Archived If you think Target's AP is going to shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're confusing ethic with effort. I agree the wage impacts the effort, but you can counter that if the leadership is strong.

And 17 internals in a year is insane. That speaks more to poor hiring practice than anything else. Thats out of your control.

17 isn't that insane, even if they were all AP cash/merch cases. If you think that in a store of 150-200 TMs or more there aren't at least 10% of people stealing when 30% of the public has a criminal record and about 9% have felonies, then I don't know what to tell you.

I do think a positive store and company culture leads to less theft, but there's always going to be some, so having 15+ internals a year in a place that employs mostly lower income people isn't a surprise.

Is the 17 including HR Policy or just Merch and POS/Cash cases? If it includes HR, it's high but not insane; if HR isn't included then yeah, that's huge.
My first ETL was promoted to Investigator after closing out 22 cases in her first year, but that included 12 HR policy violations for gift cards and the like. Although one of the non-HR cases led to a felony conviction for Embezzlement by a GSTL.
Oh, and she proved a merch case against the store's first ETL-HR.

Is the 17 including HR Policy or just Merch and POS/Cash cases? If it includes HR, it's high but not insane; if HR isn't included then yeah, that's huge.
My first ETL was promoted to Investigator after closing out 22 cases in her first year, but that included 12 HR policy violations for gift cards and the like. Although one of the non-HR cases led to a felony conviction for Embezzlement by a GSTL.
Oh, and she proved a merch case against the store's first ETL-HR.

Yeah, I think our number one is purchasing guidelines but I don't know if you guys would consider that internal.

Yeah, I think our number one is purchasing guidelines but I don't know if you guys would consider that internal.
That's included in HR policy, but unless it's a huge item or very hot item it was usually just a CA.
*as far as I know. I'm not 100% sure on internal investigations.

17 isn't that insane, even if they were all AP cash/merch cases. If you think that in a store of 150-200 TMs or more there aren't at least 10% of people stealing when 30% of the public has a criminal record and about 9% have felonies, then I don't know what to tell you.

I do think a positive store and company culture leads to less theft, but there's always going to be some, so having 15+ internals a year in a place that employs mostly lower income people isn't a surprise.

If you have 17 cases of internal theft per year, like actual theft - then your hiring practices are poor.

First - you hired 17 people of questionable moral judgement, you should be able to read and weed these people.
Second - not only did you hire 17 thieves, you hired 17 thieves stupid enough to get caught.

I'm unsure which is worse.

HR is definitely included in that.
But still had a lot of merch. My ETL had three merch internals in a month once, one of which I spotted myself.

Basically anything that's investigated by AP. Usually it's when team members pocket gift cards meant for guests.
Ahh one time i found a $25.00 gc i was kind of shocked. Handed it to TPS.

Another time, when target has promos for target mobile someone did a return (well, they always have promos what am i talking about) they had a guy return an iPhone and i asked for the gift card back also he was like kind of "oh...". He spent part of the gift card so i made him pay for some merch so the store would get the full $250 back (paid for "merch".. aka nothing lmao)

The APS was so confused when i told him here's $250 back

My store had more than 17 merch/cash internals last year. Six of them were seasonal flow working together so that's a contributing factor. I would say for most stores that many internals would be crazy but it's not unheard of. Especially when you consider some stores in the company have shortage over $2million.

As for HR policy that basically covers stuff that doesn't result in an actual loss to Target, but instead to a third party (usually the guest with promo gift cards).

That's correct, I believe there is a strong correlation between work ethic and wage, and your naive if you don't think so. Pay people like you don't give a shit about them, and the majority of them won't give a shit about the business. Exceptions are all over the place, but as a general rule, you get what you pay for. One of my good friends is a manager at Costco and the past year, they had zero internals. We had 17.

When your paying your cashiers $17 an hour, as Costco does, people try a little harder to keep their jobs.
Agree 100 percent. I used to care but now that i have too keep two jobs to get by , but now i don't give two fucks; neither do 75% of my coworkers.

I use to think "what is the point of AP if you cant stop a thief and prevent them from taking the stuff?" but now I realize that stuff and be replaced... people CANT. let them take the shit and they will be caught someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back