Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. D.C. Trucks sit for hours before being unloaded, maybe close to a day. FDC trucks are loaded and unloaded (and semi- climate controlled). Won't keebler be coming in through RDC's soon?

I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. D.C. Trucks sit for hours before being unloaded, maybe close to a day. FDC trucks are loaded and unloaded (and semi- climate controlled). Won't keebler be coming in through RDC's soon?
Yeah it would make things easier if candy cane through the regular DCs, but they need to be climate controlled so it doesn't all melt. That was why we had McLanes in the first place.

Kellogg's is switching over to our DCs very soon. For my district, it starts the first week of July.

i ordered like 12 mini's to make a side cap. hope they come in!
and nope! i wasnt allowed to order another bin as they werent sure watermelon were going to sell.

so my TL is quitting next Saturday, which is lovely. They had to quit before they got fired. apparently the starbucks DM wasnt pleased with the fact that the load came in that day? and wasnt put away to starbucks brand in the target backroom? apparently they can dictate this? but also, theyre sick of the ETLs. we all are really. im really going to miss them, the store wont be the same without my TL.

Im still amazed how they rolled the Starbucks TL position into Market TL. Honestly IMO it is far and away the hardest TL position in the store

Yeah it would make things easier if candy cane through the regular DCs, but they need to be climate controlled so it doesn't all melt. That was why we had McLanes in the first place.

Kellogg's is switching over to our DCs very soon. For my district, it starts the first week of July.

I was speaking to the merch and he was telling me they were no longer ordering or coming in for Kellogs brand stuff....Do we have to order that now or is it auto like most of dry market. If we have to order it, its just another thing to do in a long list of other things to do and the vendor make it seem like we were going to be ordering at the store level.

Our newest schedule on flow push days is now this

6-230- TL
6-1030-TM 1
6-1030-TM 2
12-7 Me

Leaderships claims we just need to be more efficient and compared to another store in our area (who has less to push and is less busy) we are spending more hours (duh). Our STL commented how I guess we shouldnt be doing research anymore and my TL and ETL-Salesfloor shot back saying that is what we were supposed to be doing and its best practice. I swear sometimes leadership needs to see the reality of the situation. We have to push, zone the entire aisle, research it, and then backstock and THEN put away cardboard and uboat on the other side of our backroom. It takes some time. What is ironic is that flow team constantly gets help from salesfloor in the morning and compared to our push rate is slower without even worrying about FIFO yet we are the ones who need to be more efficient and they dont even have to stay to backstock their stuff, shoot the aisle, or zone it

I know that they only allocate a certain ammount of hours and thats all we get but, and I dont know if this is at my store level or company wide....it still feels like the hours given are not enough to actually properly run grocery. They didnt really add ANY additional hours they just shifted the hours over from flow to market and that is literally it, or so it seems. Our non flow days are practically the same as they were before or even less for C&S hours now. And on truck days all the hours are just going to push the truck along with the research and zone of the aisle. In fact we might even be getting LESS hours since we now have to ALSO pull and backstock literally every fillgroup grocery related where in the past my team was just backstocking the cooler/freezer/produce stuff and not dry market.

Our max hours for a week has been 150 so far. If that is launch hours...I am deeply concerned how much they are going to cut to a new normal of hours, since we had close to that when we just launched Pfresh and this has a whole lot more workload attached to it. I dont know why we even have a cleaning tote anymore..or cleaning tasks and checklists...do you guys actually have time to clean? If so what is your secret

I like the process but I hate it at the same time. I can allready see everyone around me starting to get tired of it allready that came over to it who werent working in market allready. They were promised one thing with what it was and what hours they would get and I feel like their expectations did not meet reality but maybe thats just a misconception on my part.

One last part and a serious question because I need to gauge myself. How long does it take you all to pull the morning autofills and push it out. I seem to take about an hour to pull everything but maybe thats because in dry market each waco has a crapload of items to scan, especially candy and snacks which always seem to take forever so some of it could be do to backroom organization. Then to push it I guess just depends how much backstock there is or how much is pulled but seems to take maybe an hour to an hour and a half tops.

The days were the SDA is 40+ items, culling everything pretty thoroughly, processing that, and putting in donation bins or qmos bins, pulling autofills, working autofills, doing meat, produce, bakery coupons, backstocking autofills, doing cardboard, receiving cs, doing the order, filling milk along with helping guests all along the way.. Feels like that is so much of my day :( Especially with C&S days where I now ALSO have to break down all the candy that comes on top of our banana pallets. The other day there was what ammounted to 2 1/2 Uboats of Candy on top of my banana pallet..like..are you SERIOUS with this....so much candy

Last edited:
How the order is put away is the least of a Starbucks DM's worries. There would have to be more issues.

all i know is they go into the back room and tell my TL they didnt put it away right. it does come in on a pallet and is wrapped but apparently they dont put it away per starbucks protocol.
then, since HR schedules sbux TMs against their availablity, my TL gets in trouble for that because there are complaints about Sbux being closed, but when there is no one to cover the shift and no one available ....

Im still amazed how they rolled the Starbucks TL position into Market TL. Honestly IMO it is far and away the hardest TL position in the store

soon there will only be ETLs and no TLs the way things are going.

How many dry market vehicles do you usually pull out for morning autofills

1 silver rack
1 3 tier
1 tub
2 green racks cooler/freezer

my store we do about 30% of our sales. :D ... but our sales suck
Order 12 cases of mini watermelons. got 0
3 cases sweet onions? 0
3 cases cuckes? 0
htf am i to make a display when they dont send my any product? and im curious how much else didnt come in that i may have forgot about ....

all i know is they go into the back room and tell my TL they didnt put it away right. it does come in on a pallet and is wrapped but apparently they dont put it away per starbucks protocol.
then, since HR schedules sbux TMs against their availablity, my TL gets in trouble for that because there are complaints about Sbux being closed, but when there is no one to cover the shift and no one available ....
The closing Starbucks during open hours is the big one. I feel for your TL.

Do we have to order that now or is it auto like most of dry market. If we have to order it, its just another thing to do in a long list of other things to do and the vendor make it seem like we were going to be ordering at the store level
It will be auto-replenished, like the rest of dry grocery. When it switches over, your store will get 4 hours of payroll to make sure it's set to pog, fill it, and backstock it with the rest of SNCK. And probably check dates too...our Kellogg's vendors have a ton of expired stuff in their backstock area, and they don't give a shit about it because they're about to be laid off anyway.

We've had fa and sbux closed for breaks at least every other day for what seems like forever. Nobody seems to care. But my sbux tl just put in her notice :(

Sbux didnt open 1 day until 12. the opener is NOT available on wednesdays and guess what? it was wednesday. so the mid came in to a line and angry guests who dont realise they can just whip up a drink from nothing.
Then the new hires no call no showed 3 times each within their first week. so guess what happened from there? and with our ETL being ... well ... their an asshole. regular readers of this thread shouldnt be surprised by that statement but ETL SF really outshines all the other ETLs as being the biggest asshole. my TLs team keep shrinking because of the ETL SF too. its really a shit show. i feel bad for whoever they hire next. ETL SF is batshit crazy

It was some years ago, but was it here where I read that being a Food TL/Starbucks TL is a dead end? Like if they want a TL gone, they'd transfer him/her to this workcenter (or something like that)?

It was some years ago, but was it here where I read that being a Food TL/Starbucks TL is a dead end? Like if they want a TL gone, they'd transfer him/her to this workcenter (or something like that)?
Ctl is taking over fa & Starbucks, these days. 1 sbtl did transfer to another store when they stepped down.

Not in my store, I think. We are AA+ or AAA, I can't remember. We have 2 CTL, 1 for pfresh and 1 for dry, a SBTL, and we used to have a FATL. We are looking to have someone replace the FATL.

Yikes. I feel like turnover of TLs in Food/Food Service is off the charts right now.
As a food TL, I can totally understand why. The job is hard. We're now SFTLs, BRTLs, Flow TLs, and food service TLs. In market, we're expected to deliver on all fronts with a team that's probably inexperienced in two of the three processes they're working now.

Some of my team members are faster at one thing than the others. Why can't I utilize them in the best way possible and have the same guy pull my autofills every morning. That way he's happy, the job is getting done in a timely manner, and I'm happy because we're getting shit done. All of my own personal workload seems to be catching my team up while not being able to get to my own shit. I'm no longer working ahead and may possibly be behind come next week. It doesn't help that my ETL refuses to let me work early mornings because "it's not fair to my peers". My god damn workload isn't fair to me.

Maybe some of these problems are only mine but I just wanted to rant a little.

Do you also have Food Service? It's so much. If you were Sbux before, you have to learn a whole new area, with a whole new team, operating in a whole new way. If you had market before, you have to learn to run a completely different business on 1 day per week. I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea, but he was wrong.

Do you also have Food Service? It's so much. If you were Sbux before, you have to learn a whole new area, with a whole new team, operating in a whole new way. If you had market before, you have to learn to run a completely different business on 1 day per week. I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea, but he was wrong.

Ya when i asked my SbuxTL how many times they would be in SBUX and they said one day, I literally laughed and said..good luck being a TL for those TLs who were only in market that now have to do sbux with only one day a week over there

My last sbtl became vmtl, so not always true. But if you aren't nailing steritech and sbux visits you are indeed gong to be left to mold there...

As a food TL, I can totally understand why. The job is hard. We're now SFTLs, BRTLs, Flow TLs, and food service TLs. In market, we're expected to deliver on all fronts with a team that's probably inexperienced in two of the three processes they're working now.

Some of my team members are faster at one thing than the others. Why can't I utilize them in the best way possible and have the same guy pull my autofills every morning. That way he's happy, the job is getting done in a timely manner, and I'm happy because we're getting shit done. All of my own personal workload seems to be catching my team up while not being able to get to my own shit. I'm no longer working ahead and may possibly be behind come next week. It doesn't help that my ETL refuses to let me work early mornings because "it's not fair to my peers". My god damn workload isn't fair to me.

Maybe some of these problems are only mine but I just wanted to rant a little.
I've been begging for early shifts, or even one less LOD shift per week (I have 3-4) especially now that some of my TMs are fighting when I'm not there, but my STL says "just work with them for a few minutes when you're LOD, that's all you need." But he also told me that it looks like I don't care about my departments or teams soooo. Once in awhile we have a pretty good day, but it's mostly a flaming garbage pile that I have no hope of putting out. Fellow TLs are literally told they will be coached if they help me in market at all. :(

I've been begging for early shifts, or even one less LOD shift per week (I have 3-4) especially now that some of my TMs are fighting when I'm not there, but my STL says "just work with them for a few minutes when you're LOD, that's all you need." But he also told me that it looks like I don't care about my departments or teams soooo. Once in awhile we have a pretty good day, but it's mostly a flaming garbage pile that I have no hope of putting out. Fellow TLs are literally told they will be coached if they help me in market at all. :(
RIP
We've got a fair amount of sales plans this week and I'm in the store at 8 or later every day. I don't envy you as a Sr. I used to want the role but there's no way now.

WHAT?! I hate your store.
It sucks for sure. I am not sure what I've done but nothing I do is ever the right thing to do. When I was told I don't care about my team members or my departments it was during an early morning leadership walk with about ten other leads. Other TLs come to me saying how much the rest of the team loves me and appreciate me, but my direct ETL, HR, and STL don't appear to feel the same way. Definitely sucks to work so hard and it doesn't matter. I help out other leads in their departments which is okay, but helping me is unacceptable. I was told my job is on the line if we have any issues w/ Steritech or ordering in my departments, but I'm overwhelmed. Apparently my definition of team work is different from that of upper leadership. :oops:

Back