Archived Im Toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was closing gsa. Today I get a call the keys are missing. I swear I locked them up-like I do every shift. I gave them my timeline after 239 but I'm afraid I'm going to get fired. I'm so paranoid abt those keys so I cant see me just laying them down anywhere.

Last night I was closing gsa. Today I get a call the keys are missing. I swear I locked them up-like I do every shift. I gave them my timeline after 239 but I'm afraid I'm going to get fired. I'm so paranoid abt those keys so I cant see me just laying them down anywhere.
Have AP look at the cameras

Just keep your cool. If you know you didn't lose them, you'll be okay. I'm not saying you can't be anxious about the situation but just stay calm.

I'd say worse case scenario- automatic final warning for both you and the closing LOD. Then they replace the store keys.

I'd have AP look to see if you misplaced them.

Take a picture every night so you have proof that you locked them up.

What @Frontlanegirl said. At my old store, some Electronics keys went missing and I was called three times on my day off. I'd told my closing LOD (this was pre-modernization) they were never given to me the night before. Finally, AP looked at the cameras and the keys had been stuck in a drawer at the boat by the TM. I didn't get in trouble, just told to follow up with everyone who was supposed to hand me keys at the end of the night.

At my new store, they're all given to the Closing Lead. A-OK with me.

Last edited:
In the military important keys were attached to something yuge, that couldn't easily be lost. Usually something along the lines of a 10 or 15-inch square piece of aluminum or a big block of wood.

Sometimes it would be a BIG chain, like 3' long. Ha... good times.

My ETL once left his LOD keys in the baler and called me in a panic after he left asking me to pick them up and guard them with my LIFE. He nearly cried when I handed them back to him.

I had the lod keys & said, are these your keys? They are safe with me. When I find the ap walkie, I give it to the lod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back