Is there a company policy that every Target store must have a cart pusher for safety procedures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLuvDuh24

☮️❤️😏🏪
You see I’ve just spoken to my ETL and my SD, but I still haven’t talked to my PML that it wouldn’t be a bother we could have a cart pusher, but they said the same thing they can’t afford it this time and that our store doesn’t need one (which is completely wrong) but we do need one. Specially for the weekends, holidays and hot sunny days. Pushing carts with no cart pusher has become exhausting for us, and I in particular, get emotionally drained out.

Last edited:
And that’s EXACTLY who I’m going to show them to: the PMBP. And no, I am not giving up. I’m sorry, I just don’t give up so easily, even if I wanted to.

They tell us to push 6 to 7 carts every time. But sometimes I push 8 to 12 carts when we’re really busy.

Showing them videos you took while you should have been focused on work and pushing more carts than is safely allowed are great ways to get written up. Your argument will be lost because you are not following simple safety protocols. They can then turn it around on you and say you're getting overheated because you are taking videos and pushing more carts than you should.

You don't win with leadership by pointing out their missteps or going above them. Or continuing to push when you've already been given an answer; there's a difference between being persistent and being obtuse to a situation.

Well, I think it is an efficient requirement if you ask me. Plus, the weather is so hot 🥵 outside that it slows me down and makes work harder and harder, that it keeps inside too long to cool down. Then right after, I cool off, I have to bring a series of carts, and so on, and so on. If I die of a heatstroke and it will be all over the news, maybe it will make the company establish a new safety system that will make the stores swallow their prices and have a cart pusher as an emergency kit or a backup equipment, you know?
No negative feedback, please.
I’m with you on the heat I work drive up in a state that has both heat and high humidity. ItS miserable!! Are you the only cart attendant? If not maybe ask other cart attendants for tips or advice. Ask front end leaders if you can have breaks from the heat maybe cashier for a bit, cover breaks or lunches.

You see I’ve just spoken to my ETL and my SD, but I still haven’t talked to my PML that it wouldn’t be a bother we could have a cart pusher, but they said the same thing they can’t afford it this time and that our store doesn’t need one (which is completely wrong) but we do need one. Specially for the weekends, holidays and hot sunny days. Pushing carts with no cart pusher has become exhausting for us, and I in particular, get emotionally drained out.
No. There is no policy. It is not required.

If I die of a heatstroke and it will be all over the news, maybe it will make the company establish a new safety system that will make the stores swallow their prices and have a cart pusher as an emergency kit or a backup equipment, you know?
Now that's just extremely overdramatic. It is getting warm in some parts of the country but if your store doesn't already have a cart pusher then I can't imagine that it's a very big store. Therefore, there likely isn't a need for one. I'm a bit confused on your fixation with a cart pusher but hey, you do you

I think having a cart pusher would make things easier and efficient. If you think I really have a fixation about it, I think it’s been influenced by my dull SD’s 🥱 lack of consideration and compassion and by my diabolical ETL’s 😈 show-off, hypocrisy and narcissism, that made me wanting for a cart pusher. So, I’m just giving you an honest and good reason on why I believe my store needs a cart pusher, it’s not bad or “extremely overdramatic” as you call it, it’s just a conscious, considerate and compassionate favor that isn’t too much to ask. Since when was being conscious, considerate and compassionate a crime? If you think I’m being dramatic, maybe I have been, it may be because of the temperature outside, it’s over 96 degrees, but think about this for awhile before you reply.
I feel like the larger issue than the cart pusher is the fact that your ETL and SD are not concerned about your safety. Are they not letting you cool off for a few minutes inside or letting you drink a whole lot of water?

I do agree that a cart pusher should be available but if your store isn’t able to get one, not sure what else you could do besides voice your concerns. If you’re not enjoying your role, it’s totally okay for you to get with your leaders or ETL HR and see if there is a role that better suites you :)

What IF I record videos of myself pushing carts on hot 🥵 and busy days with me sweating 😥 and gasping for air 😮‍💨 then put them in a flash drive and give it to my team leader? That way she can show it in her meetings and maaybe it could the store to consider getting us a cart pusher as their number one priority.

You're really committed to dying on this hill. Like others have already said, it's not up to your store- it's the PMBP's call and even then they may have budgetary limitations.

Let it go and use this energy for something more productive.

There’s no policy regarding a cart pusher requirement. There are small and flex format stores that sometimes have 10 carts🤷🏻‍♂️
Well, my store has already reached a great amount of guests, and that screams for a cart pusher. I think I’ve been applied to the wrong Target store, maybe I should get a job transfer to another Target store with a cart pusher. Of course, I need to do a training for it, but that doesn’t bother me. I just wish that Target Corporation establishes a new policy that every store, no matter the size or the amount of guests the store has should have a cart pusher. Plus, we have 130 carts parked in the front, 26 in each row. NOTE: I’m not yelling. If I was, it would have an exclamation point.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My last store's parking ran downhill right in the store.
Years back that store was sent a cart pusher. One test run was done and it was transferred to another store. After that they were provided cart straps and that was it.

Last edited:
Log into WorkBench. Log into WorkDay. Home page will show an Action Needed for acknowledgement of the team member handbook. When you click on it there will be a link to the handbook itself for you to look over before submitting your acknowledgement.
Which handbook? There are 3 under “Stores” and 3 more under “Supply Chain”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back