Archived Is AAR becoming a total pain for every store now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new report has turned our ETLs into attachment Nazi's. I get how important accessories are, and I'm consistently green so there's nothing to worry about there, but they have efficiently and quickly turned working electronics into a high pressure/high stress situation in just the span of a couple of weeks. Are any other stores having similar experiences?

When I was in Electronics about 2 years ago we were always green and we had to get 56%. Now when I walk by the boat they say they have to get 65% Also I dont know if this is everywhere but they have to write down everything that qualifies for a esp or attachment that they sale,and write down why the guest didnt want a attachment with that item. I think that is going a little too far. I dont know how many times people say they dont need it and then the next day they are back to grab a couple hdmi cables for the tv they just bought they day before.

and write down why the guest didnt want a attachment with that item. I think that is going a little too far. I dont know how many times people say they dont need it and then the next day they are back to grab a couple hdmi cables for the tv they just bought they day before.

It might help to account for those sales of free gift card items. Because the guest ALWAYS wants to use the gift card to buy accessories in a separate transaction.

The giftcard issue is a huge problem for attachments. I really don't mind pushing them but having the company work directly against me while they're making me do it is infuriating.
Yea I remember those Ipods with the $50 or $15 gift cards. They would grab the case and extra headphones it went like this.

(TM scans ipod, case,and headphones)
TM:OK Sir your total is $xxx

Guest: Ok and can I use the gift card for this purchase?

TM: No it is not activated until this transaction is complete

Guest: Well take off the case and headphones,I will use this gift card to pay for those.

TM: OK no problem

Same scenario happens 4 or five time a day. Then the electronics TL ask how many ipods you sold at the end of your shifts and how many attachments you got, when you tell him he looks at you like you crazy when you tell him you didnt get any for those transactions. As if they dont know how it is when they have the gift card promotions. Good times.

Attachments are definitely down from the holidays... Was 100% or higher at all times during holidays, now scraping 60-90%.

We hit all time low 56% but have been back green after that. We are consistently green w/ clearance being my last minute go to. I love the new report that shows progress by team member it will show who has been wrong on the sheet. I will say the not so honest TM that doesn't want a no attachment item them can just send it up front so cashier takes fall

65% goal? Ours is like 70-75% I think...and we are scraping at 55-60% and are red...It's hard to push attach lately and guests don't even do the SP for the little stuff anymore we actually got a good amount on the logs today but yeah...This new report continues to scare me.

New Report + Performance CA (Tardiness) =green Kryptonite

But the performance CA I'm working on...I've been doing great these past few weeks but I recently slipped well there's many reasons why it did and that weekend wasn't really the best for me and that put me into the spotlight but hey the best part about falling down is showing people you accept failure and standing back up to be better then you ever were before.

For me anyways I feel like my speedy thinking and efficiency and accuracy and loving to move would be put to better use in the Backroom :)

Last edited:
Something told me this was going to be misused when I first saw mention of it.
Metrics for metrics sake are the destruction of a sane society.

Strangely, AAR is a bigger deal than Red Cards at my store. Every huddle they mention it and when they have a cashier huddle, they're taking 10 minutes to teach the cashiers about Service Plans.

So can anyone elaborate on the attachments? I'm a cashier and want someone to explain it in simple terms so a guest will more likely want one.

So can anyone elaborate on the attachments? I'm a cashier and want someone to explain it in simple terms so a guest will more likely want one.

Well cashier its kinda pointless since you're away from the department where you can push them to buy it at the regiater but...you can do SP's and just tell them about certain things that they might want attachment wise

Tbh Attachments > RedCards

True story.

Basically, an attachment is like you trying to sell something to someone who's buying something.

If a guest is buying a TV, then possible attachments would be like an HDMI cable. If they're buying a video game console, possible attachments could be a video game, or an extra controller.

If they're buying a tub of ice cream, possible attachments could be chocolate syrup, or extra bowls.

Yeah so you can get attachments on pretty much anything. "Getting attachments on ice cream" that idea sounds insane enough it should be able to get me a TL position.

Anyone else noticed that HDMI cables don't count as attachments for Blu Ray players? That seems to backwards to me.

Yeah kinda sad :( 1-2 ads ago there was a great offer on a blu ray player and it was actually selling out. It was easy to sell the HMDI with it...I remember selling 3-4 of them with cables and they didn't show up...

How is something so fail and doesn't work half the time allowed to be used for performancing TM's out?...

This new report has turned our ETLs into attachment Nazi's. I get how important accessories are, and I'm consistently green so there's nothing to worry about there, but they have efficiently and quickly turned working electronics into a high pressure/high stress situation in just the span of a couple of weeks. Are any other stores having similar experiences?

I have been with Target 20 years and I am seriously considering quitting because of the AAR pressure from above. It's not worth ruining your health over.

Our store never has a problem with AAR. Our cashiers push service plans enough that we get one or two each day up front and the electronics team is rock solid and has been green as long as I can remember. I honestly can't remember the last time they were red.

MyPerformance is not calculating AAR correctly. Had a day last week when it was 0%, yet if you looked into individual TM performance, there were service plans sold for small appliances, as well as attachments in electronics. MySupport is still working on the issue over a week later.

Small appliance service plans don't count towards AAR, we've been told. Only service plans that count are the ones on the core items in electronics. They count towards profitable sales, so corporate wants us to push them, but they don't count in that AAR total.

Just wanted to bring to attention the "Hot Issues" on MySupport this week. It basically says "We know the report is a trainwreck, don't send anything else up." It seems to have just gotten worse though, we had a whole day where nothing at all was calculated, and two days ago it missed a 3 attachment transaction of mine. Ugh.

Yet every leaders review likely was reflected on numbers off this trainwreck.

I didn't realize the issues with the reporting, really.

I saw that in the Individual AAR detail report and the main metric in the Guest Experience Score section the AAR percentage has been different lately. Is this issue something that needs to be mysupported by individual stores (or is Corp looking into all of it?)

I didn't realize the issues with the reporting, really.

I saw that in the Individual AAR detail report and the main metric in the Guest Experience Score section the AAR percentage has been different lately. Is this issue something that needs to be mysupported by individual stores (or is Corp looking into all of it?)

The reason you have two different numbers is because Mobile Solutions attachments do not show up in the team member report. The stores overall AAR does include Mobile Solutions so this number will be different to the TM report. Either higher or lower depending on the amount of attachment that MS are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back