Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Not at my store. I think other stores complained cause their sales suck cause we had things lower than them.
I'd have to read the redwire again, but I'm pretty sure that produce TPC is still possible. I think meat and other things require a mysupport asking to stop replenishment on them while working through inventory.

i dont remember

This is what I did when I was a PA, (During the Hard-knock, 3 people in Market, for the entire day, era.) I got it done, mostly because I shot HARD research (if it was 3/4 capacity, I would shoot research to pull for it)every........... Every... morning for PFresh (Produce/Meat/Dairy(includes Ambient room). And my personal goal was to have it done and pushed before morning huddle (I was successful 50% of the time with this). And Management deemed it more important that I be at huddle than tend to the Garden so to speak. I got in trouble.

Now I am Signing and spend my stores money :)

Also shooting super research every morning meant your list, to fill, was much, MUCH shorter throughout the day.
Hard knock? I'd give anything to have it back to that... and minus cafe. -_______________________________-

1 pa for our store 3 peeps on the c&s team. and some delivery days my workload is as big as the dairy shipments.

No help most days for me

Yet the other guy gets recognized at huddle every morning for getting all his dairy done. Did they forget he has 2-3 other people helping him and I don't have anyone???!

On the other hand alot of days I will get all my produce filled and produce pallets done (average 2-3 produce pallets on a friday and 1 big banana pallet, but meat cant get pushed, because I have to leave my shift/or only have time to do my last tasks,which is throwing away all my trask and i need to save 15-20 min to do my produce order. Not ONLY that they usually dont put my meat pallet separate pallet. it's on the bottom of a huge ass dairy pallet. Our team always ends up working on it after 2:30 and they work on that pallet last.

I ask them for help, they say no even though they are there an hour after i leave and clearly have time to fill at least some empty spots. So I end up having to just do it the next day.

at the end of the day I'm blamed regardless for this. YES i work fast and with sense of urgency. But our truck arrives late as well, 11:30 sometimes 12:30..latest we got a shipment was 1:30.

ugh anyone have any of these issues?

Also anyone else keep getting too many of those SUJA drinks no one buys? I have a shitload in the produce cooler. every delivery i grab any of those and flex quick in the healthy drink area we have, so we dont get a huge buildup in the back. Most I end up donating, shit i dont even think the donation company wants them, lately they have been just taking my donated fruit and lettuce and leaving those Suja vinegar drinks on the bottom of out donation bin!

Oh gosh I don't even think our current pFresh team knows what a cleaning log is lol. I'll have to dig it out at some point and be like, remember these? We're still supposed to do these, lol.

Mopped the ambient room; it was probably the first time in months. Yay for progress.

Oh gosh I don't even think our current pFresh team knows what a cleaning log is lol. I'll have to dig it out at some point and be like, remember these? We're still supposed to do these, lol.

Mopped the ambient room; it was probably the first time in months. Yay for progress.
You better start making the cleaning logs up then for at least 3 months because sterotech checks the logs now. The dairy cooler was disgusting I had to mop it 3 times before it looked presentable lol

Here is an excerpt from what Brian Cornell just said.
“We're seeing stability and improvements in food and beverage and a big uptick in produce. We now have produce experts.”

Produce experts then why was the perishable assist position eliminated and downsized to only the same as food team member

I smell some bullshit here.

Ok how are y'alls E2E stores staffed for closing? Right now I'm looking at our normal closing schedule and it's basically the same as we did before E2E (closer 2-10p), and we've sometimes got a mid who stays until 4:30 or 6. BUT. Even though the hours are the same, the expectation is that we pull our own 5pm CAFs AND backstock all the truck from the day. By ourselves. As well as filling the floor, zoning, QMOS, etc.

I get that we own the process, and I don't argue that, but how does it make sense to have your only Market TM be off the floor in the backroom half the night? Isn't the whole point to be visible to the GUESTS and able to answer their questions? I can't sell what's not on the floor, but I also can't help people if they can't find me or I can't find them. It's just $$$ walking out the door.

Next Sunday is probably one of our busiest Sundays of the year and we have ONE closer. Me. 4pm-10pm on my own. If I follow the normal procedure, I will barely be on the floor at all during that time. I fail to see how that is going to help us make our guests happy or sell anything.

I gotta talk to my CTL and figure out what her priorities are. But seriously, is it like this everywhere?

How big are your food trucks, gm, and team? We average 800 piece food 3 days a week and 2000 gm 5/6 days. Most mornings are 5 and a closer with Saturday up to 7 or 8 in the morning.

If we don’t finish backstock, we roll it into the next day and finish.

I get about 600 pieces of food truck 7 days a week with an extra 300 on mon wed fri for freezer. We have 4 TMs and that’s it. 1 opening produce tm was a PA and 1 closing produce tm.

Opening produce tm pushes 3 pallets ( bananas, produce, produce/ meat) then pushes all specialty milks from dairy pallets, then pushes vendor milk get that delivered 3 days a week.
Then fills bananas again turkeys berries

Closer pushes 1 o’clock pulls and fast movers and cleans and zones

The other 4 TMs work to 1 pm and after they finish dry grocery they push dairy then freezer

The struggles are real especially when your store just did 263 k on a Sunday

So what we do is we have 3 team members for dry and each have their valleys separated between them. Flow still pushes juices and pulls the auto cafs from overnight. The morning team pushes those cafs and the uboats. We manage to push both and do the research for the aisles, they then complete the back stock which should not be alot if you consistently are doing research. DC will send you what you need if you research properly, it will be the product for the holes on your sales floor, some fill in depth and for sales planners. It is really important to get those set or you will have ample back stock. It is also absolutely important to make sure capacities are correct and research is getting done or DC will throw whatever your way. We have someone come in from 1-9:45 and they will pull push and back stock the 1s which will also be nothing if you are doing research. Then you will begin to have time for your mid team member to be on the sales floor to assist guests. My DTL brought up a valid point, he said if your sales floor is full guests are only really asking for help on finding things but they will tend to search for it whereas if its out of stock they wont ask to check in the back instead go to our competitors. What I did was make sure that our aisle signs are 100% accurate and if they were then I made the team make sure that we were in stock by doing consistent and constant research then I set the salesplanners and made sure all revisions were up to date. After doing all that thens when we were able to push our entire truck and have minimal backstock and little research pulls. At first it will be rough but after a month it becomes self sufficient. I run a A+ Volume store with me running both PFresh and Dry Market. If you want more details you can message me :)

Can anyone explain to me, what is the best way to manage an unlocated produce and meat cooler? When I used to be a PA, we located everything; now only frozen and dairy is located (and certain wacos in produce/meat), and the bulk of produce/meat is unlocated. I understand the idea is to push the stuff daily before trucks, but I don't see an efficient process just yet. Each cooler only has one rolling green metro; the rest are stationary so you have to physically move stuff around in order to get it to the floor. I was told that the TL/PA just walk the floor and make a list of what they want to fill before going to be back and getting it, but that sounds massively inefficient to me.

What's best practice?

What we do is challenge every rack, all of our rooms have wheels on the racks. We challenge our produce and fresh meat racks first on truck days, all the others rooms we do our pallets first because we dont want pallets to build up. We dont have our best practices down in those rooms that well. But for produce and meat challenge the racks first and then break down the pallets and when you break them down you'll realize what you need and what you dont. The earlier the better for two reasons. One if you are able to challenege all your racks before store opens and still have time before store open you can bring out the entire pallet and work off it. Un locating the rooms what the best idea its just hard if you order too much. Its good to order extra but dont order so much that you wont have room for new product and make the racks extremely heavy. You can message me if you want more details :)

We all must have different kinds of racks, or you really do wheel out the tall green metros onto the floor? I tried wheeling out our egg metro the other day and I ditched it for a tub because it was so tall and I knew I was going to have trouble seeing around it, plus it wouldn't wheel straight. I was afraid I'd hit a guest.

I think that one of our issues just be manpower. I think there's normally not that many people in the morning; maybe 5 but some leave at noon. The most I saw was maybe 6 or 7 to push a huge truck. I don't know the numbers; they're not insanely huge pallets but not small either. We're a B volume.

I could see how having different TMs be assigned to the same aisles/sections would help with the flow of things so it could go faster and we could backstock our own vehicles. We give 8h to the backroom every day to help out, but that's mainly with the dry/GM portion of our truck. They don't touch any of the coolers anymore and won't help pull after 7am. Seems like some of those hours ought to go back to help Market backstock, but what do I know, lol...

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Trying to remind myself that at the end of the day, I'm not responsible, so my main objective is to complete the tasks my CTL gives me. I'll talk to her this week and ask her what her priorities are for the holiday week, but if she still wants me to make sure the backroom comes clean, so be it.

We all must have different kinds of racks, or you really do wheel out the tall green metros onto the floor?
My PMT has said the goal is for every single rack to have wheels and be unlocated. He's been slowly converting ours by cutting a few inches off each leg and adding wheels. They just barely clear the doors (which is why he has to cut them to add wheels).

Is anyone else's Frozen Dairy departments absolutely fucked right now? They send at least 3 palettes of mostly 15 count eggs every day... there's just no way or room... can't forget freight took until 12:30 today because only two of us were left after 11am, which is beyond stupid. I had to take my half right away and I came back to 1 o'clocks, still had eggs to break down, milk to break down, backstock from freight to do, and then 1 o'clocks and that backstock. The guy that I was with left at 1:30.

Just pure chaos is what it is, if I had someone else with me I could have done it all easily. Just hate how no one but me and one other dude can stay past 11am or noon, everyone has their availability set that way too, so that they only work 5 hours from 6am or 7am. Scheduling has always been an issue with our store's frozen dairy department because the PAs come in at 4am-12:30 which is totally fine and understandable, but the ones that have their availability set to 6am-11am are absolute cucks to me.

Today was just a case of so much to do with so little time. I got it all done, got the Dairy Cooler looking clean, but still had one egg palette left over which was just a combination of the first and second palette combined into one after I got as many eggs on uboats or fast racks available. I should have checked and made sure that was what the LOD wanted me to do, I'm afraid they're gonna look inside and see 3 uboats and a fastrack full of eggs and flip tits with one palette left over. If they don't, surely the PA who comes at 4am will lol.

Back