Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Also, we got our u boats but no one is allowed to use them because they don't have warning labels or something? I don't know. They have been sitting unused for days.

The backroom person that coordinates with vendors and has a desk by the vendor entrance (I forget what position that is, everyone just refers to her by her first name) keeps yelling at all the guest service tms for putting expired food in the donate bin. She is basically the old bridge troll of my store, very mean and will rip anyone's head off for the slightest thing. Basically all the guest service tms are scared of her (which I am too admittedly) so they never donate defected food anymore.

I talked to our food bank guy, he said they take whatever, expired food is totally okay, so I have no idea why this person is always getting mad about it.
I think Target policy is that, but who's going to complain about giving someone needy some crackers a couple of days past their expiration date. Talk to the ETL-LOG about how much food is going to waste.

I think Target policy is that, but who's going to complain about giving someone needy some crackers a couple of days past their expiration date. Talk to the ETL-LOG about how much food is going to waste.
Policy was changed a long time ago. Target allows our donation partners to accept out of dates. You will be surprised how old it can be and still be safe.

Installed the cheese aisle fixtures today.

God damn was that frustrating. There's little direction on how exactly they should be installed and there's no easy position to get into to get them on the brackets. Looks nice though.

We did ours today too and it actually went REALLY smooth. Makes me fuckin jealous.

We got ours today 3 pallets. 24 u boats.
All they need is the handles put in the bottom

Cant wait to start using them it will make dairy so much easier. Where do you put the eaches that are back stock ?
We still use the three tierd carts for our loose backstock, there's just too much some days that it ends up just falling over.

And the way our backroom is set up the team just goes through the double doors, cage is already there for cardboard, u boat goes into the ambient room next to it and they take their backstock cart down to the dairy cooler and throw it on the appropriate metro/waco and the empty cart is lined up along the wall next to the cooler.

We still use the three tierd carts for our loose backstock, there's just too much some days that it ends up just falling over.

And the way our backroom is set up the team just goes through the double doors, cage is already there for cardboard, u boat goes into the ambient room next to it and they take their backstock cart down to the dairy cooler and throw it on the appropriate metro/waco and the empty cart is lined up along the wall next to the cooler.

I'd keep a Dairy Metro specifically for eaches Dairy backstock. Who knew... U-Boats would be terrible for Eaches (Our new Log System, yay), but awesome for Signing.

they were banned in my district. the person above DTL said they werent brand, you know despite having having company logos on them.

also! it was addressed to me that nutty TM throws away all of pfresh because they said they have to because i dont do my job. i was kinda pissed about that and it was followed by theyre gunning for my job.
but then ...
i got a text from my TL showing me a texts our ETL. in it it said our DTL and HR visited our store. we didnt have many wins, HOWEVER they were very pleased with pfresh. it was full and impactful. it also stated that it was seen how much time i spent on it today. so im feeling pretty good.
suck it trebeck!

We did ours today too and it actually went REALLY smooth. Makes me fuckin jealous.
Am I looking at a full day to install the cheese wall? Six door setup for us. Pptl is on vacation but "couldn't find it in twt for this week" and decided it was 7 weeks out?!? So it's on me to figure out how to coordinate demetch, set, push. And almost every tl in the store is off tomorrow.

Am I looking at a full day to install the cheese wall? Six door setup for us. Pptl is on vacation but "couldn't find it in twt for this week" and decided it was 7 weeks out?!? So it's on me to figure out how to coordinate demetch, set, push. And almost every tl in the store is off tomorrow.

Yes it takes a full day, might be more depending on how fast you go. Guy at my store did it in 7 hours and he had three 4ft sections of open-case cheese.

My TL and pmt did it in about 7 hours on Tuesday 6 sections looks amazing

Some pfresh truck pushers filled some of the sections

yeah we got a ton of shit in this truck all that prepacked stuff. and suddenly cantaloupes and watermelons! and instead of sending me the nice small cut celery like they have been, they chose to send my legit uncut celery. that doesnt fit!

our shelf went down for bolthouse and all that over nightmare-ish crap. so for now my backroom is devoid of it. its nice. for now.....

guys guys guys! omg its finally over! lmao!
so, nutty TM was due in at 8am. my TL ran to TSC to "take their break" and sat in TSC. they watched the time clock like a hawk. so it gets to be 8:09 ... here comes nutty TM. LATE. so they are greeted, hello how're you ... and all that jazz.
unbeknownst to nutty TM theyve been watching their latenesses but MORE OVER, how seemingly everyday for a week last week they did all punch corrections for their in and out times ....
the LOD was made aware ... and my TL came back with venom glistening on their fangs. all excited!
nutty TM was asked to come to TSC over the walkie. they responded that they were with a guest ... NOPE! my TL called them out on that, and nutty TM still didnt go to TSC for like 30 min. they were summoned again, this time with me and my TL present, so they had to go. and get lost?
the LOD hunted them down ... the LOD was off the floor for an HOUR. they ... didnt take it well ... and we were told to beware of them for any communication, and also we were told while it was final, they they were concerned they were going to commit suicide. like really?
id have to say the most evil moment was when i was sent a screenshot of nutty TMs facebook post, "looks like im not allowed to be happy." im not sure if the 7 likes or the actual post made me laugh, but when the TM asked what did i do to them that too was funny and i said nothing. as *I* was told to keep it on the DL so i texted a megatron laughing GIF. just to keep them wondering!

Does anyone have a market communication board? I have ideas for what to include on the one I'm creating, but wondering if I'm forgetting something that could be useful.

-Market routines
-Produce report (for out of stocks, quality issues, etc)
-Key items lists
-QMOS + SDA %
-Calendar w/ assigned salesplanners
-Soda pallet update
-Grocery dashboard w/ sales

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Fuck you, FDC

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
We got ours done in about 6 hours, had 4 sections completely stripped before the POG team could say "Tune-In Tuesday". We also have 8-9 sections of cheese. I kept all of the cheese on its Peghook and took it off then skewered them all by section onto separate 3 tier carts (Each it's own section to keep like DPCI's, etc together. (Old market trick, I used to use, to FIFO). Two of us were on the project full-time (me and our Senior POG TM) (once my PMT came and saw we were 4 sections done already he said screw this and dipped).

Last edited:
Back