Archived Hr refusing to change availability??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

Team Member
ive been trying to change my availability since October. I kid you not, I've talked to hr, etlhr, the gstl,and etlge and they all say the same thing "I'll take a look at it"

It's not like I'm requesting impossible hours, I'm completely open every single day of the week EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY. I have college and babysitting.....

I don't want to call in every Sunday I'm scheduled, cause luckily my gstl has been able to tweak the schedule so I'm at 34hrs before Friday, but alas I'm beginning to be scheduled on sundays even with him knowing and trying to fix it.

I'm beyond frustrated now and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I've sent in at least 7 requests that were left on pending, and then to auto denied.

ive been trying to change my availability since October. I kid you not, I've talked to hr, etlhr, the gstl,and etlge and they all say the same thing "I'll take a look at it"

It's not like I'm requesting impossible hours, I'm completely open every single day of the week EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY. I have college and babysitting.....

I don't want to call in every Sunday I'm scheduled, cause luckily my gstl has been able to tweak the schedule so I'm at 34hrs before Friday, but alas I'm beginning to be scheduled on sundays even with him knowing and trying to fix it.

I'm beyond frustrated now and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I've sent in at least 7 requests that were left on pending, and then to auto denied.

That's messed up. I'm surprised your GSTL is wasting their time tweaking your schedule instead of speaking up for you when these requests are continually auto-denied because an ETL is not doing their job.

Or whoever makes your schedule/does approvals of stuff. Don't know who that is

Auto deny.
Tm: I need time off.
Tl: No.
Tm: How about now?
Tl: No.
Now? Nuh-Uh.
Seriously, auto deny? An actual person is not making the call?

^This.

Sounds like no one wants to just tell you no. If you hired in with open weekend availability, perhaps they aren't willing to change it. Corner your ETL or TL, and ask them to approve or deny it.

STLs often will deny any change that closes any weekend availability. They also will often not hire anybody who says they cannot work weekends. Unfortunately no rules are being broken.

STLs often will deny any change that closes any weekend availability. They also will often not hire anybody who says they cannot work weekends. Unfortunately no rules are being broken.

Yeah this happens at my store sometimes. We hire people only because they can work weekends then they want to change that (to be fair to OP at least they still are willing to work Saturdays)

I know you don't have to, but I would explain why you can't work Sundays. Even make up a sob story if you have to...

IMO, they're being very unreasonable. School should take priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back