COVID-19 Is Target doing enough to protect employees from getting coronavirus ?

Even if truck is unloaded completely at night we still need employees on the floor and at the registers while we are open so I don't see why corporate would change truck unload hours. I'm so sick of seeing people wandering around like they're on holiday I can't stand it. People are stupid to be going out like they are...Italy had another 900 people die yesterday. Coronavirus is not something to be casual about. Protect yourself...wash your hands...don't touch your face...keep your distance. If you don't want to work then don't work but your health is up to you and not Target
Hilariously the old process is being reconsidered. . MISS US?

I’m in a state with a stay-at-home order, only essential businesses allowed to stay open; we’ve been told make anyone loitering around or hanging out or big groups to leave. The police lately have had a squad car hanging out in the lot for at least part of the day usually too.

As for the returns, we’ve denied them all, and trespassed someone who got loud about it. There’s literally a sign on the door and in front of every service desk register saying no returns; if you spent too much money on an SUV-load of toilet paper and are having buyer’s remorse you can fuck right off, you’re the reason we ran out of shit, and when returns are allowed again I’m still going to deny your return 🖕🏻
I wish we could do that. The police in my area announced that they won't actually be enforcing the "shelter in place". People are out & about; hanging out in Target & Walmart. It was crazy busy today.

We are denying returns & our store leadership is backing us up. They also have gloves & cleaning supplies for us.

We are Social Distancing while working g freight & zoning. Only one person per aisle.

that dismissive attitude
How is this dismissive? Some of us are grateful to still have a job, but we can also take seriously the order (in my state anyway) to stay home unless required to be out, be more careful about hygiene, all of that. That said, everyone needs to take responsibility for their own situation and make decisions about continuing to work or going on LOA based on their own needs. That's not dismissive. It's just realistic. Several TMs at my store are on paid LOA because they fit the requirements; a couple others are considering going on unpaid LOA as their anxiety levels have increased; most of us are continuing to work. My store's leadership has been, as far as I've heard, supportive of whatever decisions TMs are making. Maybe my store is not the norm.

20 people on the sales floor? Doubtful, and all one aisle? Just as doubtful. There is not enough work for one aisle. Spread out, do several aisles at once. Grocery right? The extra time you spend will be worth it.
The 20 people is for huddle, not all on the sales floor at one time. We'd have that many on a truck day, fewer otherwise. Seems like now would be a good time to not have huddles, but my store rarely has them anymore anyway.
And 5 TMs or whatever in one aisle is what we used to have when we worked truck in a wave. I hated that and it'd be downright stupid to do it now - how would they all maintain social distance? Using the wave format even for an overnight shift wouldn't be smart.

The police in my area announced that they won't actually be enforcing the "shelter in place". People are out & about; hanging out in Target & Walmart. It was crazy busy today.
I feel sorry for you and your store! This is so stupid. Some at my store are grumbling even about those who are "just looking" and it hasn't been that busy. Most people are sticking to essentials and grocery, but there are those nitwits who think now is a good time to shop for clothes.

Way too many of those nitwits at my store. We still have to zone most of Style throughout the day. Tables still getting shopped, bras and shoes on the floor, clothes abandoned by the fitting rooms when guests see that they are closed. Just go home people, please.

At my store last night it was the fucking teenagers out in groups like it was a normal Saturday night. There was one group of them, with a grubby 3-ish-yo who was climbing on fucking everything in stationery and they hung out there for, like, 20 minutes doing god-knows-what (except supervising said child) before moving on and, from what i can see, spending similar time in other departments around the store. I washed my hands after picking up all the stuff their kid left in his wake, because if I'd ever seen a group of people that would do whatever they wanted to do, no matter the consequences, it was that crowd.

I took an LOA on March 18 just as a precaution, some TMs thought I was being a little paranoid. Now I find out 11 days later one of them has COVID-19. No regrets. No paycheck is worth bringing that virus to my mom, who is 60 with sarcoidosis (an autoimmune disease). Gonna stay hunkered down for a while.
Me too. I’m a little embarrassed to face the team that IS working because i know they are picking up the slack for those of us that put ourselves and our families first and will not take the risk, however small, to be out of our homes at this time. But regret my decision ? Hell no. I’d make the same choice every time. Actually loving the hanging around. Love my house, my yard and my husband. We are well-stocked with food and supplies. Haven’t left the house in a week and still don’t need anything !

Me too. I’m a little embarrassed to face the team that IS working because i know they are picking up the slack for those of us that put ourselves and our families first and will not take the risk, however small, to be out of our homes at this time. But regret my decision ? Hell no. I’d make the same choice every time. Actually loving the hanging around. Love my house, my yard and my husband. We are well-stocked with food and supplies. Haven’t left the house in a week and still don’t need anything !
My parents always freeze leftovers and keep stashes of boxed and canned goods in the pantry. We always joke it's like they're preparing for the apocalypse, now that feels too real lol.

And it better happen soon since some medical experts are saying essential workers should be wearing masks and gloves in addition to washing hands regularly.
I am getting pissed off more day by day because there really is a lack of common sense and there are no protocals in place.
Your SD and ETL-HR have gotten protocols on what to do. They are on Workbench if you care to read them. But I'm also going to say this again, if you feel unsafe at work, take an LOA.

I have a tm with a relative that works in an ER and focuses on employee health and prevention infectious disease spread. That person offered to do a presentation in our store about proper methods of using masks and gloves and how to prevent cross contamination. SD said nah, that would give our store an unfair advantage compared to other stores with no such training...

I have a tm with a relative that works in an ER and focuses on employee health and prevention infectious disease spread. That person offered to do a presentation in our store about proper methods of using masks and gloves and how to prevent cross contamination. SD said nah, that would give our store an unfair advantage compared to other stores with no such training...
I feel something like that company-wide would be good. Kinda like the Active Shooter or Inclusive Guest Service Training where everyone was required to go to it.

That would have been a good idea last summer, but right now nobody has the time to knock out any trainings. I’m pretty sure that my store has 3 TMs tips who have completed that new active shooter training. The middle of a disaster sometimes just has to be all about putting out the fire unfortunately.

That would have been a good idea last summer, but right now nobody has the time to knock out any trainings. I’m pretty sure that my store has 3 TMs tips who have completed that new active shooter training. The middle of a disaster sometimes just has to be all about putting out the fire unfortunately.
Um, I thought it was required. I'm thinking of the active shooter training where you sat down with AP and then just acknowledged it in Workday. I did it over the summer.

Um, I thought it was required. I'm thinking of the active shooter training where you sat down with AP and then just acknowledged it in Workday. I did it over the summer.
See, this is what I mean. There is a refresher course for everyone that dropped on March 18. Some videos and 17 questions you need to get at least an 80% to pass. It’s so far from the focus right now and it’s completely understandable. I truly do get it. But eventually we’ll have to embrace our new normal and start doing mundane things like biannual training again. But for today we can relax just a little bit knowing Corporate has backed an inch off our asses and is letting us do what needs to be done. Their wants can wait.

Just a question...if the company cares so much about TMs then please explain why the public water fountains are off, and the ones off stage are on. Apparently TMs are replaceable but guests aren't?
Bottom line as always rules for the business. Think, and protect yourself and family. Do not rely on Target to do that for you.

That person offered to do a presentation in our store about proper methods of using masks and gloves and how to prevent cross contamination. SD said nah, that would give our store an unfair advantage compared to other stores with no such training...
So, its become a competition to see which store will have the most positive test results??? 🤪

From my 10+ years experience of Target, they will always do just enough to protect the majority of team members. There will always be people who think they're doing too much or too little. Gloves are only as good as you make them anyway. It negates the purpose if you think you're not going to have to wash your hands.

Just a question...if the company cares so much about TMs then please explain why the public water fountains are off, and the ones off stage are on.

Because the public drinking fountains are touched by hundreds. TM ones are touched by dozens in a day, and can be cleaned regularly enough to be sanitary.

Just a question...if the company cares so much about TMs then please explain why the public water fountains are off, and the ones off stage are on. Apparently TMs are replaceable but guests aren't?
Bottom line as always rules for the business. Think, and protect yourself and family. Do not rely on Target to do that for you.

tm water fountains are also supposed to be off

I feel bad that there are team members who feel bad about taking leave. Please don’t feel bad. Take care of yourselves and your families. That is what matters now. I’m (for now) choosing to work still. I do not fault anyone who chooses something different and I don’t feel like I’m “picking up the slack”. I want my team members to be safe and healthy. Please take care of you and your loved ones.

No matter what implementations are done, someone is not going to happy unless the physical store is locked down.

At other stores I have seen cashier lanes putting up partitions.
Repeating announcements about staying 6 feet away.
Some places are limiting the number of guests in store.
Some stores are only allow people to pickup online or curbside purchases.
But you there is going to be a gap somewhere or a guest breaks the rules.

Heck my at my local Pizza Hut, you have to call ahead or order online with paying ahead. When you arrive, you have to call in to have them bring your order out. They place it on your car and walk away. Only then can you get out of the car.

If anything...Target can make guest traffic go in a predetermined routes in the store while using tablets (sanitized) to scan items instead of cashiers. TMs provide items to guests across wide tables. Or vacuum seal individual items.

My sister is law works at a grocery store across the only Level1 Incident hospital within 90 miles and a COVID driveup testing tent a block away. And all her company did was increased everyones pay by 5%.

Back