I'm Lost! Is talking to ETL HR a good idea for department change?

So, I got through my 90 days, I've spoken to my Store Director, who told me to see my Lead in Guest Advocate and the Specialty Sales Lead. I spoke to both, and they're okay with the change. The SS Lead told me she just needs approval from the SD and GA Lead, who, as I mentioned, are okay with it as well as training hours. I recently learned the ETL HR makes the schedules, which means they'd give the training hours out. Should I speak to the ETL HR about the change too now that I know both are okay with it as well as us getting new Guest Advocates from Seasonal?

Any half way professional organization needs open lines of communication. So, absolutely have a nice conversation with the HR ETL. Captains orders.

Yes, in person. They won't bite you!
Well, what I meant was if I could call them on the phone too, but it is better work ethic if I do it in person. I also remembered I need to request a few days off and never learned how to do it so they can show me with that, too.

Well, what I meant was if I could call them on the phone too, but it is better work ethic if I do it in person. I also remembered I need to request a few days off and never learned how to do it so they can show me with that, too.
In person. It's more personable and you can ensure they're listening to you.

I wouldn't segue from that conversation to "tell me how to request time off." I've found in my experience this box-within-a-box approach, no matter how innocent the other topic, makes certain people feel like you were really here for one thing and the other was a "while I've got your attention" combo deal and they feel their time was wasted.

Keep your conversation with the ETL about your desire to change departments. Someone else can teach you how to go into the computer and do MyTime Self-Service.

Back