I'm Lost! I need help

Hey. I’m live in the east coast mainly in New York and my last training session is this Friday. I wanted to know what happens after your training? I’m part of General merchandise and they haven’t assigned me to a section yet. Also my TM number won’t work when i try to clock in and it was the right one

Your number may not be in the system yet. Fill out paper punch corrections till it works. Your trainer or tl will tell you what to do.
Welcome!

Thank you! My first day of training was mess cause my trainer didn’t even know she was supposed to be training me.

On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

Ask questions & listen well. Time is not your friend in GM. Hanging out here helps, too. Just search our threads for details like this.

Some GM members dont have a set area they work. Usually the ones who work a mid to close shift just work on things the morning team / DBO's didnt finish. At least at my store that is what happens.

Just reach out to the LOD when you get to work every day and they will tell you what area you will be working in.

I thought LOD term doesn’t exist now a days.
LOD is basically the leader who the whole tms report to on a day.

LODs don’t exist anymore. If you are a General Merch TM and don’t know what you should be doing you should ask your General Merch Team Lead. Ask who yours is if you are unsure. Otherwise you can ask the ETL-GM in your store. You should have a team lead and ETL for each area such as specialty sales, GM/Food, or Service and Engagement. There is no single one person that is the leader for the day anymore (LOD). Always ask the leads/leaders in your area

We are trying to get rid of it, word has been passed but people still use LOD in my store.

Some GM members dont have a set area they work. Usually the ones who work a mid to close shift just work on things the morning team / DBO's didnt finish. At least at my store that is what happens.

Just reach out to the LOD when you get to work every day and they will tell you what area you will be working in.
At my store our dbos work midshifts. No one comes in for home or domestics til noon at the earliest.

Back