Archived I just had back surgery... Every guest ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can top that:
> be at Service Desk
> guest: oh, hi, I've never tried the Order Pickup before, but I would like [some item somewhere in the store]
> me: oh, okay, do you have your ID or the e-mail for the order?
> g: no, I just told you I've never done it before. Can you just get the item for me?
> m: [being still in Can I help you find something? attitude, nice and shit] Oh, no, allow me to explain how OPU and Drive Up work, you place your order on the Target app, and within 2 hours, we'll have it ready for you to pick up or take it out to your car, depending on which method you selected! :D
> g: I have a back injury and I don't have two hours. Just get the item for me.
> m: Hmmm... I can't leave the desk unattended, but let me ask for some help. [Radio the GSA]
> g: Okay, thanks. [Goes to sit on motorized scooter to wait on GSA and presumably her item]
> GSA: What's up?
> m: (explain situation)
> GSA: Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Fine. [Returns with trivial item for guest]

Guest checks out at my GS register.
Walks out the door just fine.

YES DESK!

Last edited:
I had a cashier ask me to call for backup. We surprisingly had two tms at the service desk, so I asked what the item was because if it wasnā€™t too heavy I could do it. This woman in her late 20s, early 30s wanted me to push out her cart full of groceries because she was tired....... I did it anyway, but like what ??? Itā€™s one thing if they have a screaming child in their arms or are older and struggling. I would never be able to ask someone to do that for me, nor would I want someone to do that for me.

ā€œWe shall never deny a guest even the most ridiculous request.ā€

I had a grandmotherly type ask me to help her get some bulky items out to her car something I had no problem doing.
What did bug the shit out of me was her big teenage grandson who was playing on his phone the entire time and didn't do a damned thing.

I was working GS and an OPU guest comes up, fit yoga-mom type; scan the barcode, whatever.
I see the holding location and can tell it's a bulky item because of this location.
Forgot what exactly it was but it was a heavy but not "Team Lift" heavy, so I bring it out to ensure it's the right item for the guest before I close the order.
She looks at it and goes, "Yeah, I'm gonna need help putting that in a cart." She has no cart.
So I walk to the carts area and bring one, load the damn thing. Not really bothered by that, as I'm supposed to help.
"Great. My husband is in the store shopping." Not even a proper, "thank you, Starmaster."

Some great guy you married.

One time someone asked for a carry out and I literally didnā€™t even finish saying ā€œcart attendant do you copyā€ over the walkie before she was like ā€œIā€™m not gonna wait all fucking day.ā€
ā€œNo one said you have to. Just let me tell him what you need and heā€™ll be able to come. Cart attendant, can you help with a carry out at guest service?ā€
CA: ā€œyeah Iā€™ll be right there Iā€™m just walking from the other side of the store.ā€
Guest: ā€œthis is fucking ridiculous I canā€™t believe how long Iā€™ve had to wait.ā€ (It literally hasnā€™t even been a minute since she asked for a carry out lol)
Me: ā€œgood thing heā€™s on his way.ā€
Guest: ā€œthis wait is unacceptable.ā€ She then pushed her cart out herself angrily mumbling the whole time. She didnt even have anything heavy it was just a lot of groceries lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back