Archived I’m a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked 11-6pm yesterday and I didn’t take a lunch at all. While I was having dinner with my husband I told him I haven’t eaten yet. He asked me why I didn’t eat on my lunch break. I told him I didn’t get a lunch break because I only worked 5.5 hours. Well, he did the math out loud and I realized I actually worked 7 hours. Now I realize I’m an idiot and I’m probably going to get in major trouble for not punching in or out for lunch. Is this a fireable offense? I’ve heard of people taking their lunches too late and hitting compliance, but I’ve never heard of people completely missing their lunch break. What should I tell HR?

Don’t lie about it. HR will know when they run the compliance report. Own up to it as soon as you go in for your next shift and if they seem uneasy tell them you’ll set an alarm to remind you to take your meal on time. ASANTS but at mine the first is forgiven, the repeat offenders are the ones that will face disciplinary actions.

I worked 11-6pm yesterday and I didn’t take a lunch at all. While I was having dinner with my husband I told him I haven’t eaten yet. He asked me why I didn’t eat on my lunch break. I told him I didn’t get a lunch break because I only worked 5.5 hours. Well, he did the math out loud and I realized I actually worked 7 hours. Now I realize I’m an idiot and I’m probably going to get in major trouble for not punching in or out for lunch. Is this a fireable offense? I’ve heard of people taking their lunches too late and hitting compliance, but I’ve never heard of people completely missing their lunch break. What should I tell HR?
Not fireable but it will be a cca for meal compliance , which means you will acknowledge that you messed up and will be put on probation for 6 months. You do it again it goes to a final for a year and the 3rd time you are fired . Don’t try to lie they can pull the camera and if you get caught lying you will be fired.

Do leaders no longer get alerts when someone is reaching compliance? I know I've seen those alerts before, and I've heard walkie chatter when LOD saw them. But I haven't bothered grabbing equipment when I'm scheduled as cashier anymore since we don't get to do reshop, so I haven't noticed if they stopped.

Not fireable, but you might get written up about it. I'd get out in front of it and talk to your TL and/or HR about it ASAP. And don't make the same mistake again. Repeat offenders aren't looked upon kindly.

Also, because this kind of thing is such a big deal with my state's labor department, leaders at my store are really good about reminding TMs as they get close to violating. Too bad they aren't at your store.

Do leaders no longer get alerts when someone is reaching compliance? I know I've seen those alerts before, and I've heard walkie chatter when LOD saw them. But I haven't bothered grabbing equipment when I'm scheduled as cashier anymore since we don't get to do reshop, so I haven't noticed if they stopped.

Leaders get the alerts. Doesn't mean they pay attention to them.

The very first time we had to do the baby transition and I had to build all the displays, the only place I could work was in the trailer that they used for extra storage space.
It was cold and miserable but at least no one was bothering me.
I spent the entire day building cribs, high chairs, etc.
It was only when someone came to tell me my shift was over that I realized that I hadn't taken a break or gone to lunch.
Lucky at that time I was golden so they just shook their finger at me and told me to never do it again.

Don't fake your time.
Just admit it and move on.

Why in the world would you fake a lunch? When people fake lunches they are giving T the money they earned. Think about it for a minute. Lets say you make $12 an hour. By faking a lunch you are giving them $6 back. So in reality for your shift that day you made a little over $11 an hour.
You are human, you made a mistake. Go to HR let them know you were in compliance, sign the form, take the wrap on the knuckles and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back