Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often joke that I'm going to get fired because of the carts. I'll be clearing the exit way and a guest will come up and push their cart at me. I just look at the guest, the cart, and then the area where the carts go, and ask, "CIHYFS?"

One of these days I will re-arrange them around a car and see how the guest feels about being boxed in .. Muahahahhaha :big_boss:

You guys are great! :D

One time, a lady unloaded her cart in the middle of the "aisle" by the carts, just left it there, then proceeded to look at me and complain about all the carts "in her way". I just looked at her and said "Well, when people take their bags out and just leave their carts sitting there, what do you expect?" (I wasn't having a good day) She kind of looked at me funny, then the light bulb went off and she turned around and grabbed her cart and pushed it to the other side of the carts...I said "Thank you...have a nice day"...she just scowled at me and walked out ;) Since I knew the cart attendant was on lunch, I straightened out the carts as quickly as I could and went back to the pharmacy...

Often, while at my post at the doors, I'll usually try and make sure the area is clear of carts. My store is small, and there is not much space at all between the cart wall and the doors. Quite often, however, I'll just be standing there, doin' my AP thing, and a guest will just push a cart directly at me, say "Thank you," and briskly walk out of the store. Its like they assume that I'll put their cart up for them. Its not like the other carts aren't literally three feet from where they're standing.

I've seen other times where a guest will take their cart of merchandise from the store, only to empty their cart directly in front of the doors, outside the store, then walk to their cars. Why bother taking the cart outside then? Or when they empty their cart in the space between the two sets of doors, and then leave it there, blocking the door way.

I'm not even a cart attendent, and this stuff pisses me off.

Why do people think that it's acceptable to just drop off a cart in front of the exit? This drives me crazy. Especially when the cart attendant is on break and they just pile up forever. I'll generally take a few seconds to fix them before I head back out to the floor.

I don't know why people think its acceptable to leave their cart right in the checkout lane. I kid you not. I've had quite a few guests unload their cart and then leave it there, or abandon it at the midpoint of the lane, around where the first conveyor belt meets the scanner. :wacko:

I don't know why people think its acceptable to leave their cart right in the checkout lane. I kid you not. I've had quite a few guests unload their cart and then leave it there, or abandon it at the midpoint of the lane, around where the first conveyor belt meets the scanner. :wacko:

And usually the guest behind them just gives them a dirty look and will push it forward. Or I will go around and get it. People just don't think. It's almost as bad when they just leave them at the end of the lane when it's crazy busy.

IHIW a certain "team" thinks that anything left in the break room for ALL the TMs is exclusively for them! We've had a few instances where the store has put food in the back room for the TMs to either take or eat. Well, this particular "team" seems to think that, since it's there, they can take as much of it as they want....I'm not talking about 2-3 items, they will take 3-4 BAGS worth and leave NONE of it for the rest of the TMs....if it's there and they know about it, they will CLEAR it out!!! I'm not exaggerating...I've been back there when it's been brought in, left to go to the bathroom and by the time I get back, it's ALL gone....I go into the area where the lockers are and there it all is, in bags with their names on it. Even when the store celebrates the monthly birthdays, they have been known to take ENTIRE packages of cookies or cupcakes HOME when they're put there for us to EAT IN THE STORE!!! The ETL has spoken to them about it, but they continue to do it! If someone says something to mgmt, they say "Well, maybe they 'don't understand what we're saying to them', we'll talk to them again" and yet it continues....it's just annoying when there's food left for EVERYONE to enjoy and only a few people (and their families) are actually getting to enjoy it :angry:

IHIW a certain "team" thinks that anything left in the break room for ALL the TMs is exclusively for them! We've had a few instances where the store has put food in the back room for the TMs to either take or eat. Well, this particular "team" seems to think that, since it's there, they can take as much of it as they want....I'm not talking about 2-3 items, they will take 3-4 BAGS worth and leave NONE of it for the rest of the TMs....if it's there and they know about it, they will CLEAR it out!!! I'm not exaggerating...I've been back there when it's been brought in, left to go to the bathroom and by the time I get back, it's ALL gone....I go into the area where the lockers are and there it all is, in bags with their names on it. Even when the store celebrates the monthly birthdays, they have been known to take ENTIRE packages of cookies or cupcakes HOME when they're put there for us to EAT IN THE STORE!!! The ETL has spoken to them about it, but they continue to do it! If someone says something to mgmt, they say "Well, maybe they 'don't understand what we're saying to them', we'll talk to them again" and yet it continues....it's just annoying when there's food left for EVERYONE to enjoy and only a few people (and their families) are actually getting to enjoy it :angry:

If you're talking about the "team" I believe you're talking about, they like to eat random team member's lunches too!!

We've had the same issue at my store as well (hell, probably happens in every store). It got to the point where they had to purposely hold some of the food back just so those of us that work at night would have some. I'd get to work at Open, or 9 am, and the food would be all gone already. A whole days worth, a entire store teams worth. Some people are just really greedy.

If you're talking about the "team" I believe you're talking about, they like to eat random team member's lunches too!!

I believe one of them has also permanently "borrowed" my Camelback water bottle as well, and YES, it DID have my name written on it in black Sharpie :angry:

Store leadership actually allows tm's to take food home? At my store we consider it stealing from the company, it's paid for by target for target tm's it needs to be consumed on target premises and we actually serve it to the team.

Store leadership actually allows tm's to take food home? At my store we consider it stealing from the company, it's paid for by target for target tm's it needs to be consumed on target premises and we actually serve it to the team.

the team members just take it - the ETL's aren't standing guard over the food [no soup for you!]
happens all the time at my store, first come first serve - and the ETL's make sure they are there for first dibs.
I've seen entire pizzas walk out the door. Or stacks of paper plates filled with food.

the team members just take it - the ETL's aren't standing guard over the food [no soup for you!]
happens all the time at my store, first come first serve - and the ETL's make sure they are there for first dibs.
I've seen entire pizzas walk out the door. Or stacks of paper plates filled with food.

O_O wow, shame on those TMS. Thank god our ETL-HR and leadership team actually listens to our talking sessions and one point that was brought up is the night team never gets anything if there is a food event and they have definatly made sure the night team has stuff now as opposed to being left out.

Also havent seen anyone take anything home. Might eat a lot when they are there but never take it home. We have even had left over pizza at closing that we just put in the fridge for the next day. My store has some food thing almost every week too I swear haha. I love my store and ETL team =)

If it's something they bring in from the outside (like at Christmas), no. On a couple of occasions, though, they have let us take certain "OOPS" things home. Once, we got an obscene amount of produce delivered that was supposed to go to a SuperTarget (we're a pFresh store). I guess once it's delivered, it can't be picked back up and they didn't realize it until they started to unpack it or something (don't really know all the details) because it was mixed in with prepackaged produce. Rather than throw it all out, they put it in the break room for us to eat...there was something about a certain date it had to be "out of the store" by and it wasn't so they told us to start taking it home because there was no way it could all be eaten by then. Then, a few weeks ago, there was some overstock boxed food that was about to expire (I mean A LOT) that was found in the back room (they found a pallet of it in the wrong place, I think) a day before the "sell by date" on the package. Again, it couldn't be sent back and the STL didn't want to throw it all out so they put it in the break room and opened some of it for us to eat and told us to take a box home if we wanted (there was literally over a hundred boxes).

I make sure that pharmacy folks know about any free food events. Sometimes we forget theyre An important part of our team.
I know wrong thread!

I can't stand it when TMs throw their keys on the Guest Service counter instead of taking 30 seconds to put them in the lock box...

I can't stand it when TMs throw their keys on the Guest Service counter instead of taking 30 seconds to put them in the lock box...

At my store, they have to hand their keys to the GSTL or else the keys are considered missing until the GSTL or LOD accounts for them.

I usually just ask whoever is at guest service to open it or ask for the keys to open and close it myself if i need keys or to put them away

I make sure that pharmacy folks know about any free food events. Sometimes we forget theyre An important part of our team.
I know wrong thread!

IHIW we're "left out of the loop". We're never included in huddles, rarely do we even know who the LOD is, unless we happen to look at the board. I joke that we "exist in our own little bubble", but it's true for the most part because we're pretty much a separate entity over in pharmacy. It's actually kind of humorous (in a sad sort of way) because sometimes, someone will ask "Green world, does anyone know where X is?" and one of us will grab the walkie (if we have one that works that day) and say "Yes, it's in aisle Y#" and they're really caught off guard because they have NO CLUE who answered them ;) Although, one night, I was taking our garbage to the back and one of the new ETL's asked me why I was doing it and I told her we do it every night and she said "Why? We have people that clean overnight" I said "Ummm.....not in the pharmacy we don't....we do ALL our own cleaning" She actually asked me "Really? Why is that?" :facepalm:

IHIW a) I get called in on my day off b) we're RIDICULOUSLY busy on that day and c) customers are just downright rude....I actually had a lady SNAP her fingers at me today because I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for her:angry: The pharmacist and the other tech were on the phone, and a guest walks up to the counter. I had my arms full of drugs and had just started to unload them so I said "Hi! I'll be right with you!" and finished unloading the stuff onto the counter...she looks around the pillar that divides the registers from where we stand and starts snapping her fingers at me!!! I get over there and said (through clenched teeth, but smiling) "Sorry, had my hands full there...How can I help you?" look down, and she's got a basket of frickin' PRODUCE on the counter :angry: She kind of pushes it towars me and says "Ring these up, I don't want to stand in line up front." So, I start ringing them up and she THEN starts criticizing my bagging skills....who knew there was an issue putting bananas and grapes in the same bag??? I ended up having to put almost everything in its OWN EFFING BAG!!! She had 8 items and I used 6 bags AND THEY WERE ALL FRUIT!!!!! The only things I could put together were the 2 packages of strawberries and the 2 packages of blueberries :facepalm: It's one thing if a PHARMACY guest is impatient because we're "running late" on their script or they've been standing there a while, but this lady had literally JUST walked up when I saw her and it was obvious that I had my arms full and I wasn't about to just drop them all on the counter and have them roll all over creation!

OMG! Her sister was at the food ave counter! I was wrapping up hotdogs for a guest who had stepped to the side when she came up. First she starts clearing her voice, then sighing loudly, then starts tapping on the counter with her keys. I looked over my shoulder & said "I'll be right with you." She said "I just want to get a COKE!" & grabs a cup. I finished up with the hotdogs & rang up her soda. She swipes her card, snatches the cup & stalks away muttering.
I said "Have a nice DAY!"...b*tch

And I think she sent her brother in today....it's just me and the pharmacist this morning while the other tech was in the bathroom. The RPh was on the phone and I was checking out a guest (and there was already another guest waiting behind her) when this guy walks up to the other register and says "Can I get some service here?!?!" I said "Someone will be right with you, sir". I finished with the first guest and started with the next one. He goes BALLISTIC!! He basically starts yelling about how "his time is money, blah, blah, blah" so the pharmacist comes over and says "can I help you?" and he starts going off on HER. Well, she takes crap from NO ONE and tells him "Sir, we take guests in the order they walk up to the counter. The guest my technician is helping was here before you so she helped her first. I apologize if you can't wait your turn, but that's how we do things. Now how can I help you?" He kind of looked dumbfounded for a second, then asked her for some Sudafed and was quite polite the rest of the transaction and even told her to have a nice day ;)

Sounds like she served him a can of whoop-a$$ with that Sudafed...

OMG! Her sister was at the food ave counter! I was wrapping up hotdogs for a guest who had stepped to the side when she came up. First she starts clearing her voice, then sighing loudly, then starts tapping on the counter with her keys. I looked over my shoulder & said "I'll be right with you." She said "I just want to get a COKE!" & grabs a cup. I finished up with the hotdogs & rang up her soda. She swipes her card, snatches the cup & stalks away muttering.
I said "Have a nice DAY!"...b*tch

Oh I love Food Ave...the most interesting guests seem to float over there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back