Is there a company policy that every Target store must have a cart pusher for safety procedures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLuvDuh24

☮️❤️😏🏪
You see I’ve just spoken to my ETL and my SD, but I still haven’t talked to my PML that it wouldn’t be a bother we could have a cart pusher, but they said the same thing they can’t afford it this time and that our store doesn’t need one (which is completely wrong) but we do need one. Specially for the weekends, holidays and hot sunny days. Pushing carts with no cart pusher has become exhausting for us, and I in particular, get emotionally drained out.

Last edited:
There’s no policy regarding a cart pusher requirement. There are small and flex format stores that sometimes have 10 carts🤷🏻‍♂️
Well, my store has already reached a great amount of guests, and that screams for a cart pusher. I think I’ve been applied to the wrong Target store, maybe I should get a job transfer to another Target store with a cart pusher. Of course, I need to do a training for it, but that doesn’t bother me. I just wish that Target Corporation establishes a new policy that every store, no matter the size or the amount of guests the store has should have a cart pusher. Plus, we have 130 carts parked in the front, 26 in each row. NOTE: I’m not yelling. If I was, it would have an exclamation point.

Last edited:
You see I’ve just spoken to my ETL and my SD, but I still haven’t talked to my PML that it wouldn’t be a bother we could have a cart pusher, but they said the same thing they can’t afford it this time and that our store doesn’t need one (which is completely wrong) but we do need one. Specially for the weekends, holidays and hot sunny days. Pushing carts with no cart pusher has become exhausting for us, and I in particular, get emotionally drained out.
No. There is no policy. It is not required.

Last edited:
My last store's parking ran downhill right in the store.
Years back that store was sent a cart pusher. One test run was done and it was transferred to another store. After that they were provided cart straps and that was it.

Last edited:
Log into WorkBench. Log into WorkDay. Home page will show an Action Needed for acknowledgement of the team member handbook. When you click on it there will be a link to the handbook itself for you to look over before submitting your acknowledgement.
Which handbook? There are 3 under “Stores” and 3 more under “Supply Chain”

My store has a cart pusher. None of the cart attendants use it. It's more of a hassle than helpful tbh.
If you don’t need it, can we have it? 😂😂😂 Just kidding. But I’m just curious, what brand is your cart pusher?

Last edited:
Yeah there's no policy that states anything about cart pushers lol plus it'd be a stupid requirement; my small format store has like 20 carts total so it'd be a waste
Well, I think it is an efficient requirement if you ask me. Plus, the weather is so hot 🥵 outside that it slows me down and makes work harder and harder, that it keeps me inside too long to cool down. Then right after I cool off, I have to bring a series of carts, and so on, and so on. If I die of a heatstroke and it will be all over the news, maybe it will make the company establish a new safety system that will make the stores swallow their prides and have a cart pusher as an emergency kit or a backup equipment, you know?
No negative feedback, please.
Update: I fixed “prices” to “prides”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back