25 hours/week for the other 40 weeks and you would only be at around 28 average hours per week.

Got it, thanks!

Whats your position? If comfortable, ask to cross train in areas you might be interested in working. (Also if you are in a hard circumstance, don't hesitate to let your superiors know).

If your store still has a Presentation Team, I would suggest asking about it.

The #1 reason is because when hours are cut through Jan-March. Presentation as a huge amount of hours to reset areas of the store, after 4th Quarter, and if your trained on Presentation, you can do just about anything, besides maybe Guest Service.

I am usually GS but am cross trained everywhere but consumables and b/r.

If you are planning on leaving Target anytime soon, it’s wise to see what paid time off is paid out upon termination. This varies by state and people often are unaware and lose their PTO when they leave Target. For instance, your state may only pay out vacation and you will lose your accrued personal holiday. In this case, always use personal holiday first. They also acrue at different rates and max out at different amounts. This is important to know so you don’t continue to work while maxed out and leave benefits on the table.

If you are planning on leaving Target anytime soon, it’s wise to see what paid time off is paid out upon termination. This varies by state and people often are unaware and lose their PTO when they leave Target. For instance, your state may only pay out vacation and you will lose your accrued personal holiday. In this case, always use personal holiday first. They also acrue at different rates and max out at different amounts. This is important to know so you don’t continue to work while maxed out and leave benefits on the table.

Very important to research this info in your store if you’re unaware. It changed a lot a couple of years back when Janna Potts got her hands on it. In my state, we now lose all vacation accrued after we quit, and vacation/PH is capped at 1.5x yearly accrual instead of 2x as it was in the past.

@HRLady would you be able to share where we can find more information about how much well being time, vacation time, and personal holidays carry over year to year?

@HRLady would you be able to share where we can find more information about how much well being time, vacation time, and personal holidays carry over year to year?

- Scroll to the bottom where there is a grey section called Resources, and then click Plan Documents

- Click on Time Off and then open the PDF

You can always call the Target Benefits Center at 1-800-828-5850 if you have questions.

There is info on the Target Pay and Benefits website as well. Try what SFSFun said in his post to find the document about Time Off. If you are using a mobile phone instead of a computer, you might not see the Resources section that he mentions though (my phone doesn't show it but I don't know if it is like that for everyone too). If you don't see it, then you can try this: Go to the Target Pay and Benefits Website --> Login --> Go to the upper left hand corner where you see three lines and select "Pay & Time Off" --> Click on "Time-off Program Guide for Non-Exempt Team Members" which is listed under "Time-Off Program Details" -> Click on "Time Off" which is listed under "Summary Plan Descriptions/Plan Guidelines" --> Click on "Time Off Program Guide for Non Exempt TM" --> PDF guide will open.

I heard this from a representative: All of your unused Vacation and Personal Holiday Hours carry over from year to year. Same goes for Sick Hours. The only thing you lose every year is Well-being Hours.

Last edited:
I was told Target doesn't do any pay outs for vacation or ph hours when you quit. Is that false?

My latest pay stub says I have 78 Vac Hours and 10.5 PH hours.

How do I use PH hours?

Yes that is what I am doing also but remember that it does not help your average hours as far as benefits go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back