Archived Increase SL Vibe scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any tips on how you increased your softlines vibe scores. We are always red and have tried most everything... Comments aren't giving us much to go on. Thanks!!

Softlines is tough across the company, so don't be alarmed. It took a while to improve our scores. Honestly, our score still isn't where my ETL wants it, but we're in the top 10 in the group and I'm proud of that. In MyPerformance, use the top menu to drill down to get specifics for softlines. You can select Adult Apparel or Baby Apparel and it will allow you to see which score are lowering your overall. Use that information to address problem areas. It'll tell you if guests aren't getting serviced, think the zone needs improvement, or are unsure of prices. Also look for patterns of scheduling because you can break down the score by time of day. Maybe your score is lower at night and you only have 1 closer. Problem solve with your leadership based on what you find.

in my opinion these surveys are deeply flawed. I dont understand why the rely so heavily on the opinions of a few pissed off guests. You should look into how many surveys have actually been completed for that week. It is usually a low number. Encourage your team members to inform the guests about the survey and value their feedback. Also, hold them accountable on guest service. The same issue i always come across in softlines are either 1) the team members are too focused on tasks or 2) they are too focused on gossip/small talk instead of "vibing".

I know this isn't going to help but it's a me venting thing. Maybe I can offer some help. So my areas are E&E, Toys, Home Impr., sporting, auto, Seasonal ok. So I'm doing this by memory but this is what my GE scores look likes everything is 100% all except "I can't find what I'm looking for" that one is around 40-50% and displays are at 80%. This is the first time in forever where even price labels are 100%. I look at my store's comments. What do I see? TM blocking aisles, too many carts in one aisle, TM not helping guest, ....... I could strangle every single person on flow, I would save their TL for last so she can witness her team's demise. Muahaha!! <insert evil here>

Start doing very in depth WTV statuses with your TM. I go over with my team , the scores. I will even interpret the scores in a way that seems as if a guest is talking. For example. "So our guest think that we are very friendly, are knowledgeable and will check them out as fast as we can, but they cant get the most out of our displays, can't find what they need and team members are not available."
See what I did there? Three Wins and Three Opportunities. Three Recognitions and three fires that need to be put out. Collaborate with your team and come up with ways to put out your fires. Every week is an opportunity to see where you need improvement.

You may need to juggle your scheduling, routine, people, approach, attitudes, dynamics, etc. but its all simple fixes that require big steps and big team work.

In case anyone wants to know how I knew it was flow, when I checked my time of day and day of week, all the comments that were positve for any of my TM had a name and time via a survey served by a cashier. Those that were negative, were in groups of no name TM with no specific area other than where the survey was taken, in the morning all before 12pm on our truck days... On a positive note... Official PR is that we are working on making the push all process as seamless as possible. I personally wish we could bring them in the evenings instead of am. Completely flip it. Then again, that's just crazy.... maybe we need crazy...

In case anyone wants to know how I knew it was flow, when I checked my time of day and day of week, all the comments that were positve for any of my TM had a name and time via a survey served by a cashier. Those that were negative, were in groups of no name TM with no specific area other than where the survey was taken, in the morning all before 12pm on our truck days... On a positive note... Official PR is that we are working on making the push all process as seamless as possible. I personally wish we could bring them in the evenings instead of am. Completely flip it. Then again, that's just crazy.... maybe we need crazy...

No that makes sense. You can always tell what flow, plano, zone/reshop TM's are responsible for. The problem is getting the leadership to come together on a successful plan for improvement. In my joint we focus too much on the negative and "I'm not doing it, and not me" then it becomes a game of pass the buck. We don't sell products and we don't make sales, and we complain about no hours because there's no payroll. Really ? My name isn't above that bullseye so I might want to at least sell the stuff inside the building. Talk to your team, look at your top performers, look with your own eyes. Don't ever go by word of mouth. That is the worst thing ever. Accountability goes really far.

Actually when I worked grocery the stalkers, their version of flow, worked in the evening.
Personally, I think stalkers is a much better term.

Of course the store closed at midnight so it was the perfect time but I think it might work well for the ULV stores.

I know the vibe scores are down for my store in softlines as well. My stores issue is that we never and I mean never have anyone working in the fitting room and haven't for some time...guests are somewhat confused...do they just go ahead and help themselves or wait for someone to tell them its ok to try things on etc...and byt not having someone by there it always looks so messy with people throwing things on the counter they try on and don't want. I know we get dinged for that...sometimes.

I know this isn't going to help but it's a me venting thing. Maybe I can offer some help. So my areas are E&E, Toys, Home Impr., sporting, auto, Seasonal ok. So I'm doing this by memory but this is what my GE scores look likes everything is 100% all except "I can't find what I'm looking for" that one is around 40-50% and displays are at 80%. This is the first time in forever where even price labels are 100%. I look at my store's comments. What do I see? TM blocking aisles, too many carts in one aisle, TM not helping guest, ....... I could strangle every single person on flow, I would save their TL for last so she can witness her team's demise. Muahaha!! <insert evil here>

Start doing very in depth WTV statuses with your TM. I go over with my team , the scores. I will even interpret the scores in a way that seems as if a guest is talking. For example. "So our guest think that we are very friendly, are knowledgeable and will check them out as fast as we can, but they cant get the most out of our displays, can't find what they need and team members are not available."
See what I did there? Three Wins and Three Opportunities. Three Recognitions and three fires that need to be put out. Collaborate with your team and come up with ways to put out your fires. Every week is an opportunity to see where you need improvement.

You may need to juggle your scheduling, routine, people, approach, attitudes, dynamics, etc. but its all simple fixes that require big steps and big team work.
We have been told at my store that when our flow team is there the survey scores are better etc. I don't see how because we are on a 730 am process and in certain areas of the store you cant ahrdly walk let alone push a shopping cart to shop...I think that spot needs to rethink the 730 process but they are all about saving themselves money

In my store the fitting room maybe and not everyday, would have 1 person there at 10 am. Since my time 3 people are there. Fitting room and zoning have greatly improved. I guess only a computer could figure out there was a problem. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back