Archived In the news: AP has no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
need-a-good-lawyer.jpg

I don't know Wal-Mart's directives but generally stores want putting your hands on folks to be a last resort. He was a bit aggressive but the surveillance video doesn't show you what the guy was doing before Ramon grabbed him.

I don't know Walmart's specific directives for AP, but... obviously the guy crossed a line either with his boss/sales floor manager, or with his directives/AP policy.

But I don't see that as indicative that AP/LP as a whole, industry-wide, "has no power."

I don't know Walmart's specific directives for AP, but... obviously the guy crossed a line either with his boss/sales floor manager, or with his directives/AP policy.

But I don't see that as indicative that AP/LP as a whole, industry-wide, "has no power."
Apparently doesn't have power, unless you're a private business who doesn't care about getting sued

You what target does if I decide to take a 60 inch TV right out the door?

Nothing. They'll ask me if I need help with anything as I my friend has pickup right out front with no tags on it while I walk right out the fucking door

Well, the guy never identified himself to the subject for one. When he does, it looked like he just held his hand out and shoved the dude back, what was that supposed to accomplish? Guy had a hammer trying to pry open a cash register, but he didn't even get it open. If he had a hammer, who knows what else he had? He was on the phone with 911, why not just refer it to law enforcement?

"Ramon could have prevented the incident if he had not approached the suspect with an aggressive manner, tone and identified himself properly," according to the termination letter.

"But Ramon points out Walmart's policy also states, "Authorized associates may use reasonable force to physically limit or control the movements of a suspect," which is what Ramon feels he did in bear hugging Izalbe until police arrived and arrested him."

But why would he want to? The guy hadn't stolen anything, could've had a weapon, and was only hostile when improperly approached by LP. I don't know what Wal-Mart's directives are, but I'm guessing they don't allow for LP to tackle potentially dangerous subjects that haven't stolen anything. This guy's an idiot.

You what target does if I decide to take a 60 inch TV right out the door?

Nothing. They'll ask me if I need help with anything as I my friend has pickup right out front with no tags on it while I walk right out the fucking door

lol

My AP team just apprehended someone tonight for trying to push a TV out the door, so... I guess go ahead and try it, if you want.

Target is still hands on. See how it works out for you. *shrug*

lol

My AP team just apprehended someone tonight for trying to push a TV out the door, so... I guess go ahead and try it, if you want.

Target is still hands on. See how it works out for you. *shrug*
You probably still have the few aps or aptl

Normal AP can't apprehend

There's quite a few TPS around that can still apprehend.

Not anymore

HRs were supposed to have a conversation with senior tps that they cannot initiate apprehensions anymore since they got rid of the senior tps position, they have the same restrictions as an entry level tps..

20171017_090013.jpg

Last edited:
Not anymore

HRs were supposed to have a conversation with senior tps that they cannot initiate apprehensions anymore since they got rid of the senior tps position, they have the same restrictions as an entry level tps..

View attachment 4254
Odd. That wasn't communicated in my district at all.

We had a hothead let go because of that.

A couple, now when I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back