Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when I pick up a PDA at 100% battery power, sign it out at 75%, and then walk out of TSC at 50%.

Or when you first get in,

"Ask, would you please take the cart of reshop for the back of the store?"
"Sure, no problem!"

I grab my PDA get to the back and oh, from 100% to 12%. Nice.

Or when you first get in,

"Ask, would you please take the cart of reshop for the back of the store?"
"Sure, no problem!"

I grab my PDA get to the back and oh, from 100% to 12%. Nice.

Or when you you don't even see a number; its just blue with the white asterisks and it dies when you're right in the middle of something.

I hate it when a guest comes to the service desk with the wrong receipt, realizing they have lost the correct one, and yell at you because they paid cash and explaining we have no way of honoring a full refund because they paid cash. I try to help and am very courteous imo, but I hate it when guests can't take accountability for losing their own receipt. It's not our problem, it's their lack of responsibility. Sorry, but thanks for giving me the 10 minute lecture. She demanded to speak to my supervisor. Telling her she was going to say the same thing didn't have any effect. Called my GSTL over, guess what, same outcome and response. Got to listen to the same lecture a second time over. Happened to me last night. Not the first or the last time I'm sure. Like I said I sincerely try to help where I can, but don't put the blame on us when you are dumber than a second coat of paint, pay cash, and lose the receipt. Your problem not ours.

as i was leaving work, a guest approached me in the parking lot and asked me if we sold a certain product, i told her i was off the clock ands she has to ask someone inside for help. of course i get the the rolling eyes and a "whatever" from her. first off, why don't you actually go INSIDE the store first and look instead of asking someone in the parking lot? -__-

When I grab a PDA, I like to scan a barcode with it before leaving the TMSC. If it's a weak battery, usually it will drop down to red after the first scan. Then I know to grab a different one.

One of the nice things about having a room full of broken equipment is people tend to leave broken PDAs on the chargers. I'm actually being serious, it's helpful because those batteries charge, whereas the batteries on the "charger" do not, no matter how many phone books we put on them

When I grab a PDA, I like to scan a barcode with it before leaving the TMSC. If it's a weak battery, usually it will drop down to red after the first scan. Then I know to grab a different one.

One of the nice things about having a room full of broken equipment is people tend to leave broken PDAs on the chargers. I'm actually being serious, it's helpful because those batteries charge, whereas the batteries on the "charger" do not, no matter how many phone books we put on them
A black battery is the newest battery.

Last week I was on the phone with a guest in domestics. The woman was describing something in detail to me, so obviously I was not talking. This other guest approached me, stood in front of me as I'm trying to listen to this woman and asks "Do you speak Spanish?" I guess to her, it looked like I was doing nothing but standing there with a phone to my ear for no good reason.
This is what bothers me so much about retail. Some guests feel it's appropriate and okay to be rude to employees. Never mind the fact that I'm trying to help someone else.
WHICH brings me to another point: I love it when I am obviously helping someone, because we are having a conversation, and there's another guest standing and watching us like a hawk (creepy). I've had guests literally walk between us and interrupt our conversation to ask me a stupid question that could have waited one whole minute.

No patience, no sense of how to act in public or treat people, no sense of what is appropriate vs inappropriate...it boggles my mind.

Last week I was on the phone with a guest in domestics. The woman was describing something in detail to me, so obviously I was not talking. This other guest approached me, stood in front of me as I'm trying to listen to this woman and asks "Do you speak Spanish?" I guess to her, it looked like I was doing nothing but standing there with a phone to my ear for no good reason.
This is what bothers me so much about retail. Some guests feel it's appropriate and okay to be rude to employees. Never mind the fact that I'm trying to help someone else.
WHICH brings me to another point: I love it when I am obviously helping someone, because we are having a conversation, and there's another guest standing and watching us like a hawk (creepy). I've had guests literally walk between us and interrupt our conversation to ask me a stupid question that could have waited one whole minute.

No patience, no sense of how to act in public or treat people, no sense of what is appropriate vs inappropriate...it boggles my mind.

I get the phone thing in the pharmacy all the time....it's either a guest will walk up to the counter and expect me to get OFF the phone to help them or the guest on the phone will start saying "HELLO?!?!" after I say "Okay, let me look that up" if I don't say anything within 2 seconds.

I hate it when i go into my old store to shop and people recognize me from my cashiering/cart attendant days, when i havent worked for spot in 6mo!

Yea Redeye, thats gotta be the reason, seems logical, oh wait thats right I totally forgot, Targets defies all logic and reasoning :wacko:

I don't know why people think its acceptable to leave their cart right in the checkout lane. I kid you not. I've had quite a few guests unload their cart and then leave it there, or abandon it at the midpoint of the lane, around where the first conveyor belt meets the scanner. :wacko:

When I actually get to speed weave (doesn't happen often when they schedule me three minors at the lanes, someone who isn't confident at the service desk, and only one person at Starbucks during "rush hour"), I pull their carts forward and load their bags into them. If the guest tells me they are going to just carry their bags, I remind them to put their cart away and run off to the next lane. :pardon:

When I actually get to speed weave (doesn't happen often when they schedule me three minors at the lanes, someone who isn't confident at the service desk, and only one person at Starbucks during "rush hour"), I pull their carts forward and load their bags into them. If the guest tells me they are going to just carry their bags, I remind them to put their cart away and run off to the next lane. :pardon:

Put their OWN cart away?!?!?! Are you freaking serious?!?!?! They can't do that!!!! That's what we peons are there for!!!

I know, I know. Expecting people to follow that common sense rule of you take it out, you put it away. What am I thinking?

I know, I know. Expecting people to follow that common sense rule of you take it out, you put it away. What am I thinking?

Sometimes the ca may call out. T chick may have soulful eyes & voice with an innocent delivery, the guests couldn't say no too.

We were (lectured) asked recently to "straighten out the carts if we see them all messed up, regardless of how long it takes us" when we are going/coming to/from our breaks/lunches. I usually do if it's a few and they're blocking the walkway, making it difficult to enter/exit the store. Sometimes, however, there are so many, I just clear a path so there's room enough for people to get through.....I guess that's not "good enough anymore" and we're supposed to take them and "put them ALL away correctly":girl_impossible: What they don't seem to realize is that we're usually on a pretty tight schedule in Rx for breaks/lunches and if one of us is late coming back, it messes up the entire schedule. I was coming back from my break the other day and kinda' timed it (fortunately, I was the last one so I could do this), it took me 10+ minutes to straighten all of them out and put them away "correctly" because they were so messed up and had to be moved to the "other side" of the rows of carts (since all of them were on the "register side" and they want them on the "store side")!!! Luckily, we had plenty of coverage so I wasn't really "missed" in pharmacy, but if there are only 2 of us and the RPh, sometimes, we can't afford for one of us to be gone that long....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back