Archived How's "Tech" Working Out For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MakingCheddar48

Hi, I was hoping to reach out to fellow Target "Tech" team members and see how you felt about the name change over the past couple months? Personally it's been a nightmare for our store. Because of the shirt, we have guests who think we are the Best Buy version of Geek Squad. Literally people have come up and ask me how to install satellite dishes, fix microwaves, etc., and guests are confused by what "Tech" means, and are not associating "Tech" with cell phones. Also, we've gotten some comments about how unprofessional the shirts have looked as well.

Any other Tech team members wish to comment on this?

I had this problem when I was in Market and had to wear those "Fresh Meat" T-Shirts...

Honestly, though I am not even sure what a "Tech" TM is, do you mean Target Mobile?

Yes. Over Black Friday, "Mobile" now has a different work attire and is now known as "Target Tech"

Only the EEL of "tech" wears the tech shirt. No one else of the 4 team members there wears it.

Only the EEL of "tech" wears the tech shirt. No one else of the 4 team members there wears it.

I can explain why. Only the team leads have been given the redemption code for the 4 free shirts. The part timers are still waiting for their 2 or have to buy them in a certain amount of time

As far as I've seen no one seems to treat our mobile differently. I'll ask them and see if I can get you a better response tho.

I work in a small store, so the majority of our guests are regulars. The only difference with the Tech thing is the banners around their area and the shirts/badges. We still call them Mobile among the TM's, as well as guests only going to them for phone issues.

They got 4 shirts? My guy only got one I think...I only get the tl plus coverage for his days off from a floater.

He doesn't get treated different. Guests have always asked those types of questions...

Yeah the name made me think of geek squad as well but our guy still gets asked mostly mobile questions. He is overly helpful though he is like having a second electronics TM its pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back