Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Pfresh store TMs - any advice regarding routines to keep your bakery table looking brand? Ours was blown out as hell today, so I locu'd the open stock, printed off labels, pushed everything I could, and backstocked the rest. That worked well enough, but I had holes the open stock didn't fill, so I ended up manually scanning the shelf labels and memorizing backroom locations for the case stock, which is not really optimal. I really need to start carrying a note pad. The table looked nice, I just figure there must be a more organized/efficient way to do this, or a routine to set up so the table doesn't end up looking barren in the first place.

yeah research is really your friend here. research it AFTER you purge from the backroom and make sure the amount you fill it to matches the capacity.
example:
Capacity reads: 4
you actually push 8 to the home.
so, make the capacity 8 so the computer pulls to fill for what can fit.

example 2:
no one buys the apple fritters. EVER.
capacity: 6
so i changed it 3 so this way it has its facing. and we dont have to throw as much all the time even though we do .....

as far as routine add shit to the SDA in the mydevice. this way it makes sure people attention to that table and shelves.

yeah research is really your friend here. research it AFTER you purge from the backroom and make sure the amount you fill it to matches the capacity.
example:
Capacity reads: 4
you actually push 8 to the home.
so, make the capacity 8 so the computer pulls to fill for what can fit.

example 2:
no one buys the apple fritters. EVER.
capacity: 6
so i changed it 3 so this way it has its facing. and we dont have to throw as much all the time even though we do .....

as far as routine add shit to the SDA in the mydevice. this way it makes sure people attention to that table and shelves.

Take a Picture on your MyDevice of the table :D

Overfilling the Bakery Table will only give you even more outs in the long run.

Research research research keep your on hand count accurate or below what it says.
The cinnamon breakfast rolls will not come in unless the on hands are zero so I Qmos to zero even though I still have 12 on the shelf.
You have to do what you have to do to keep the table full if that makes sense.

What is your guys end to end process like hours wise...I feel..like if this is what its like at the launch market is going to be a mess in a few months if past hours allocation is any indication. We just started this process 3 weeks ago I think so maybe its just going to work itself out naturally but im not optimistic.

We have our flow truck three days a week. On those three days our schedule breaks down into TM1&2 6-12, TM 3 8-12 TM4 430-9 and TL 8-4. First two have to deal with breaking down uboats and pushing them to floor along with pulling, pushing and backstocking ALL autofills.

Usually when 8 rolls around all autofills are done and backstocked and uboats are on floor ready to be pushed. Those TMs go to break, come back and everyone pushes their aisles completely zoning and researching each one once the push is done for that aisle. Take the uboat back, do cardboard and do backstock. The first two TMs also have to take lunches so that is 30 more minutes cut into the process.

Usually around 12 all the push and backstock is done so the truck itself is mostly taken care of. The problem I am finding is that we still have a ton of research batches that need to be pulled, both from us and instocks from the RIGS that is usually 1 1/2 if not 2 full vehicles. We have had to extend almost every push day.

My problems are as follows with this whole process
1. Pfresh and open market arent even really being touched til after noon other than the autofills. Is this really how its supposed to be? We cant really have someone spend another 30 min to an hour in market when we are allready pushed for time with the dry market push. Heck if the TL still has to pull and push research, and then pull and push the 1pm autofills they get to open market when?

2. On non truck days are hours are literally the same. Other day opener was 4.5 hours and closer was 4.5 hours but we now have to pull all the autofills, and be involved in pushing and backstocking the dry market section which we hadnt been previously doing. Non truck days should have a little more coverage right?

3. Where are the hours for all this backstock we now have to do. Mcclane Candy push and backstock, plano backstock, vendor backstock, Yesterday when we were about done with the truck there were literally 7 vehicles of backstock that had nothing to do with the truck process or anything we did at all that day along with like 6 vehicles in the freezer. This was AFTER taking care of 4-5 vehicles in the freezer a few days before.

4. When exactly do we clean?

I feel like this new process only really changed how dry market looks and functions and open market is being shafted even more than it was before an that the hours given are less than the hours it was taking before switching over to this new process.

If i had to take a guess at it...hours would range from 120 to 136 or so depending on non truck day hours scheduled for the ENTIRE market team. Am i wrong or does this seem lower than what it should be

Last edited:
I told my ETL that with this new market rollout I'd rather work 6-2:30 everyday, but he said that since I have the Food assistant title, I still have to work 1 mid shift and 1 closing shift a week like a TL does.
For the other FAs out there, what is your schedule like?

I open on Mondays. On Tuesdays, I do a mid to late shift. (Sometimes only 5 and half hours. Nobody fully closes anymore in Market) I am off on Wednesdays. I open on Thursdays, Fridays, and my weekend. With the new rollout, the entire team has been getting cut. On the next schedule, I have 34 hours and on the next one I have 33. So much for getting things done.

I told my ETL that with this new market rollout I'd rather work 6-2:30 everyday, but he said that since I have the Food assistant title, I still have to work 1 mid shift and 1 closing shift a week like a TL does.
For the other FAs out there, what is your schedule like?
I use my FA's 7-3:30 (I wanted 6-2:30, but STL said no), and I mainly have them own open market. I wrote a routine for each day with timelines, and am having each person write how long it actually took them so I can use them to edit timelines and observe. Our "closer" is only 2-6ish most days so it's odd they'd have you do a normal close. Unfortunately our rollout this past week has been hit or miss as everyone I took from flow has called out 1-2x already in the first week. Not very happy about how things are going.

I use my FA's 7-3:30 (I wanted 6-2:30, but STL said no), and I mainly have them own open market. I wrote a routine for each day with timelines, and am having each person write how long it actually took them so I can use them to edit timelines and observe. Our "closer" is only 2-6ish most days so it's odd they'd have you do a normal close. Unfortunately our rollout this past week has been hit or miss as everyone I took from flow has called out 1-2x already in the first week. Not very happy about how things are going.

At least your STL lets your FAs open everyday. My ETL said there's still gonna be a normal closing shift. We had callouts during the past week too and the market tms are not zoning as they're pushing like they're supposed to. Also, we have some TMs that are slow pushers which makes it worse. I hope this week is better.

We get a lot of lunch meat from our FDC that has fucked up dates. One week, it may be June 11th and the next week, it may be June 8. It causes a lot of problems because people just use FIFO, disregarding expiration dates. FEFO also helps catch expired(or soon to be) product on the floor because you're aware of dates instead of mindlessly pushing to the back.

Does anyone have the problem of stls and etls loving beer so much that they try to take the dairy endcap cooler for it? What am i supposed to do with all this dated dairy product? Im already combining 2 salesplanners (lemonade and milk) together since they took 1 door from me. :mad:

Does anyone have the problem of stls and etls loving beer so much that they try to take the dairy endcap cooler for it? What am i supposed to do with all this dated dairy product? Im already combining 2 salesplanners (lemonade and milk) together since they took 1 door from me. :mad:
Are you the food team lead? If you are/you don't mind pushing back/your TL doesn't mind pushing back you can bring up your concerns about taking doors away. If the beer is selling well where it is in the cooler then they obviously won't want to change it.

Im not. Just the food assistant. I try voicing my concerns but they're all like what the STL wants is what happens. I just don't like having all this product that goes out of date in about a month just chilling in the back. I personally have never thought it sold all that great. Beer you can put in stacks all around market and the front and just sell thru a ton of ice. Even the DTL has said in the past we have just a little too much beer in the store. With the E2E in market I'm in charge of dairy and it kills me to end up throwing money out the window...at least it'll all get donated

Im not. Just the food assistant. I try voicing my concerns but they're all like what the STL wants is what happens. I just don't like having all this product that goes out of date in about a month just chilling in the back. I personally have never thought it sold all that great. Beer you can put in stacks all around market and the front and just sell thru a ton of ice. Even the DTL has said in the past we have just a little too much beer in the store. With the E2E in market I'm in charge of dairy and it kills me to end up throwing money out the window...at least it'll all get donated
I would tie the product using the create a salesplan option and keep track of how it is selling. Even if you know it isn't selling it is always best to be able to show that you're serious about it not being a good option. My STL picks things he must have on endcaps, but if the person in charge of an area is able to speak to their reasoning then he backs down (usually). It can help to drop phrases like "owning your business" and "sales" and such. I don't do sidestacks in my store because 1) they don't sell, and 2) they always want them in the worst locations. Are they beers from local breweries in packs or the larger bottles, or is it like packs of Coors and Budweiser? I think in my area the larger bottles from local places would sell okay on an endcap, but if it's the common Coors and such then it would be a waste of space since we have the back beer wall already.

Anyone else having issues receiving grapes ? We finally get the organic grapes in the clamshell and now no bagged grapes. Green are not on the order. We have zero grapes , flexed strawberries everywhere.

What is this beer you speak of ? I can drink a good beer but we don't sell any in my dry state.
We still make great sales without the alcohol sales. My store is number one in sales in my district if not the most in my state

STL is trying to make it one of the permanent store option ones. I think our ETL-Food is siding with the Food TL and myself.

Back