Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Anyone else get a shit ton of grapes ?!
Here is what the FDC sent me yesterday
40 boxes of the red seedless 1.5 lb bag that’s 400 bags.
20 boxes of the green seedless 1.5 lb bag that’s 200 bags.

TPC’d them to $1.20 a bag.

Also we have been selling bakery like crazy the past couple of months and always have 2 tubs of bakery in the freezer. Not sure how we are going to get our 3 pallets of turkeys in the freezer coming this Wednesday.

Also we have been selling bakery like crazy the past couple of months and always have 2 tubs of bakery in the freezer. Not sure how we are going to get our 3 pallets of turkeys in the freezer coming this Wednesday.
We got a ton of grapes as well!!! And over two tubs worth of bakery. I spent an hour with my bestie purging freezer condensing our casepack metros to fit all that bread. :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, I think I have at least 30 cases now just sitting in the back

Your store must be a super target. 40 boxes of grapes? lol holy moly.
For wednesdays order(ordering for the weekend) I usually only need 6 boxes of green grapes and 6 boxes of red grapes) and that really lasts me through the weekend.

Anyone else have a new process at their store now? My lod told me last week that we are not allowed to have C&S pallets on the sales floor. Now we have to load food on UBOATS and make more trips because pallets are big and are likely to always be in the guests way.

Now i feel like it's taking longer to get things done because we have to go back and fourth with the uboats loading them up with food from the pallets.

Anyone else have a new process at their store now? My lod told me last week that we are not allowed to have C&S pallets on the sales floor. Now we have to load food on UBOATS and make more trips because pallets are big and are likely to always be in the guests way.

Now i feel like it's taking longer to get things done because we have to go back and fourth with the uboats loading them up with food from the pallets.
We've gone back and forth over the years. Pallets only if delivery is before we open.

Our grocery team tried different ways before they came up with one that works. The opening pfresh TM pulls each pallet out of the cooler and breaks them down onto uboats by aisle, then puts those in the coolers.

We'll normally leave our banana pallet by the ambient room. One person will push all the old bananas and then *hopefully* the new ones just get backstocked until next day. Candy goes on another u boat --> line; and any tomatoes/random fruit go on our little cart to be pushed.

Person #2 brings the meat/produce pallet to the floor when they are done purging the metros in produce cooler regardless of wether we are open or not.

Person #3 breaks out remaining Dairy pallets in the cooler onto 6-7 boats. I guesstimate 30 minutes to breakdown one 8 ft tall pallet.

We haven't been scolded for having pallets out. We just can't have them in the main aisles. So we tuck produce in between our front focal and bakery.

Turkeys have landed in my freezer. 2 full pallets came in today October 16th. Mostly butterballs Gonna have to set one side on the bunker this week most likely on Thursday.

So I got 2 more turkey pallets today for a total of 4 pallets of turkeys.
And my 2 normal freezer pallets were not touched today.

6 pallets in the freezer it’s jam packed.

RIP.

My freezer's been pretty full as well. Trying to make a pallet space for those turkies that we got but that means getting rid of two racks for backstock.

It will take longer but its actually is more efficient. Less bending and you can empty them faster as they are just for that aisle. I didn't think I would like the Uboats but I actually do.

So curious question for all you PAS.
What is your monthly meat and produce markout report money total?

Last edited:
We stuck ours in the big red basket along with the half gallons of apple cider. Selling fast now!
Dont you have to refrigerate that cider?
We are going through 3-4pallet bins of carving pumkins, 6-7 cases of pie pumkins and 3-4 cases of tiger striped pumkins a week!
Also how many can you fit on the basket, that sounds like a good idea

Last edited:
Some months it says 1,800 some other months say 3,200.
Most food that doesn't look fresh or about to go out of date I donate.
Is this too much?
I'm also very detailed, so i tend to markout more some days like for example a bruised apple.
I cull very conservatively, when I do cull I try to donate almost all and not toss any/ very little. That helps with the report and bottom line

Some months it says 1,800 some other months say 3,200.
Most food that doesn't look fresh or about to go out of date I donate.
Is this too much?
I'm also very detailed, so i tend to markout more some days like for example a bruised apple.
for the meat i coupon that meat about 4 days out depending on how much I have in the back.
So today Wednesday, I couponed the meat all the way through Sunday that way it will sell and the new meat that comes in will also sell over the weekend.

As for salads I've learned to order a lot less and keep very little in the back. I'd rather be empty of one type of salad than qmos it.
As for the berries and apples always take it off if you wouldn't eat it.

DONATE DONATE everything unless it is rotten or moldy.

We put a pallet just inside each entrance. That's about as fancy as it's gonna get at my store.
Wish pallets were allowed in our store, we have a pretty kick ass display incorporating all the pumkins, I would take a pic but itll give my store away. Its a truly one of a kind display

I’m gonna guess your PMT finally showed your STL how much it costs to re-wax the floors after pallet and pallet jacks scratch them. Lucky.

I’m gonna guess your PMT finally showed your STL how much it costs to re-wax the floors after pallet and pallet jacks scratch them. Lucky.
Our PMT did the same thing. We aren't allowed pallets on the floor. However, occasionally we will sneak one on before we open and try to quickly complete it.

Back