Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

violet sky

Front End Doormat
Just another thread to complain about the things guests do!

------

I hate it when I have a line of people at Food Ave, only 4 pizzas, and the guest in front gets them all. Good for sales, but bad because all of the other people in the line usually want pizza as well and they have to wait and complain while I make more. :p

I hate it when you're helping a guest and you don't have the item in stock. I generally check other stores if they want. Then they ask when will you be getting more in. I tell them how many trucks we get per week and it could be on any of them. We don't know what is on the truck until we unload it.

SrTLRep, you unload when the store is open? We don't start the unload until the store is closed when we are overnights. On early AM it's unloaded hours before we open. I'm not doubting you, I just find this strange. ;)

Bullseye, here is an answer to when items are coming in. If you have PDA, go to item seach(color) screen. Scan the label or enter item number 49 in front of it. That brings floor & backroom locations. Hit the book picture in the upper right corner. Then hit the instocks screen, it will have the dc with inbound info to your store there. That will tell if dc has it or coming on next truck.
That screen gives you alot cool info too.

Bullseye, here is an answer to when items are coming in. If you have PDA, go to item seach(color) screen. Scan the label or enter item number 49 in front of it. That brings floor & backroom locations. Hit the book picture in the upper right corner. Then hit the instocks screen, it will have the dc with inbound info to your store there. That will tell if dc has it or coming on next truck.

Yeah its useful, but it never shows anything on about 95% of the items in the store, just a bunch of N/A N/A N/A N/A

Bullseye, Hit the book picture in the upper right corner. Then hit the instocks screen, it will have the dc with inbound info to your store there. That will tell if dc has it or coming on next truck.

Thanks, I knew all the rest of what you said but wasn't aware of this. However the problem here is most of the time after 6am I am PDAless. I'd have to search for another TM with one to get this info. But thanks for the info. :)

This is one of the reasons I come here, seems like I learn something new every day. Thanks Hardlinesmaster. Of course, the whole never having a PDA thing is a ongoing but you can't have everything (where would you put it?).

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Also, the target mobile app on 3G/4G itouch or iPhone. You can use guest version of item search or scan the barcode for info, too.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]SrTLRep, you unload when the store is open? We don't start the unload until the store is closed when we are overnights. On early AM it's unloaded hours before we open. I'm not doubting you, I just find this strange. ;)[/QUOTE]

We start the unload at 10:30, so we have about 30 mins while the store is open. We used to unload right at close until they shifted our close time to 11. We have guests in the store most nights until about 11:15, we have to chase them out with sticks :p Might I add, I'm not looking forward to the extended holiday hours either.

Yeah too bad it took nearly 3 years for anybody at my store to tell me about it. Although it is only useful to an extent. For example I don't think it can tell about computer games(according to my electronics TL)

Believe me, I DO utilize all those features. But getting on a PDA is portable power!

Being a cashier, I will never get my hands on a PDA. All I have is my register, my phone, and the GSTL. Every time (except one) I've ever used Merch Locate, it took forever to load, then wouldn't even connect. We just got new registers at my store, and the aforementioned exception was on a new register and caused it to crash. Half the lanes don't have a working phone, and the GSTLs have this really annoying tendency to disappear when they're actually needed. :eek:

This isn't really a hate, but I can't say I like it either, so I'm just going to post it here...

I'm not fond of when a guest approaches me and refers to me by name. It just feels weird to have a stranger use my name when I don't know theirs, I know I'm wearing a name tag, but still...Maybe I'm odd lol

It's weird to me too. I always wonder if it's someone who knows me, then I look and have no idea who the hell they are. And if they're on break/lunch from a nearby business and they're wearing a name tag, I make a point of avoiding using their name unless I actually know them.

I hate it when I need a DPCI while cashiering and the GSTL isn't no where to be found.

I think Target should get more walkies and give one to every cashier, that way if we need an item or a dpci we can just ask for it from someone on the sales floor instead of trying to locate our GSTL and stalling the line

I hate it when a guest's kid will not stop crying, and the guest in question has 5093487654765 items to be rung up.... and the kid's bawling throughout, from start to finish and even as they're leaving the store.

I mean, to some degree I feel bad for the parent, but at the same time... ARGH!

I think Target should get more walkies and give one to every cashier, that way if we need an item or a dpci we can just ask for it from someone on the sales floor instead of trying to locate our GSTL and stalling the line
Agreed. So, so much. :C

It also doesn't help that most of the time, the GSTL/GSAs don't have their PDA set to notify them if a cashier needs help, and it takes them forever to notice the blinker's flashing. =_=

Try using the help button on the keyboard. That will sent an alert to the gstl PDA for what you need help on.
dutifulTM said:
It also doesn't help that most of the time, the GSTL/GSAs don't have their PDA set to notify them if a cashier needs help
;)

I've been cashiering for a little over two months now, and only a handful of times has that help button ever worked.

Last edited:
Go to a spill station before you start. There is directions on how use your phone as a radio. The options differ from each store. Find the one for one way communication & which buttons to use for it. Try it & see what happens.
It is suggested to say, "gstl to register 7 for guest assistance"

Go to a spill station before you start. There is directions on how use your phone as a radio. The options differ from each store. Find the one for one way communication & which buttons to use for it. Try it & see what happens.
It is suggested to say, "gstl to register 7 for guest assistance"
I'll check that out when I'm next at work. :)

In our store, the phone to walkie channel doesn't work.
At least, it didn't when I tried it on the smart Cisco phones. Maybe the dumb red phones work, but I don't see how that would be the case. It's like the extension for that that channel is disabled.

Try using the help button on the keyboard. That will sent an alert to the gstl PDA for what you need help on.

In my 8 months of cashiering, that button has never worked. Whenever I need ink for the printer or a break, it would display and error saying it can't send alert and to turn on blinker.

gstl pda logs them off after like 5mins of not pushing a button and the alert doesnt go through if they arent logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back