Archived Instocks TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weeks we've had 150-200 rainchecks, other weeks we get like 50. It really depends. Since we so low volume and since our other instocks TM does virtually nothing, a single issue can upset the entire week.

The reason it works well for us is because our entire flow/backroom process is broken, so even if I come in at 7 and flow/BR shows up at 4, very frequently there is still tons of backstock and multiple autos littered throughout the store. Since I'm not forced to scan according to the research schedule, I can actually still scan stuff on days like day when there are three entire pallets of softlines backstock. Also, days when I stay late (I worked an 11-hour day recently), I can scan a lot more than just what's in the tasklist. One day, I managed to scan the entire store by myself!

As far as our shelves being well-stocked... our research with loc % would probably be like 30% if I didn't constantly monitor DTK and adjust my scans accordingly. Our replenishment system is jacked up badly.

Got a feeling the IS process will be revamped for 2012 as they did test for different types of scanning at different times. There really havent been a major update since the rollout of 2009 with pathing and moving all the process off the RF screen. Id look forward to an update to the raincheck setup as it probably will finally move off the RF apps. My store is planning to move up an ORG chart in 2012 so im praying I go back as ISTL instead of LOG TL running both teams.

What other tests were there? I'm only aware of the research-only test. It'd be nice if there was a button to go to the raincheck app every time it asks for a raincheck, instead of having to toggle and all that nonsense.

What's an ORG chart?

THere is another way to do rainchecks & research, without stressing you out. Pm me for details. It highly suggested to this cheat on outs unless there are multi rainchecks in a 4 ft section. Partner with tl's to help your team on rainchecks. Also, ask gstl, to let you know when a 9801 is done on the register. Another opp there too.

Hardlinesmaster,
I tried sending you a PM to get the same info but your inbox is full and you can't get anymore until you deleted some of your messages. So I'm asking you out here in the forum instead through a PM. Can you send me the info as well? I'd appreciate it. Thank you :thank_you2:

What other tests were there? I'm only aware of the research-only test. It'd be nice if there was a button to go to the raincheck app every time it asks for a raincheck, instead of having to toggle and all that nonsense.

What's an ORG chart?

By popular request:
It's easy. Just do stand alone research in the color screen after you get first rc hit in a 4 foot section. Scan one dpci, to ck on the last scan dates. alo, you can ck on your teams for scans of that area. I was in men's with sl tl helping her with rc's. No recent scans of any type where done in 2 different areas. We had ck instocks screen first in both areas on few dpci's. then, did stand alone research, then rc's & subs, printed/scanned in the signs for both sub & rc dpci's for credit on instocks report. 15 rainchecks later done! All in softlines!
Under my work option: item search
For instocks screen: go to item search, scan dpci, hit book button on upper right side, then instocks button.
All apps screen to stand alone research
Hit zero if none found. Always check zone or for other locations first before you hit zero.
My work to rf apps(black & white)
Main menu to specialized or number 8, then 1 for rc's, scan dpci, then write dpci/with date on rc pad, put up pad, do sub signs(same dept/type), scan in signs, there you go.

here is the answer. cat, i did clean up my box.

Last edited:
see above, except when you are doing a task list or outs.

What's an ORG chart?

You should be able to look it up under Workbench -> Store Reports -> Store Fact Sheet for your store size.

Last edited:
How does checking the instocks screen under item search help with putting up rainchecks?
item search part is used by tl"s to check on any action occurred on scanning of the dpci. checking on research, pulling, outs, & ptm's.

the stand alone research is the part you want to use.

I feel like I'm missing something. So... you scan the item in standalone research, punch in zero (as long as that's correct), then toggle to RF apps to set up the RC pad, right? How else do people set up RC pads?

if your job is instocks, read the beginning of thread & our guides. if you are salesfloor & doing a bunch of rainchecks in a 4 foot section, use the option above. in cetain areas, like softlines, an quick check is needed for action to happen for restock the shelfs with products in the area. instocks team in my store avoid softlines, for unknown reasons om rainchecks & research. plus, it tells how fast your brand tm is working.
guides for instocks:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/102-Instocks

I'm very familiar with instocks processes. The way you posted to do RC pads sounds like it's exactly how everyone in my store already does them, so I was asking if I was reading it correctly. That's all.

I'm very familiar with instocks processes. The way you posted to do RC pads sounds like it's exactly how everyone in my store already does them, so I was asking if I was reading it correctly. That's all.
its a team effort to help your store score for rainchecks & subs, even if you are not instocks. be proactive, make sales, & offer choices to the guests. here is a raincheck, etc...

It is exactly how everyone else does it. I have no idea why Hardlinesmaster thinks this a cheat, or makes the raincheck process anyway easier. I've been through this before with him, he'll keep trying to explain about using item search when doing rainchecks, when there's no need to, just making you more confused.

To clarify:
Using item search is for reviewing the scans on that dpci. I was using it for audit purposes in sl. The sl tl didn't know how to check dpci's scans with that option. You are not required to use item search, to do a raincheck.
again, not everyone knows how to do rainchecks or research on the salesfloor.

That makes a lot more sense, now that you've clarified. Your original post seemed rather brief and wasn't explained well.

I still don't really understand.. the thread is for Instock TMs... Of course if you have an area that needs rainchecks you'd just switch to stand alone research instead of doing it in outs and then toggling and toggling again... If I don't think the push integrity is there we just do a smart huddle to zone it. If that's not possible I just don't change the number under research.

Also, softlines in stocks is fine, but a large portion of it is exempt from rainchecks and substitutions.

Also, softlines in stocks is fine, but a large portion of it is exempt from rainchecks and substitutions.

What parts are exempt? I'd assume that anything hanging is exempt, however I'm about 80% self-taught, and my training guides didn't say anything was exempt.

Also, what's a smart huddle? I've seen it mentioned here before but I've never even heard of it.

What parts are exempt? I'd assume that anything hanging is exempt, however I'm about 80% self-taught, and my training guides didn't say anything was exempt.

Also, what's a smart huddle? I've seen it mentioned here before but I've never even heard of it.

Can't help with the first part but a smart huddle is when right after the huddle they dragoon the entire store into one project or another, usually pushing seasonal or pfresh.
I've tried to talk them into doing one for cleaning the fixture room but that's never been a priority.

All folded planograms are exempt (merchandising brand team member's role to shoot). Anything in lingerie or accessories or shoes(I need to double check on shoes, but pretty sure). There is a list of exemptions on workbench under Sales Floor -> InStocks -> Raincheck something or other

A smart huddle is just like what commiecorvus said, but in addition we only allow the team members (everyone on the sales floor and even the GSTL if they're attending) to stay 10-20 minutes depending on whatever it is. Recently it's been pushing seasonal, setting SPLs in C and D and superzoning.

Anyone experience TM's shooting research and just leaving them in the gun? Every morning we log on and find batches that weren't from our team. I don't think others understand the timing process. It's still under a hour I believe to have them all pulled.

Yeah, our ETL-SL and a Softlines TM shoots research batches all the time, and they never say anything to the backroom or me, about pulling them. I think they just expect me to pull and push them with the rest of my research batches.

Anyone experience TM's shooting research and just leaving them in the gun? Every morning we log on and find batches that weren't from our team. I don't think others understand the timing process. It's still under a hour I believe to have them all pulled.

Our backroom is required to pull all outs and research batches as long as they drop before 1130 or 12.

All folded planograms are exempt (merchandising brand team member's role to shoot). Anything in lingerie or accessories or shoes(I need to double check on shoes, but pretty sure)..

What if we don't have a merchandising brand team member? Our store is tiny, and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person outside of TLs who knows how to shoot research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back