Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL this the funniest ones are guests looking for a non existent item and say they have seen it in store before then proceed to mention they actually saw it at a different location or different store and automatically assume every target has the same inventory or stock
Or when they say the price was lower or on clearance at another Target. They want to know if we will price match ourselves or our online price. No matter how many times you tell a guest we do not have all the same prices and we do not clearance at the same time they still try to push for it.

I always ask "why didn't you buy it at the store you saw it at?" Thats when the stories begin. "My friend's Mom's friend saw it for that price." , "I work at the DC...." , and so on..

LOL this the funniest ones are guests looking for a non existent item and say they have seen it in store before then proceed to mention they actually saw it at a different location or different store and automatically assume every target has the same inventory or stock
Or when they say the price was lower or on clearance at another Target. They want to know if we will price match ourselves or our online price. No matter how many times you tell a guest we do not have all the same prices and we do not clearance at the same time they still try to push for it.

I always ask "why didn't you buy it at the store you saw it at?" Thats when the stories begin. "My friend's Mom's friend saw it for that price." , "I work at the DC...." , and so on..

I always love the "my friend's mom's cousin's boyfriend's sister's dog" stories. When they start with that crap, I just tune out. We get people at the pharmacy who try that with certain items (usually razors or Sonicare toothbrushes) and I tell them "sorry, I can't price match another store. You'll have to have them pick it up at that store for you".

IHIW you mention something to "the powers that be" and, instead of actually ANSWERING or ADDRESSING your concern, they give you a "canned" response that's a bunch of BS. Give me a little credit...I graduated magna cum laude (.01 away from summa), have been around the block a time or two, and can smell BS a mile away. Too bad someone else gave away "the dirty little secret" ;)

What? No. Every Target in the US is doing the price match.
without getting to into specifics
please reread the price match policies there are different types of targets...
please dont spread misinformation like this to guests as it causes headaches to other targets having to explain to guests about price match policies

What? No. Every Target in the US is doing the price match.
without getting to into specifics
please reread the price match policies there are different types of targets...
please dont spread misinformation like this to guests as it causes headaches to other targets having to explain to guests about price match policies
+-

OK.
I've looked at the price match policy and I don't remember anything about the rules not applying to certain kinds of stores.
What am I missing?
I know all Targets aren't the same and often Spot likes to try things out in different districts but I'd think this would be one thing they would want to be consistent about.

When my husband and I were first married and both worked full time jobs, I used to slice it, put cloves in it and put it in the oven. It was so good!

Slice it thin, roll it up, spear it with a wedge of pineapple & bake...<3

Back OT I hate it when... it's guest first and you're heading up to help out the front lanes only to end up kidnapped because the GSA/GSTL won't close you down when the lines have died and instead of going to the actual designated cashiers the guests keep coming to you (the back-up). And they wonder why they have such a hard time getting people up front when they need help. :p It's gotten to the point that when our SL team members go up whoever is not going says "if you're not back in X amount of time" I'll come "rescue" you. :p haha

IHIW you're expected to do something that you're not given the opportunity to do! It's kind of hard to get RxRewards sign-ups/transactions when A) you don't get enough prompts in a day to get them, B) you don't get enough guests who aren't already signed up, C) a good % of your guests don't "qualify" & D) you're not there to GET them!!!

Cost of business is much higher in Alaska and Hawaii, everything cost the company much more to supply those stores with merchandise so they can not price match or it would not be worth them even being in those states. i take it they must ship product to Hawaii by boat?

If people are whining about price hikes in HI or AK, there's a simple solution: move to the continental US.

A) Just getting up and moving from a state that is that far is not easy (I speak from experience).
B ) Far too often companies will price gouge just because they can using the excuse of the "outside the continental US".
C) Most people in those states understand that things are going to be more expensive, but it pisses them off to be screwed just because of where they live.

City Targets, Alaska, and Hawaii stores are exempt from the price match guarantee

Of course, Alaska and Hawaii, the red headed step children of the US.
All chain retail stores feel they can screw over the folks that live in those states.

[video=youtube;qyVgDW7h0Fw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyVgDW7h0Fw[/video]

^This

I grew up in what's called the Bush in Alaska.
I recognize everything in that video.
Thought the 'most per capita cabs' thing is kinda misleading.
Alaska tends to have more of just about everything per capita because of the way its population is so small and concentrated at the same time.

^This

I grew up in what's called the Bush in Alaska.
I recognize everything in that video.
Thought the 'most per capita cabs' thing is kinda misleading.
Alaska tends to have more of just about everything per capita because of the way its population is so small and concentrated at the same time.

I've always wanted to visit Alaska... I ran across that video awhile back and found it very interesting.

Holy crap. I'm never moving to Alaska.

That's the Bush.
If you live near any of the major cities it's not nearly as bad (still pretty awful though).
Those prices are because everything has to be first brought into Anchorage then flown there.
There are no roads to get out to the Bush, you go by plane and maybe by boat in the summer.

Last edited:
On the bright side, I'd get really skinny because I wouldn't be able to afford food, let alone junk food! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back