Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

This McLane phase out is starting to drive me nuts. Yesterday was the largest push yet with 45% of the truck being D055. There was candy all over my 3 ambient pallets and I didn't realize until 4 hours after delivery that the one 6ft pallet, that I thought was completely candy, had 4 cases of nectarines ON THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PALLET.

Speaking of stone fruit, is anyone else having issues getting it in? I got an initial push of nectarines and peaches 10 days ago but despite ordering every day, havn't received additional pushes. I wanted to flip the promo table to the June layout but can't seem to get in the product to do it.

No stone fruit yet but I'll see if I can order it later today

Most of my candy comes on the banana pallet with tomatoes and potatoes.

This McLane phase out is starting to drive me nuts. Yesterday was the largest push yet with 45% of the truck being D055. There was candy all over my 3 ambient pallets and I didn't realize until 4 hours after delivery that the one 6ft pallet, that I thought was completely candy, had 4 cases of nectarines ON THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PALLET.

Speaking of stone fruit, is anyone else having issues getting it in? I got an initial push of nectarines and peaches 10 days ago but despite ordering every day, havn't received additional pushes. I wanted to flip the promo table to the June layout but can't seem to get in the product to do it.
I haven't seen stone fruit in my store for at least 4 days.

Our FDC is getting better with candy. Several times this week they've sent us the candy on it's own separate wooden pallet.

The downside is our checklane candy is not coming in totes, so someone has to break down the candy pallet to separate out the stuff for the checklanes.

Things are going splendidly catastrophic at my store. I work noon to 830 shifts. I literally haven't even been able to finish the PFresh CAFs by the end of my shift, we still have a pallet of C&S produce leftover from Thursday, and another one just got pushed right before I got off work Sat night. There's tons of backstock in every cooler, produce isn't getting pushed from the backroom, pfresh looks pathetically empty. Multiple days dry grocery push has been left undone at the end of the day. It's basically a disaster.

The one positive thing is that for once the ETLs aren't blaming me for the shitshow, which is nice. All the leadership I've talked to seem to recognize things are utterly borked structurally... everyone except my FTL of course, who every shift mentions more things he would like to me to be doing during my "closing" shift. After ranting about my clueless FTL to an LOD they basically told me, "Yeah, bring up any concerns to the HL ETL instead, the FTL is just going to tick you off."

was awakened at 445 this morning, my TL needed me to come in in their place as all hell broke out for them at home. i asked what i was walking into, and when they told me i regretted me choice ... got in and it wasnt bad. wth?
i think i need to go over with my TL how to speak on whats doing in market without making it seem like a hopeless disaster and make me worry.
but once again on my TLs weekened 2 call outs, and all they had were 2 TMs. and also once again, those same TMs were scheduled against availability. so whos really at fault here?

cant order peaches but plums and nectarines yes! i almost died when i saw them because they stole away a spot from my bananas now all we have them on is a tree which SUCKS.

Just flex the stone fruit on the front and get rid of cutties and bagged oranges we never sold them the past couple summers why now

We always keep the fruit that sells full and flexed into other spots to fill the floor.

Headquarters doesn't know how to make a pog for produce.

I hate the stupid stone fruit, it is like the ultimate fruit fly bait, and pfresh gets culled so rarely these days that I just know we are going to get an infestation at the ambient table this summer.

I hate the stupid stone fruit, it is like the ultimate fruit fly bait, and pfresh gets culled so rarely these days that I just know we are going to get an infestation at the ambient table this summer.
At the stores I worked at we put the baskets of stone fruit in the produce cooler overnight. Really helps the fruitfly issue.

One of these days, FDC. One of these days. Truck comes late. Two fucked up pallets. One has milk leaking all through it, another has eggs crushed on the bottom.

Candy is spread sporadically throughout ALL of the fucking pallets. A box here, a box there. Mother fuck you, how do you even account for these items packing them like this?!

Raw chicken on a semi-pallet above organic/non-organic produce, which isn't even separated anymore.

Pushing so many god damn melons that look like trash. Cantelope looks like giant golf balls.

But, all of this could be forgiven if the one item I've been ordering for the last week showed up in good shape. You sent me a bag of "white" onions. The only thing white was the dried peels which didn't even hide the fact that there was BLACK MOLD underneath them because they'd been stored either in a highly moist environment or they were wet at some point and never dried out.

I swear, I'd like to send a truck back with a note laden with abusive wording. Fucking garbage.

Ah I just toss the old stone fruit when the new ones arrive. So it will be a daily rotating of the stone fruit out with the old in with the new.
As long as I do it on the 5 days a week that I work just remember not to order too many cases like no more than 3 at a time.

After what I found the other day I refuse to eat or shop food at target. All i buy from em now is electronics.

Because Market is such a rolling disaster, I asked my FTL what I should prioritize for my closing 12 to 830 shifts, if not everything is gonna get done. They said prioritize reshop and dry CAFs over pfresh CAFs, because morning ETLs are complaining about that stuff being leftover. I found it hilarious that they were basically acknowledging that Market is such a disaster that they would rather me focus on minimizing how bad things seem than actually priorizing things based on sales and perishability.

So when I left Sunday night there was still a very full metro of leftover unpushed C&S from *Thursday*, and two full pfresh CAF metros undone. But by god at least I got the reshop out.

Because Market is such a rolling disaster, I asked my FTL what I should prioritize for my closing 12 to 830 shifts, if not everything is gonna get done. They said prioritize reshop and dry CAFs over pfresh CAFs, because morning ETLs are complaining about that stuff being leftover. I found it hilarious that they were basically acknowledging that Market is such a disaster that they would rather me focus on minimizing how bad things seem than actually priorizing things based on sales and perishability.

So when I left Sunday night there was still a very full metro of leftover unpushed C&S from *Thursday*, and two full pfresh CAF metros undone. But by god at least I got the reshop out.
Yeah, my pfresh is taking a hit too. The days when there's a lot of dry freight, pfresh hardly gets touched. If I'm not there, its likely that no one will be over there after 8 or 9. It's really taking its toll.

One of these days, FDC. One of these days. Truck comes late. Two fucked up pallets. One has milk leaking all through it, another has eggs crushed on the bottom.

Candy is spread sporadically throughout ALL of the fucking pallets. A box here, a box there. Mother fuck you, how do you even account for these items packing them like this?!

Raw chicken on a semi-pallet above organic/non-organic produce, which isn't even separated anymore.

Pushing so many god damn melons that look like trash. Cantelope looks like giant golf balls.

But, all of this could be forgiven if the one item I've been ordering for the last week showed up in good shape. You sent me a bag of "white" onions. The only thing white was the dried peels which didn't even hide the fact that there was BLACK MOLD underneath them because they'd been stored either in a highly moist environment or they were wet at some point and never dried out.

I swear, I'd like to send a truck back with a note laden with abusive wording. Fucking garbage.

My last C&S truck I received a few days ago...one of the pallets had Meat on top....then the banana pallet which had candy on the top of it..and then one layer of juice on the bottom..wtf kind of pallet is that

My last C&S truck I received a few days ago...one of the pallets had Meat on top....then the banana pallet which had candy on the top of it..and then one layer of juice on the bottom..wtf kind of pallet is that

I'd flip the fuck out. In the middle of the unload, I'd go out for a smoke after seeing that and I don't even smoke.

We keep the food assistant / PA over in pfresh from 6am to 2:30 pm The PA pushes all produce, bananas, fresh meat and specialty milks from the FDC truck Plus their routine cull check dates vendor milk That way the pfresh valley stays full unless the FDC cuts us on bananas.

We keep the food assistant / PA over in pfresh from 6am to 2:30 pm The PA pushes all produce, bananas, fresh meat and specialty milks from the FDC truck Plus their routine cull check dates vendor milk That way the pfresh valley stays full unless the FDC cuts us on bananas.
That's what I do as well.

We have a person responsible for dairy 6-1, pfresh 9-5, freezer 10-330 or closing grc1/3 10-330 , grc2 10-330 or closing and snack/bev/candy 10-330 or closing everyday except for Sunday then we got 3 people

Back