Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Has anyone else been having candy show up on FDC trucks? I know Target is planning on getting rid of McLanes, but I figured candy would come from the RDC.

We have a few cases show up every single day now... Food truck team feels that it's not their job to work it, so they set candy aside and it doesn't get worked until the next McLanes delivery.

C&S often sends us random crap we don't sell, like Kroger brand frozen veggies or an obscure apple brand that has a DPCI but isn't sold at our store or any other store in the area. What do you guys tend to do with this stuff?

we unlocated and deleted all the bakery locations in the freezer. the backroom TL asked how is this supposed to work and the answer is we challenge freezer everyday now. so were unlocating and deleting all the locations for dairy and freezer, and pushing to the floor daily. sounds fine except whos going to do this? when you write a schedule that is 1 tm ALONE for 2 hours to open, and has to pull all the autos ... yuck! it likely works in a higher volume store, but lower volume, less payroll, your killing your TMs.
sad thing is now i cant find anything that start for as much as theyre paying me now ... well ... that'll hire me ...

Has anyone else been having candy show up on FDC trucks? I know Target is planning on getting rid of McLanes, but I figured candy would come from the RDC.

We have a few cases show up every single day now... Food truck team feels that it's not their job to work it, so they set candy aside and it doesn't get worked until the next McLanes delivery.
Yeah, we were sent like 40 cases of M&Ms on top of our bananas yesterday. :rolleyes:

C&S often sends us random crap we don't sell, like Kroger brand frozen veggies or an obscure apple brand that has a DPCI but isn't sold at our store or any other store in the area. What do you guys tend to do with this stuff?
One time we got a TON of Wal-Mart's milk and some genius actually stocked it on the shelves. It was around Black Friday or the big Back to College event, so Starbucks needed milk and I had to grab the Highland stuff because we literally ran out of Market Pantry milk.

So here are my shippers

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

Yeah, we were sent like 40 cases of M&Ms on top of our bananas yesterday. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't even mind if they would at least put it on a separate pallet. Instead we get a few boxes each with meat, dairy, produce.

For the "cart stopper" signs
I have dcpi 004 45 3614 or
Part no. 4453614

We got these back around August of 2016 with the bunker sign holders. We had 12 but down to only 7 left

well we do 120-140k weekdays and about 180 - 200k on the weekends. The Saturday before Easter we did 245k.

damn my store does maybe 60k a day. not sure on weekends.
but!
rumor is headquarters is going to making some head changes in my store so i should have in there. im so excited!

i enjoy having a POG set, no one telling me, this was done sunday somehow? and then i find today its for everything drink wise that came out of the aisle but has been sitting in the backroom. wonderful. so on top of a late FDC truck i had to get all that done.

damn my store does maybe 60k a day. not sure on weekends.
but!
rumor is headquarters is going to making some head changes in my store so i should have in there. im so excited!

i enjoy having a POG set, no one telling me, this was done sunday somehow? and then i find today its for everything drink wise that came out of the aisle but has been sitting in the backroom. wonderful. so on top of a late FDC truck i had to get all that done.
60k weekdays is ultra low or low volume... not sure the cutoffs but we are 80k most days 120k weekends and org chart 3...

I'm hoping we get that new table. We are perpetually short shelves and can't order more, nor have we been able since right after we opened...

Pfresh store TMs - any advice regarding routines to keep your bakery table looking brand? Ours was blown out as hell today, so I locu'd the open stock, printed off labels, pushed everything I could, and backstocked the rest. That worked well enough, but I had holes the open stock didn't fill, so I ended up manually scanning the shelf labels and memorizing backroom locations for the case stock, which is not really optimal. I really need to start carrying a note pad. The table looked nice, I just figure there must be a more organized/efficient way to do this, or a routine to set up so the table doesn't end up looking barren in the first place.

Pfresh store TMs - any advice regarding routines to keep your bakery table looking brand? Ours was blown out as hell today, so I locu'd the open stock, printed off labels, pushed everything I could, and backstocked the rest. That worked well enough, but I had holes the open stock didn't fill, so I ended up manually scanning the shelf labels and memorizing backroom locations for the case stock, which is not really optimal. I really need to start carrying a note pad. The table looked nice, I just figure there must be a more organized/efficient way to do this, or a routine to set up so the table doesn't end up looking barren in the first place.
Super, not Pfresh, but the TMs who fill the bakery tables write down everything they need on a notepad and grab everything in 1-2 trips into the freezer. This is once daily and the tables still look barren sometimes when it's a high traffic day. The bakery/deli/sushi freezer is also unlocated, so it means less time in the freezer. It helps that the freezer stays organized, so if you have people who just randomly choose places to backstock the items, unlocating everything won't help. The random stray box of stuff is found once a quarter when food inventory happens, but it's never more than a box or two.

Super, not Pfresh, but the TMs who fill the bakery tables write down everything they need on a notepad and grab everything in 1-2 trips into the freezer. This is once daily and the tables still look barren sometimes when it's a high traffic day. The bakery/deli/sushi freezer is also unlocated, so it means less time in the freezer. It helps that the freezer stays organized, so if you have people who just randomly choose places to backstock the items, unlocating everything won't help. The random stray box of stuff is found once a quarter when food inventory happens, but it's never more than a box or two.

Another super. Identical procedure.

Our freezer is split up by fillgroup, so all of the bakery stuff will be together in the same few sections. It's just a matter of going in there and opening boxes to see what we have.

If you're going to be scanning shelf labels, you could do it with a myDevice and create a batch for anything that has locations. Then the batch will take you to each location and you can decide if you want to pull it or burn it.

For the bakery table I usually do a needs fill for that POG and after that I do a batch for anything that doesn't pull. And then of course sometimes you have to go on a scavenger hunt because the counts are wrong and you gotta find those 30 French breads

We do not back stock any bakery we have 1 metro and 1 tub of bakery in the freezer which we push at least once a day if not twice. We keep all loose bakery in the box. Breakfast & cookies on one cart and kings Hawaiian & bread on the other

Back