Archived In side 90 days and I boned up....help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely more than "just water vapor" like vapers claim. I have reactive airway disease (sort of like asthma) and being around people who are vaping sets it off. It's not as bad as cigarette smoke, but it still sucks enough that I go out of my way to avoid it.

It isn't illegal in all states. In my state it is a municipality by municipality thing. And in my city, there's no law against it. I hated when guests (usually younger ones) would come in doing it. And they always did it with an attitude of "you can't do anything about it" which made it even worse. The LODs at the time said they couldn't do anything about it unless they were harassing other guests and blowing it in their face.

Couldn't do anything about it? It's their store, not the guests.

They said that if there isn't a law governing vaping for the area, then they are directed to let it go when it comes to guests.

We had this issue at Wally World when vaping first came out. Customers came in with a smirk across there face thinking we can't do anything. There was no law written for it yet, but Wally World decided not to allow it in thier stores. Companies can do this because of it being private property.

Customers had to put it away or get the boot.

We had this issue at Wally World when vaping first came out. Customers came in with a smirk across there face thinking we can't do anything. There was no law written for it yet, but Wally World decided not to allow it in thier stores. Companies can do this because of it being private property.

Customers had to put it away or get the boot.
Unfortunately Target doesn't have the balls to do this.

People will occasionally smoke marijuana vaporisers in our stores. It's annoying and smells truly awful. If you're not the smoker or not used to it, it can really mess with you.

By choosing to vape in the store, you're more or less showing a disrespect for the rules, your coworkers, and your job in general. That's not exactly something you simply accidentally do, so your judgement of personal actions is really going to be analysed on this one.

It isn't illegal in all states. In my state it is a municipality by municipality thing. And in my city, there's no law against it. I hated when guests (usually younger ones) would come in doing it. And they always did it with an attitude of "you can't do anything about it" which made it even worse. The LODs at the time said they couldn't do anything about it unless they were harassing other guests and blowing it in their face.

No balls in other words

Why would anyone think that's ok in the first place? o_O

We had just recently found out an employee was vaping in the break room. The LOD at the time found out and notified out STL. Though it is not currently illegal in our county, something tells me Spot will put a swift kick in his rear.

Smoking indoors is a no no, period. We have a lot of people who vape in our store and are treated as smokers. All that business is taken to the smokers spot outside of the store. Hope you get lucky and still have a job.

Vaping is responsible for making the entire Las Vegas Strip smell like fucking Yankee Candle.

There are also some asthmatics that have a reaction to vape smoke. Not entirely sure if it's the contents or just the vapor itself, but I definitely notice that my chest tightens up if I'm exposed to too much vape. Which is unfortunate, since it seems like at least 30% of the students on campus vape. Maybe it's just an allergic reaction and completely unrelated to my asthma.
I think it could definitely be related to asthma. I have asthma also and a lot of odors will trigger an asthma attack for me. Just the mere odor of cigarette smoke on people bothers mine, as well as many other odors and fragrances.

When I still worked at spot, we had a couple of 'vapers who like to 'mix it up' on the flavors.
One combined fruit & flowers in hers & walking to the TM entrance was like going thru an Airwick.

Before I worked at Target, I worked a brief stint at Wendy's. This one guy that worked the fryer was always vaping inside...by the food. I was always in awe of how he was able to get away with that.

Before I worked at Target, I worked a brief stint at Wendy's. This one guy that worked the fryer was always vaping inside...by the food. I was always in awe of how he was able to get away with that.

When I first started working in the restaurant industry I worked with a chef who smoked while he worked.
He would have a length of ash hanging off the cig all the time and a swear it always seemed like it was going to fall in the food but I never saw it happen.
This was before the days of people being really uptight about that stuff but even then I thought it was a bit much.
But you didn't say anything to the chef.

When I still worked at spot, we had a couple of 'vapers who like to 'mix it up' on the flavors.
One combined fruit & flowers in hers & walking to the TM entrance was like going thru an Airwick.
Lmao.

That's silly. Even before smoking was banned in restaurants and bars here a bar could still have a no smoking rule.

On one hand he of course came here for support and help, on the other hand we're not about to lie to him and tell him it's all okay.

Very true. Been there lol! OP needs to know how it is and what the possibilities are, but we need not be negative or condescending. When I was going through my whole ordeal, this place was my support network and I'm eternally grateful for it.

Wishing the OP the best. Hopefully he gets through it, keeps his job, and most importantly, learns from it all.

Keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back