Archived Is this a reason for termination? 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I recently returned to Target and am still within my 90 days. I recently learned that I have passed my exams for a law enforcement position and have been instructed to gather information for my background investigator, they are asking for HR contact info and also supervisor(s) contact info. Could I be let go for asking my supervisors and HR for their contact info since I’m still within 90 days and they can term for basically anything?

Hi guys, I recently returned to Target and am still within my 90 days. I recently learned that I have passed my exams for a law enforcement position and have been instructed to gather information for my background investigator, they are asking for HR contact info and also supervisor(s) contact info. Could I be let go for asking my supervisors and HR for their contact info since I’m still within 90 days and they can term for basically anything?

Nope, just tell them why you need it. In highschool I was doing a work release program where I only did 4 hours of school rather than 7 and worked with the extra 3 hours I had and my teacher needed their contact info and they gladly gave it to me to give to her.

Also congratz on passing the exam for a law enforcement position! Very noble thing to pursue.

Here's the problem they can't talk to them about you so they won't be of much help. I got a call from homeland security once, in between nearly crapping my pants I remembered I could only confirm the team member worked there and what dates.

Here's the problem they can't talk to them about you so they won't be of much help. I got a call from homeland security once, in between nearly crapping my pants I remembered I could only confirm the team member worked there and what dates.
That still might be plenty. They can confirm that eecs didn't lie about his/her employment dates.

For HR, you can just give them the 1-800 number. For your supervisor's contact info, just tell them it's for a background check.

Your fine. Your background check cannot specifically divulge that you are applying for a LE position. I had to have a very detailed background check and polygraph for my previous state job. They interviewed my family, friends, landlords, teachers, roommates, and employers. And always be truthful when questioned during your interviews even if it makes you initially look bad. Candidates are mainly weeded out due to withholding information or lying not said incident.

When I was interviewed by the agent conducting my background check, I told them that Target policy would provide verification of employment and just initially gave them the 1800 Verification number. So give them that number first.
But if they really want a direct store contact, then give them your HR or STL contact. Technically they are only allowed to state what your employment history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back