Archived I want to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

I've only worked here for about a month and a half and I can already tell I'm not happy/attractive/smart/outgoing enough to work here. The LODs look at me like I'm completely stupid. I hate putting milk out (I'm in market). There are things I like working about target, but for the most part I can't wait until my seasonal time is up. I honestly wish they'd just fire me now...which they might, because I put in a time off request for like five days after the 26th.

I have a ten hour shift today and next week we start staying open until midnight (why?? it's dead after 9:30). I'm tired and discouraged. :(

If it helps, I've never met a PA that wasn't miserable.

I'm a PA and can vouch for this. Doesn't help when your store management is pretty useless. Thankfully, I will be quitting in 2 or 3 months for grad school, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For the past few months my work ethic and effort I've been putting in has dropped dramatically. Now I spend a couple hours each shift just reading my Kindle in the Ambient/Dry Room and using the store wifi on my ipod.

I'm a PA and can vouch for this. Doesn't help when your store management is pretty useless. Thankfully, I will be quitting in 2 or 3 months for grad school, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For the past few months my work ethic and effort I've been putting in has dropped dramatically. Now I spend a couple hours each shift just reading my Kindle in the Ambient/Dry Room and using the store wifi on my ipod.
That so sad, my ctl should have a chat with you, any day now.

I can see both sides of it. Yes, retail isn't for everyone. It's rough, fast paced, etc. Personally, I love the fast pace of it, due to if I slow down too much my depression creeps up on me and that's not pleasant. And poor management can make it bad for anyone, regardless. However, a negative attitude in the workplace is poisonous. If you think negatively, of course you'll hate your job. Maybe show some interest in cross training. You may come to find out you like some other area of the store better and feel better knowing more. I'm crossed trained in quite a few areas of the store, and it's a great feeling knowing I can give help when they ask. The way I see it is you have two choices. 1. Have a better attitude. You're more loved and appreciated than you may think. 2. Go two weeks and looks for something else, and admit that retail isn't for you.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I felt too stupid and too slow for this shit until yesterday and I've been here for a year, three months, and 15 days. But if you already hate it enough that you're wishing to be fired, quit or don't stay after the season ends.

[video=youtube;g2_Yi-1Ryf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_Yi-1Ryf4[/video]

To be honest though, I don't really care for my job either, but it pays the bills (I like my co-workers and some of the customers, but that's about it).

It's called a J-O-B not a F-U-N.

It's true, working at target isn't for everyone.

[mod] The rest of this post was insulting to just about everybody on this board for no real reason except to be a troll. This is your last and only warning.[/Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Target is employment for people which are not fit for the real world and I thank target for taking in these people so they stay out of societies way.

It's one thing to hate on Target, but when you start insulting us, you've crossed the line. If you have nothing of value to contribute here, then kindly leave us and be a troll somewhere else.

Redeye58, we may need some degreaser here.

It's true, working at target isn't for everyone.

Target is employment for people which are not fit for the real world and I thank target for taking in these people so they stay out of societies way.

sometimes, any retail job may be only option for employment in your area. besides, it does pay some bills, too.

Oh thanks for the vote of confidence*Sarcasm*! I do fit in the real world thanks and it's a job that pays the bills.

With that kind of attitude I would not be surprised if you're now a former TM...but please don't insult me or all the other helpful and awesome people on here including all the other TM's who aren't on here.

I guess there's a reason why your reputation is red.

Last edited:
My store alone dispels every one of your myths.
I'm sure plenty of others also measure up.
Sign of a loser: someone who keeps returning in pathetic attempts to bolster their argument that they fared better after leaving when they simply couldn't hack it.
BTW Einstein, it's "society's way".

Considering the type of employees who are employed with target, it's hilarious that you all take it to heart thinking it's directed to every single employee.

11. Not a place for anyone with self-confidence

It's hard to judge yourselves accurately when there's never been any other experiences to compare it to.

You have all ragged on target way harder than I ever could.

Sorry for my mini rant... :x it's just upsetting to have everyone treating me like an idiot all day at work. I actually had a really good shift yesterday, though, if anyone cares. It passed really fast and I did probably the best zone the freezers at my store have ever seen (no one bothers to zone the freezers or the candy aisle except me apparently). Everyone was really nice, too, including guests. I'm almost looking forward to my next shift. :3

it's just upsetting to have everyone treating me like an idiot all day at work.
That's pretty much a normal day at my Starbux counter.
The fact that yesterday's shift was better may be a tipping point for you.
And on the not-so-good days, that's what this space is for (even for those who crawl out from under their rock).

Considering the type of employees who are employed with target, it's hilarious that you all take it to heart thinking it's directed to every single employee.

11. Not a place for anyone with self-confidence

It's hard to judge yourselves accurately when there's never been any other experiences to compare it to.

You have all ragged on target way harder than I ever could.

You use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. Literally, you have four individual sentences with no relation to one another, and none are made in response to anything specific. It's like you're pissing in the dark. I would question your level of intellect, but seeing as that would be me feeding a troll, I can only recommend you purchase an English for Dummies book and get on with your life.

You all are reinforcing my point of the typical target employee.

12. Not for people who partake in the art of literacy

Maybe this will help the comprehension;

Target Mission Statement: “As centuries of dictators have known, an illiterate crowd is the easiest to rule; since the craft of reading cannot be untaught once it has been acquired, the second-best recourse is to limit its scope.”

But I shall not take it as personally as the rest for; “To put an arrogant 'famous' writer in his place: pretend to be illiterate.”

I fear this is still too complex. I'll try Crayola next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back