Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

You realize this is a company that destroyed perfectly fine, wooden fixtures with Food, to replace with Cardboard, fake wood boxes, to sell produce on the floor. Which will be replaced "At some point in the future, when we can get the real ones".
Ours are up in the steel beside the cages for trash that we dont use because people dont want to empty them.

I saw this on Reddit today and this is why i'm so glad i have a back loading milk cooler and just have to load the milk right off the pallets from the back.

giphy.gif

I saw this on Reddit today and this is why i'm so glad i have a back loading milk cooler and just have to load the milk right off the pallets from the back.

giphy.gif
We have the back cooler but I went to move the pallets around to get to my FDC ones I was going a bit too fast with the crown and it all came tumbling after. :( My coworker pep talking me like Olaf, "Don't panic, all good things all good things"

And anyone taking videos at work instead of helping including texting and talking on the phone on the job should be put on corrective action period. Especially for this, you can see the team members face in this too.

:(Any stores that manage to do both diary and freezer within 3-4 hours? Our Log TL just flipped our process backwards and expects both dairy and freezer to be done by 8 not taking into account the fact that we purge 10 unlocated produce racks and 7 dairy racks. We only have maybe 5 TM's total on any given morning. I've tried telling them the struggle with not having enough smart carts, u boats for breakdown and not having space to break down the pallets but I just can't see it working out.

No not me, I focus on purging produce and racks that are in the meat cooler first, then dairy and freezer. Freezer takes the longest. Nothing ever gets backstocked. So I have to challenge out the green racks.. and they are full. Half the time i'm walking back and fourth for nothing because it's back stock anyways and only a few things go out from that rack. Theres probably between 7-10 racks in the freezer and 5-6 in the dairy cooler including uboats.

For whoever has the freezer un located. How do you guys have your racks broken up? And what has been the fastest way for you guys to push the freezer room. I would appreciate it if you could give a break down of each rack and how many you have of each. I cant get the break down that right and I want to have enough racks so that I dont have any vehicles for back stock in the room just the racks.

For whoever has the freezer un located. How do you guys have your racks broken up? And what has been the fastest way for you guys to push the freezer room. I would appreciate it if you could give a break down of each rack and how many you have of each. I cant get the break down that right and I want to have enough racks so that I dont have any vehicles for back stock in the room just the racks.
I would assume minimum

One Metro with wacos:

Ice cream
Meat/Frozen deli
Bakery
Breakfast

Frozen dinners
Frozen veggies
Family meals

And then some open racks divided similarly. Depending on how much freight you get casepacks can easily be organized on maybe 4-5 floating racks making sure meat and bakery have their own.

I would assume minimum

One Metro with wacos:

Ice cream
Meat/Frozen deli
Bakery
Breakfast

Frozen dinners
Frozen veggies
Family meals

And then some open racks divided similarly. Depending on how much freight you get casepacks can easily be organized on maybe 4-5 floating racks making sure meat and bakery have their own.

This is interesting. We have Bakery unlocated now and freezer will follow when Bakery is fully integrated into routines of everything else being unlocated for pfresh. However, with month end hour cuts and call ins, I don't know when that'll happen. Hopefully before we start receiving pallets of turkey.

I'm not 100% sure what it means to have an unlocated Bakery or Freezer, but at my store we just push each individual pallet onto the floor at a time and work it out one pallet at a time. At my store, the milkman can just drop off our milk pallets right into the cooler, if he's nice enough he'll organize it to the way our milk is set up (from whole milk to skim milk)

Once pallets are on the floor we break em down, for the most part if it's not icecream, bakery, or foodave/deli/meat we keep it on the pallet. We have two empty pallets set aside for our bakery and foodave/meat/deli stuff. All icecream goes onto a u-boat or multiple three tiers and we usually try it work it all out at once or as we go along.

Whoever posted about having only 5 tms available per morning to unload FDC trucks in Frozen Dairy is so correct. What's even more bittersweet is almost always 3 of those TMs are only 7am-11am or 7am-12pm and it's extremely stupid. The 4am people leave by 12:30 and for the most part we're suppose to be done by noon but when half of our team leaves at 11am, wtf do you do? All of my ETLs beg me to stay late from a cashier shift to go back and help because "they're short" but I take a peak at the schedule and lo' and behold, 3 TMs leave at 10:30am and 11am, while the 7-3:30pm shift guy is left all alone with the 4-12:30am guy(s) and you have one of them doing all backstock, and you only have two TMs out working on pallets and they've got 3-4 pallets left to get out on the floor.

My ETLs are so worried about me taking weekends off that they don't schedule me anywhere else besides cashier or when they're REALLY desperate to get me into a shift there. My availability issue was from back in June/July when I had some college visits and life things to do, and it was only 3 weekends I asked off, but they're just oh so worried to the point where it doesn't even matter if there's enough help back there anymore. Shit's fucked. It's almost October and I'm still hearing the same shit from them and I haven't had one minute of time off in two months almost now.

It's pissing me off to the point of saying I really just want to quit and find something else lol. I can't handle fulltime grocery self checkout shifts, it literally pains me to just stand there and do nothing, I go home every night after a long cashier shift and soak my body in water until I'm a pulp and it doesn't help. I worked all weekend in Produce/Frozen dairy for the first time in a LONG time and I ended my Monday shift after four 8 hour shifts of unloading trucks and things with little to no pain, but just one 8 hour cashier shift is enough to break me lol. You figure standing around doing nothing would produce zero pain, but the world's kinda twisted that way.

TL;DR It's stupid how my store has the manpower to do these trucks, but when half the team is only on for fricken 5 hours, there needs to be some reconciliation there. I find it stupid how they need so much help back there, but they refuse to schedule me back there due to taking some weekends off back in June/July and I'm still hearing the same thing and it's almost October. I've had zero time off since the beginning of July. In other words, my favorite line has become "shit's fucked"

Whoever posted about having only 5 tms available per morning to unload FDC trucks in Frozen Dairy is so correct. What's even more bittersweet is almost always 3 of those TMs are only 7am-11am or 7am-12pm and it's extremely stupid. The 4am people leave by 12:30 and for the most part we're suppose to be done by noon but when half of our team leaves at 11am, wtf do you do? All of my ETLs beg me to stay late from a cashier shift to go back and help because "they're short" but I take a peak at the schedule and lo' and behold, 3 TMs leave at 10:30am and 11am, while the 7-3:30pm shift guy is left all alone with the 4-12:30am guy(s) and you have one of them doing all backstock, and you only have two TMs out working on pallets and they've got 3-4 pallets left to get out on the floor.

I've tried telling our Flow TL that even with 5 people it takes maybe two hours for the team to start wrapping up two pallets [~200 cases].

I try pushing them every day to work quickly and they try. But with only 5-6 people on a freezer day and all of dry, and dary we total about 700 cases avg. it's difficult for some to do the heavy stuff and others managing the cold. So the most resilient TM's become physically burnt out and the rest mentally from staring at pic labels, backstocking and checking dates. :oops:

I've tried telling our Flow TL that even with 5 people it takes maybe two hours for the team to start wrapping up two pallets [~200 cases].

I try pushing them every day to work quickly and they try. But with only 5-6 people on a freezer day and all of dry, and dary we total about 700 cases avg. it's difficult for some to do the heavy stuff and others managing the cold. So the most resilient TM's become physically burnt out and the rest mentally from staring at pic labels, backstocking and checking dates. :oops:

We have a similar problem, but it's the Pfresh version. We only have one closer to 9 pm who receives the FDC truck and stages it. Then the morning PA works it. Seems like it should work. However they only schedule the morning PA by themselves and to come in at 7 when we work at 8. Thursday I did this and there was probably 100 cases plus it was our milk delivery day which means the pallets had to be moved from where we stage them in Dairy (as that cooler is closest to receiving, the biggest cooler, and usually the cleanest. Plus I had to pull the autofills. THEN the ETL says he and our Food team lead are going to help run our fast movers but they just let me do all the pallets while talking about end caps. I understood they were talking work, but don't promise help you won't give. It was a day, but I got myself Starbucks for it.

Hey guys,

Im a newer Pfresh Team lead and this will be my first TINV, I understand how to do it on the Mydevices and sections tags and all but how do I know what to count. I read there is a store order guide but on workbench it says that, thats for only store ordered items. What about HQ push items, do we count those and if so what items do we count. I know it lists the departments to count on the first page of workbench but I'm worried that even knowing the departments what if I miss a few DPCI's. Can someone just also briefly let me know what items I need to count. I know all perishable but does this include juices and nuts. I know all meat but does that include chopped meat and how about cheese and lunchables, and I know all of bakery is counted.
Thanks

The entire produce dept, deli items, fresh meat and bakery. It won't let you count anything you're not supposed to count. Don't forget pumpkins and if you have any mums in the store as well.

The entire produce dept, deli items, fresh meat and bakery. It won't let you count anything you're not supposed to count. Don't forget pumpkins and if you have any mums in the store as well.

I remember forgetting we had an entire 8 feet of Seasonal bakery staged at the front lanes (Halloween). And closing out In Pfresh Inventory, with no audit on it. lmao.

yellow steritech visit last week... are you kidding right now?

that's rough. me and my team never likes to leave anything in carts, u-boats, three tiers or anything for prolonged periods of time. My store has a produce cooler and at least my store, naked smoothie goes in my produce section, so we'd wheel it over to them.

These
that's rough. me and my team never likes to leave anything in carts, u-boats, three tiers or anything for prolonged periods of time. My store has a produce cooler and at least my store, naked smoothie goes in my produce section, so we'd wheel it over to them.
These were demerched for new coolers for remodel, but for fucks sake. New round just started... they see that and they will count every little thing.

These

These were demerched for new coolers for remodel, but for fucks sake. New round just started... they see that and they will count every little thing.

Damn, great timing on Steritech's part... as always. I think the worst thing for our dairy cooler last time Steritech came was we had milk splatters and some milk expired in like a week or so.

Damn, great timing on Steritech's part... as always. I think the worst thing for our dairy cooler last time Steritech came was we had milk splatters and some milk expired in like a week or so.
This was done week after. But it's not unheard of for her to come the next week if we did badly.

Back