Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Jeez. Most produce is bad before two weeks anyways. Maybe apples kept cold but not much else. If you have stuff that long, you should cut back on the order sizes.

I think the keeping meat till the day of is still practiced because I checked two days ago but if any produce is over two weeks then its best to get rid of it. The fresher the better

so we ran out of the honeysuckle white turkeys on Monday afternoon we sold 150 turkeys in 2 days.

we were suppose to get about 30 honeysuckle white turkeys today but only received 2 boxes, 8 turkeys....
some other store stole my other 10 boxes, WTF !!

my store needs these we are like way above any other store in my district in sales for these turkeys, so why would another store need them.

i can hardly wait , warning butterballs and Market Pantry turkeys Advertised in this Sunday November 5th AD. Get ready to sell Turkeys.

I mean I totally understand, it's November now, people want turkeys and we should be in FULL capacity stock, but there's a reason why it says LOAD LIMIT, anything over is going to just rot, and someone is gonna get seriously ill.

I mean I totally understand, it's November now, people want turkeys and we should be in FULL capacity stock, but there's a reason why it says LOAD LIMIT, anything over is going to just rot, and someone is gonna get seriously ill.
I had this problem on a regular basis. Make sure the shelves are as low as possible and train one layer into their brains. Remind the food tl, etl log, etc that those can't be donated so its straight loss.

The shelves are already set to the lowest i believe. I am going to double check tomorrow. I will remind them. But oh my god...They cant keep doing this. I feel so bad that i gotta throw them away when they are half undertemp like that. It's a waste of food and waste of money. But I have NO choice because it's bad.We had another team member who kept stocking the chicken breast past the load limit, i told one of the lod's i gotta throw them away and she said no dont throw them away they will be ok just flex them to the right. so I was like UM NO...chicken is chicken and VERY sensitive to temp and someone can get VERY SICK. Then they acted all pissy because i threw them away.

Jeez. Most produce is bad before two weeks anyways. Maybe apples kept cold but not much else. If you have stuff that long, you should cut back on the order sizes.

I agree, the only thing i can think of that last two weeks would be maybe carrots and apples(but obviously if you have boxed apples stored in the cooler)..everything else has a very short shelf life. the most ive had grapes on the shelf was 5 days, after that they start to brown and get wrinkly.

Same, i'm really detailed to the point where even if theres the tiniest bruise on an apple, i qmos it. i cringe when i come back from my day off and theres bruised apples /lemons/oranges everywhere.
i hate my fellow PAs they don't know how to cull potatoes, limes, lemons, onions, avocados, grapes, single apples, hell i can keep on going .

Word from my ETLHR that the PA/FA position has been removed from GOM (market rollout) stores. There will be only be team members and the team lead. ETLHR said this change is being made to hold the market team to the standard of PAs and to remove “stress” from the PAs sounds like BS but any one get any news on that?

Word from my ETLHR that the PA/FA position has been removed from GOM (market rollout) stores. There will be only be team members and the team lead. ETLHR said this change is being made to hold the market team to the standard of PAs and to remove “stress” from the PAs sounds like BS but any one get any news on that?
True. The people who are PA/FAs will still be stressed out because you'll still be looked to as the all-knowing if the TL isn't around

I agree, the only thing i can think of that last two weeks would be maybe carrots and apples(but obviously if you have boxed apples stored in the cooler)..everything else has a very short shelf life. the most ive had grapes on the shelf was 5 days, after that they start to brown and get wrinkly.
Cabbages and Kings.

Can anyone explain to me, what is the best way to manage an unlocated produce and meat cooler? When I used to be a PA, we located everything; now only frozen and dairy is located (and certain wacos in produce/meat), and the bulk of produce/meat is unlocated. I understand the idea is to push the stuff daily before trucks, but I don't see an efficient process just yet. Each cooler only has one rolling green metro; the rest are stationary so you have to physically move stuff around in order to get it to the floor. I was told that the TL/PA just walk the floor and make a list of what they want to fill before going to be back and getting it, but that sounds massively inefficient to me.

What's best practice?

More metros we call them fast movers get your PMT to build you more metros. In meat I have 3 metros one each for ground meat, beef, and chicken.

In produce I hsve 7 metros:
Salad
Salads and veggies
Berries
Single apples
Banged apples
Big box produced, letttace carrots
Organics

Have the closer push these around 6 pm to 8:30 pm

15 minutes to push 1 fast mover

We just repush all of them every day. Condense towards the front of the cooler so the next delivery’s backstock can be separated.

Just found out we can no longer TPC aka change price on anything anymore.
I use to love to change and TPC things for a few days to get things down. They want us to order less They want pricing the same at all targets.

Last edited:
Each cooler only has one rolling green metro; the rest are stationary so you have to physically move stuff around in order to get it to the floor.
The PMT at my store received a work order to put wheels on all of them. He does a few per week right now.

cool. I'll talk with my TL at some point and see if she's got that in the works. Now is probably not a good time with it being Thanksgiving and all (but the current process sure is a pain).

Can anyone explain to me, what is the best way to manage an unlocated produce and meat cooler? When I used to be a PA, we located everything; now only frozen and dairy is located (and certain wacos in produce/meat), and the bulk of produce/meat is unlocated. I understand the idea is to push the stuff daily before trucks, but I don't see an efficient process just yet. Each cooler only has one rolling green metro; the rest are stationary so you have to physically move stuff around in order to get it to the floor. I was told that the TL/PA just walk the floor and make a list of what they want to fill before going to be back and getting it, but that sounds massively inefficient to me.

What's best practice?

This is what I did when I was a PA, (During the Hard-knock, 3 people in Market, for the entire day, era.) I got it done, mostly because I shot HARD research (if it was 3/4 capacity, I would shoot research to pull for it)every........... Every... morning for PFresh (Produce/Meat/Dairy(includes Ambient room). And my personal goal was to have it done and pushed before morning huddle (I was successful 50% of the time with this). And Management deemed it more important that I be at huddle than tend to the Garden so to speak. I got in trouble.

Now I am Signing and spend my stores money :)

Also shooting super research every morning meant your list, to fill, was much, MUCH shorter throughout the day.

Last edited:
Back