Archived I told a guest over the phone wrong info about $50 gift card promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was a bad decision- I thought it through and tried to make a common sense decision- which we are encouraged to do- but I made a wrong decision- told wrong info- customer came in and demanded store make good on it. I felt very bad- said I would never do it again and offered to pay for $50 gift card-
I was told they dont do that and the managers were FURIOUS!!! This happened the other day- I have been there 2 months. I am trying to do a good job and avoid the managers. I cant make it right with them. Should I just wait for them to fire me? It is very hard to go in and keep a good attitude and work as hard as we have to when it seems like they will just fire me after Xmas rush. I can not talk to these people . They are so busy and they are so done with me.
I now how hard they work- I work really hard too.
You all have so supportive and inspiring. Pleas be HONEST - I dont need to be molly-coddled.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks to all of you for helping me through these last 2 months:)

Honestly it's only $50. If it was a trend, yes management should be upset. First time should be a coaching, just to confirm TM understands what happened and why. I would have instantly forgot about it until it happened again.

Honestly it's only $50. If it was a trend, yes management should be upset. First time should be a coaching, just to confirm TM understands what happened and why. I would have instantly forgot about it until it happened again.
its okay to be honest if they were going to fire you for it they would have already. just never do it again. if you're not sure just put the guest on hold and ask somebody on the walkie.

-Thank you both - I definitely learned my lesson, and I am excited to have a great Black Friday- my first one
I really enjoy being part of this team

I don't think you have anything to worry about . You seem like you truly care about your job and take pride in it. You made a mistake . as we all do from time to time.

Most of our cashiers, and ALL of our GSA/TL's have made judgment errors that cost the store well over $50.

I've also made intentional decisions that cost my store well over $50. I made my store eat a promotional $140 gift card due to the POS system tying my hands, I realized afterwards I could/should have done a different workaround, but by then I'd already called over the LOD and they'd told me to just eat it so they didn't think of the workaround either.

My scenario was: Guest bought an iPad, it came with a $140 gift card, they used the gift card to buy something else, which also came with a $140 gift card.

They wanted to return the iPad (still unopened), they wanted the full amount back. They had a $140 gift card, but the #'s on it didn't match the #'s on the receipt because it wasn't the same gift card, just another gift card with the same amount on it.

STL told me to just raise the refund value of the iPad manually so they got the right amount back and for us to keep the gift card, but we had no way to actually void/empty the gift card at that point.

I realized a few minutes later that I could have used the gift card to purchase something that was $140+, and then returned the item and overrode the reccomended return to get the $ back off of the card.

I had an LOD make a $50 gift card mistake today. I had to honor her mistake due to her inability to read what the mydevice was saying (buy two, not one). I was annoyed, but the LOD didn't think twice about it...and the guest got a heck of a deal. Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back