Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

We have so little room, the company was planning on not sending us Turkeys, however we My Supported it and got them in. Our store only has a small back frozen bunker that is attached to a refrigerated gondola.

Help!

I transferred stores from a ULV to a A+,

The grocery/Pfresh is a mess! I've been tasked with fixing everything. We are 2 weeks into the new market rollout and it is not working. The logistics ETL has had it and all workload has been passed off to the CTL. He is drowning and I was laterally transferred from flow to help as I have Pfresh experience in my last store. I have read every grocery related thread in this forum, with that being said I need HALP!

I'm looking for advice on the truck unload process. Currently the RDC truck unload is at 2:30am and FDC doesn't arrive until 9am. How are you all working through the truck processes and scheduling teams to handle the workload. The log etl has basically sworn off helping at all bc the stl came down hard on him for two weeks of failed rollout.

Any advice is greatly appreciated . TIA

@Produceprincess
From another thread:
I can only tell you how it is done at my store.

They took three members from the flow crew and one member from the backroom team and added them to the market team that was already in place, giving them a total of six market team members. They later hired two additional people to assist with coverage.

The new market team starts at 6 AM and is done at 2:30 PM

Flow unloads the truck as normal. They proceed to stack the market portion of the truck on new U-Boat carts, which the market team takes out and pushes.

The backroom team member who was converted into a market team member handles all of the CAF pulls and back stock. There is an unwritten rule that corporate expects 98% of all market to be pushed.

The market team proceeds to do the C&S truck as usual.

Absolutely no one, and I do mean no one, is expected or allowed to help the market team. They are truly on an island by themselves.

Reddington, Sep 8, 2016

Does flow sort the grocery onto UBoats? Our log etl refuses to help. He is requiring that we have a market TM work all of the grocery that comes off the rdc truck.

But seriously, does anyone know what they're going to do with the chicken? My freezer is jam packed!! We set the POG for hams & turkey. The turkey pog only calls for market pantry & Archer farms cook in bag. Did they forget about butterball

Absolutely no one, and I do mean no one, is expected or allowed to help the market team. They are truly on an island by themselves.
That's not completely the case at my store. For the most part yes, but there are some days when there aren't enough of us to do everything. Some days, flow TL will let us know that she's gonna have the flow guys backstock our pallets, like yesterday when the other autofill TM scheduled at 5am with me called out. Or we'll get a random HL TM to do some reshop. BR also will help backstock when it's slow.

3 of the 4 sides of the bunker at my store are already frozen. The only cooler section is lunchables. The rest is frozen chicken, meatballs and burgers, and fish(?).

It's been set that way for as long as I can remember...possibly since the last time we had turkeys.

We have so much yogurt in the dairy cooler I am going 10 days out and donating it to free up room in the cooler

Where to put the chicken. I'm gonna check with my CTL and probably put most of it on the bottom shelf and move that beef up into one facings And rest of chicken up the right side where the pork is. All the meat will only be 1 facings except the ground meat.
Then I'll flip the switch back to freezer and put more turkeys out probably on Thursday this week.

Had quarterly inventory last night and I have a couple of questions. First of almost all of our counts are in the double negative variance roughly around -11.00~

This is because we cannot fulfill the missing product report, for example season items like cantaloupes. In this instance I checked and submitted the "counts not needed" since we didn't have any on the floor and the back which made our BULK FRUIT 0.00

In what instance would I do "counts not needed" for non-seasonal items? & what about items we sell but we just didn't have any stock in for inventory since the program on the MyDevice does not let us put zero as a count number?

Had quarterly inventory last night and I have a couple of questions. First of almost all of our counts are in the double negative variance roughly around -11.00~

This is because we cannot fulfill the missing product report, for example season items like cantaloupes. In this instance I checked and submitted the "counts not needed" since we didn't have any on the floor and the back which made our BULK FRUIT 0.00

In what instance would I do "counts not needed" for non-seasonal items? & what about items we sell but we just didn't have any stock in for inventory since the program on the MyDevice does not let us put zero as a count number?
doing the audits and playing with the numbers on workbench TINV application is a crap shoot for me.
I just usually check all for the missing items and then play games to finish and go home.
as longs as the numbers are green and no red, it's good to go.
As it says that this should be performed by a TL and i'm just a PA.

I've done the inventory once on the my device but lately i use TINV in rfapps on the PDA, since the my device does not work in my coolers.

Ok..help me out please. It's been awhile since I last worked in pfresh. Iirc, you pull a product 5 days before it expires, right? TMs are being told different things... that it's 2 days to the day it expired. So which is correct?

Ok..help me out please. It's been awhile since I last worked in pfresh. Iirc, you pull a product 5 days before it expires, right? TMs are being told different things... that it's 2 days to the day it expired. So which is correct?
All stores are not the same. Pull product it depends what it is. Cut veggies salads only 1 day after you coupon it

Now yogurt juice I would do about 5 days depends how full the dairy cooler is too.

Mostly produce and the salad greens like Fresh Express. Coupon the veggies? As far as I know, they only coupon the meat.
In my experience, produce stuff gets pulled the day before it expires.
Also, we don't coupon the produce, either, but I suspect it has more to do with the current TL than anything else.

At my store we pull dry grocery 4 days out, meat at the end of the day it expires, and yogurt/produce the morning of the day it expires.

My god Butterball's are .99c again, the two new PA's (they haven't even been through a Thanksgiving yet) have no idea what they are in for...

"We have 4 Pallets, are you sure we are going to even need to order any?"

LOL

im not market, font lanes->cart attendant, but they did this to us too. two hour gaps between cart attendants with only 4 hours each and they still expected us to do the work of two cart attendants with full 8 hours shifts. it was way out of hand and was negatively effecting the store

My god Butterball's are .99c again, the two new PA's (they haven't even been through a Thanksgiving yet) have no idea what they are in for...

"We have 4 Pallets, are you sure we are going to even need to order any?"

LOL
we have 3 pallets of Butterballs about 5 ft tall and 2 pallets of Market Pantry , my ETL told me that we only have half of what the FDC will send us ... WTF ??

we have 3 pallets of Butterballs about 5 ft tall and 2 pallets of Market Pantry , my ETL told me that we only have half of what the FDC will send us ... WTF ??

They probably sent the turkey's that need to be reweighed in the first batch, second would be weighed right.

I remember that my first Manual turkey order last year was about ~90 cases, and that is without being able to order two weight classes of turkey's (unorderable due to bird flu), both of which I believe were the most sought after (i think they were the 16-20lbs MP turkeys, and 10-12 MP).

After this each order was anywhere from 35-70 cases, depending on the week.

Turned out good as all turkey's (besides the Turkey breasts which easily sell all year long) were gone before New Year's.

Back