Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Yeah I've always been able to have bakery coupons. I saw them somewhere and asked my TL at the time to order them because they were Super-only

yes its been that way for about 2 weeks now. The overnight flow has to push candy. Some days it gets done and other it sits for 3 days.

Lol it sits for 3 days every single time at my store. Hell, sometimes it sits for 4, 5 days, I've even seen a new McLane shipment come in and the old one hadn't been pushed yet.

mclane candy lol who pushes that? XD itll pile up for 2 weeks before they even try to push it!

so, the STL enforced LOD ban on market is going great. they stay AWAY.
its so quiet now, and we only do 1 thing at a time instead of 5!

but more importantly! in fact MOST importantly! it seems like if FTL works the weekend i wont! meaning .... i get weekends! zomg!

mclane candy lol who pushes that? XD itll pile up for 2 weeks before they even try to push it!

so, the STL enforced LOD ban on market is going great. they stay AWAY.
its so quiet now, and we only do 1 thing at a time instead of 5!

but more importantly! in fact MOST importantly! it seems like if FTL works the weekend i wont! meaning .... i get weekends! zomg!
You're actually getting left alone? My STL is the first one to pull my team. :rolleyes:

my fellow PA's I have a question::: "Is there a way to check the pfresh order?? "

I could check it on ordered items when we got a truck every other day.
Now that we get a truck every day the my device under order,, lists the items coming in the next day and not what i just ordered for 2 days out.
Does this make sense.
Is there somewhere else to check maybe on WB or a way to clear out the order for the next day ?

Yes its on workbench...Its on the same page that has HQ promotions, and the truck information that then links to what was cut and what is coming in on the truck.....There like 15 links on the page and one of them is for ordering

Cant remember what it is under though..like DSD something maybe..id have to check when I go in tommorow

I think it is store order detail report or something like that....It has dropdowns...the section you are ordering (produce, meat, starbucks), and the day it was ordered.

But remember just because you ordered it doesnt mean it will actually come in. You still need to check what was CUT from the truck that is coming in or has been received allready

You're actually getting left alone? My STL is the first one to pull my team. :rolleyes:

yes. LOD's do not bother us. however i spoke to soon lol my TL spent 45 min in the STL office explaining how the leadership isnt brand, and how market TMs can finish their work when they are supporting the rest of the store. they also explained, within 30 min, we the market TMs get 3 ETLs giving very different directions, then 2 TLs giving yet 2 more directions. the STL thought that was strange, and spoke to the leadership.

and when i say spoke to soon ....
today, my TL had off. its their weekend off. the flow TL felt he was in charge of market.
OVER MY DEAD BODY HE WAS!
he tried to redirect the team from doing the dry auto fills. i told him no they need to be done first, then we will do the residual push from yesterday, until the FDC truck comes. we couldnt finish our push from friday as, due to snow, we have friday and saturday FDC orders. which sucked. i told Flow TL i had a plan in place. then they tried the "ETL orders were ...."
FUCK THAT!
i had even intention of speaking with the ETL/LOD about my game plan for the day. flows autos werent even done being pulled and they had time to worry about market. as soon as he got smart with me, i asked if they were the market TL, they immediately asked me if i was. i said, "when my TL isnt present yes, i am in charge of market." apparently this was new knowledge to them XD, but then said, what plan, and threw in my face we had backstock from yesterday and a pallet of freezer push, which was being worked on.
there was an attempt to try corner me in the office, Flow TLs topic was respect, which they have no business to talk about since they can NOT tell the difference between respect, like, or ass kissing. i called the LOD
LOD said, "we failed midoninger, because we didnt take partnership with them before giving directions." Flow TL tried to press that they were a TL and that what they and the ETL/LOD said was final. LOD said no, and then i brought up how when i said i had a plan in play, Flow TL immediately threw my short comings into my face. LOD looked dead at them and said that was wrong. FLOW TL looked sooooo defeated. but their stubborn ass wouldnt stop. i was in the office for TWO HOURS and finally! when it was done! the punk stayed away from me for the rest of the day.

and just when i thought i could finally get to the push .... BACK IN THE OFFICE AGAIN! this time the LOD wanted to reassure me and speak to me about "partnership". another 45 min .....

ugh!

SERENITY NOW!

well, the ETL in this case doesnt like to talk on the floor as thats how rumors spread.

today Flow TL stayed away from me. <^> them., and it must have irked them that we came clean.
although i found our backstock out on the sales floor hidden away at the back of an aisle. i cant prove anything but :p i cant help but wonder.... i mean dude gets in @5:30 (or earlier) so whos to say what he does during that time. though its funny how were a 6am store, yet somehow the autos dropped before 6am and 4 batches were already pulled.... each over 30 min long. and the ETL-LOG told Flow TL to not being coming earlier ... but thats none of my business!

To any other Food TLs here:

How's the cafe takeover going for you guys? I'm still struggling to find time to give any meaningful attention to it as hours are down everywhere and I'm forced to work as an opening PA twice a week.

How's the cafe takeover going for you guys? I'm still struggling to find time to give any meaningful attention to it as hours are down everywhere and I'm forced to work as an opening PA twice a week.

while im not a TL
my TL is scheduled 4 days market and 1 day cafe/sbux. and yes they are having issues making meaningful time for that team. however part of the issue too there is those cafe/sbux TM are very needy and my TL would run those ships. now they have to lead themselves, and they get overwhelmed. this is not a fault of my TL they werent their hires. to my TLs credit anyone else would have phased them out by now but they try to make them work to their best strengths and its working for the most part. however since your the TL of 2-3 work centers. if market is going fine, just says, "hey guys im gong to help work with cafe for a bit walkie if you need me." then role out.

I can already see I have one person who is pretty good, but needs some work, and two people who need drastic improvements or they'll be performanced out. I have similar issues with spreading out my time between work centers. It's a little easier when I have an LOD shift cause I have to go around to each department anyways, but on other days I can only stop to poke around for a few minutes. I haven't finished my FA training yet, but I'm planning on working with the team in giving the place a good scrubbing. I'm not having any dedicated shifts in FA, and only one a week in Sbux so this has all definitely been my store's usual trial by fire. No one else in the store knows FA stuff so they've been getting away with it a lot.

Are you going to be getting a FSA?

Does anyone else have a comically large avocado display? We got rid of the bowl shaped one and now have a huge NCAA two-tiered one, which can hold more avocados than we'd sell in 2 months.

I can already see I have one person who is pretty good, but needs some work, and two people who need drastic improvements or they'll be performanced out. I have similar issues with spreading out my time between work centers. It's a little easier when I have an LOD shift cause I have to go around to each department anyways, but on other days I can only stop to poke around for a few minutes. I haven't finished my FA training yet, but I'm planning on working with the team in giving the place a good scrubbing. I'm not having any dedicated shifts in FA, and only one a week in Sbux so this has all definitely been my store's usual trial by fire. No one else in the store knows FA stuff so they've been getting away with it a lot.

Are you going to be getting a FSA?
Yeah I haven't had time to sit down and knock out the training, but I do know most of the basics. I don't think we're allocated a FSA unfortunately and I really only have one FA TM. The rest that work there are cashiers that I've had to steal while we try to get TMs hired. We're a hard to hire store with something like 12 openings. Our FA is going away later in the year and a Sbux is going in its place.

New market TL wants to keep the dry room empty. He said the white meat shelf liner and the black shelf matting needs to be in the fixture room.

I feel bad for my market team because I tossed it up in the fixture room steel.

Are you guys getting this nonsense about "non-food can't be in the dry room"?

Like that's stuff for cleaning and hygeine, that's the shit that *should* be in the dry room.

New market TL wants to keep the dry room empty. He said the white meat shelf liner and the black shelf matting needs to be in the fixture room.

Like that's stuff for cleaning and hygeine, that's the shit that *should* be in the dry room.
We've always hoarded market specific items above the ambient room potatoes. If they try to shove that crap in the fixture room it might just walk out the compactor door... it always has before.

We've always hoarded market specwific items above the ambient room potatoes. If they try to shove that crap in the fixture room it might just walk out the compactor door... it always has before.

It's up in the steel in the back of the fixture room so it's a little bit of a challenge to get to. And I'm not helping with it; if they want it, they can get it down.

Hope they come to my store and get these tl's to stop dropping carts of random stuff every day. It's not just fixtures, loads of product/clearance just ends up there because it's the only area with space after I clear it out

On the list of things that would not fly at my store...

We have containers out back and I need to get the FIVE fucking empty clothing racks out there. Fuckin' ridiculous.

These are rare these days, when I get them it makes me overly joyous.

On the opposite end I have asked my STL if he would bail be out of jail before for stealing Display's we couldn't get for some reason from Walmart.

Weird. I researched them on the 10th and they came in on the 18th. IDK.

We have a separate shelving rack in ours that's not touching any of the racks w/ food.

Yes we use 2 4ft sections that's 8 shelves for storing freezer shelves, pushers, produce bags and meat diapers black matting.
As we have little to no food in their mostly bananas, single onions, a few boxes of tomatoes they all fit on 3 shelves in 1 4ft section on the back wall.

So I scheduled myself early this morning to make sure my c&s team is doing alright, to change out the meat pads, and to do some cleaning...... and two of my 4 c&s workers don't show. Grrreeeeeaaaaat. And both want to apparently be on my food team.... NOPE!!

Does anyone else have a comically large avocado display? We got rid of the bowl shaped one and now have a huge NCAA two-tiered one, which can hold more avocados than we'd sell in 2 months.

we got rid of that bowl, and got this small square shipper that holds only a few cases of them. thank god, that bowl was a nightmare.

i just love when i leave something for the team to push and come in after my day off and its still there.

yeah for the Food TLs with FA and SBUX, my TL has me and a assistant for FA/SBUX and were lower volume. so if we do and youre high volume id make the case you need the extra eyes and ears and have that person to help convey your ideals and messages and drive the team in your place.

i just love when i leave something for the team to push and come in after my day off and its still there.
same here i put an x or (my special mark) on a box that i know needs pushed,
sometimes put it on the pull cart before I leave, the next day it's STO'd in a location WTF

Back