Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Since the eggs are so cheap they should just appreciate the eggs are right there ready to be pushed out lol

I do think they're sending us so many in anticipation of eggs selling super fast. I know it's Monday but we filled eggs around 8:30am and I went back to fill again at about 3pm and eggs weren't even that bad, everything I had stocked was still for the most part there, just had to stock a few boxes and reorganize and touchup and called it good.

My ETLs and LOD were making it sound like what's happening is completely OK, and I mean it's normal and expected to get motherloads of eggs, butter, and pie crusts, but today was just not the day to tell me I should be able to get everything done before 3:30 lol, I stayed until 4 making sure I had everything good and done, filled milk, made space, made the last egg palette accessible, and just tidied up.

For some reason I just can't help but feel like someone walked in after I left and went "what the fuck" but you know what, it's out of my hands now. I was afraid to use any more uboats because of grocery freight the next morning and we already had to use a few of their's this morning. I just feel perhaps they should be scheduling someone else alongside me until 3:30.

Or it might just be I'm just really bad at what I do back there lol, I did everything I needed to do at a good pace, but I still feel like every time I work I just struggle when I'm alone trying to do everything I need to do before x amount of time is up. If freight gets done before noon, I'm always going to be good going on into the day, but 3/4 times it's not and I'm in a rush to get my half done before 1 o'clock so I can be back for everything that needs to be done and usually when freight doesn't get done before noon, we still have milk to fill, eggs to break down and stock, an inside palette of juices and orange juice and almond milks, and if it's a week day, we have milk palettes to also break down.

So maybe I'm just bitching because I'm bad at what I do, or I'm bitching because I get left in undesirable situations lol.

My PMT has said the goal is for every single rack to have wheels and be unlocated. He's been slowly converting ours by cutting a few inches off each leg and adding wheels. They just barely clear the doors (which is why he has to cut them to add wheels).
Oh, good point. Yeah, I'll have to mention it to my TL; maybe after Thanksgiving. Right now we have 3 full green metros of produce + 1 organic (and 2 racks of ambient room stuff); I feel like for our volume pFresh, we should be able to pare those down and challenge out each rack every day instead of making a list and manually filling the floor. Meat is a lot better under control.

I do think they're sending us so many in anticipation of eggs selling super fast. I know it's Monday but we filled eggs around 8:30am and I went back to fill again at about 3pm and eggs weren't even that bad, everything I had stocked was still for the most part there, just had to stock a few boxes and reorganize and touchup and called it good.

My ETLs and LOD were making it sound like what's happening is completely OK, and I mean it's normal and expected to get motherloads of eggs, butter, and pie crusts, but today was just not the day to tell me I should be able to get everything done before 3:30 lol, I stayed until 4 making sure I had everything good and done, filled milk, made space, made the last egg palette accessible, and just tidied up.

For some reason I just can't help but feel like someone walked in after I left and went "what the fuck" but you know what, it's out of my hands now. I was afraid to use any more uboats because of grocery freight the next morning and we already had to use a few of their's this morning. I just feel perhaps they should be scheduling someone else alongside me until 3:30.

Or it might just be I'm just really bad at what I do back there lol, I did everything I needed to do at a good pace, but I still feel like every time I work I just struggle when I'm alone trying to do everything I need to do before x amount of time is up. If freight gets done before noon, I'm always going to be good going on into the day, but 3/4 times it's not and I'm in a rush to get my half done before 1 o'clock so I can be back for everything that needs to be done and usually when freight doesn't get done before noon, we still have milk to fill, eggs to break down and stock, an inside palette of juices and orange juice and almond milks, and if it's a week day, we have milk palettes to also break down.

So maybe I'm just bitching because I'm bad at what I do, or I'm bitching because I get left in undesirable situations lol.
Don't worry grocery is always left I'm an undesirable situation...most of us probably go home and feel like we didn't get enough done. I've been in pfresh for 6 years and am only now starting to stress out less because there's only so much one person can do.

Don't worry grocery is always left I'm an undesirable situation...most of us probably go home and feel like we didn't get enough done. I've been in pfresh for 6 years and am only now starting to stress out less because there's only so much one person can do.
I'm also thinking of reworking the baking dairy end caps so I can add more eggs and the pie crusts to them since we got a ton of those the other day

Guys, I'm going through the SAME situation.

Yesterday, came in at 6, had to do cleaning routiunes for first hour, then second hour 7am fill milk fill bananas (babanas take me 20-25 minutes honestly) You would think it would be quick. But I have to check the bananas, qmos out any that are spotted or bruised(mushy) then stock the 3 locations we have for bananas. I'm left with not even 10 minutes before the store opens to do the cull so i'm usually stuck doing it AFTER the store freaking opens!

Anyone else have the same issue?

Also had to do check dates,then take my meal break, then work on meat/filling bakery table, then our food truck didn't come in until around 12 noon. my manager called me suddenly and said i have to take 2 training courses on the computer and they were due yesterday so minus a half hour, then i had to do the order minus 20 minutes.
I left without touching my produce pallet and meat pallet. Had to leave at 2:30.

I was so stressed because i wanted to get my produce done.

If I have more than enough produce berries the old ones come off get qmosd and donated. I’m not gonna put 3 cases of organic berries into the cooler and leave the old ones on the shelf.

Same with salads if I have baby spinach that expire in 2 days on the shelf and I just got 4 boxes that expire in 7 days those on the shelf come off.
Why put salads in the cooler to sit for 3 days and only get put out with a 3 day shelf life

I work out bananas/ candy pallet from 6am to 6;30. Then berries / meat pallet ftom 6:30 to 7:15 am. Push 3 fast movers of meat 7:15 to 8am coupon meat. At 8 am I break down all the rest of the produce from 8 to 9 am. Take 15 minute break fill sanitizer do check dates to 10 an. At 10 am push specialty milks to 10:30. Then push remaking 3 Uboats of produce from 10:30 to 11:30. Take lunch till noon fill regular milk to 1 pm do order to 1:30. Fill bananas turkeys berries take last 15 min break. Clock out at 2:30 and go home knowing I got everything done.

Last edited:
Is anyone else's Frozen Dairy departments absolutely fucked right now?

Oh definitely feeling the same here. Cleaned out the freezer Thursday for the team, came back Monday to SEVEN tubs of push, backstock, I couldn’t even tell. I told my ETL I refuse to clean it up this time. Backroom can always help with dry but they will not do our coolers for us.

Oh definitely feeling the same here. Cleaned out the freezer Thursday for the team, came back Monday to SEVEN tubs of push, backstock, I couldn’t even tell. I told my ETL I refuse to clean it up this time. Backroom can always help with dry but they will not do our coolers for us.

The amoubt of backstock is unreal. I told my ETL-Food there's no room for all kf these fullcases from freight, still told me to get it done. Alright, just went ahead and backstocked everything on top, had some cases that were touching the ceiling lol.

The amoubt of backstock is unreal. I told my ETL-Food there's no room for all kf these fullcases from freight, still told me to get it done. Alright, just went ahead and backstocked everything on top, had some cases that were touching the ceiling lol.
Everyone keeps joking about me going in the freezer and cleaning it up...I keep finding other things to take care of like for example...the produce table revision was tied but no new labels or anything

Everyone keeps joking about me going in the freezer and cleaning it up...I keep finding other things to take care of like for example...the produce table revision was tied but no new labels or anything

I know, I was also on my way back to my Freezers yesterday and walking through produce and noticed the produce wall all had ads still up for 11/11 or 11/04. I hurriedly took those down for them... how do they not do ad takedown for two days after a whole new ad is out.

I'm off tomorrow...I can't wait to see how much extra stuff I'll have to do Thursday...especially since I did some reorganizing in the produce cooler because the store I'm at now is so behind in the times...it better not get messed up

I'm off tomorrow...I can't wait to see how much extra stuff I'll have to do Thursday...especially since I did some reorganizing in the produce cooler because the store I'm at now is so behind in the times...it better not get messed up
lol, don't mean to laugh but I'm off today Tuesday and I'm in for a lot of work on Wednesday. I sometimes hate being off.

Lol I always hate being off because honestly I'm the only one that knows anything about how e2e is supposed to work and the store as a whole can't figure it out. So I'm off Wednesdays and every other weekend and I just dread to come in and find that milk was never pushed because it smells...like for real?!

Yep...they check to make sure everything has been initialed and dated by team members and LODs. You have to retain up to 3 months worth.

This reminds me of when no LOD's/TMs would sign and all the Initials would be me.... (Including LOD sig half the time...)

I told my ETL-HR if they see ETL Bill Smith (Intials for bullshit). That they would know who signed it :D.

This reminds me of when no LOD's/TMs would sign and all the Initials would be me.... (Including LOD sig half the time...)

I told my ETL-HR if they see ETL Bill Smith (Intials for bullshit). That they would know who signed it :D.
I had to do that for the last 3 months...I'm gonna do that from now on haha I love it

Do we REALLY need to mop the ambient room and produce coolers everyday if the floors already look clean? omg

I still havent mopped our dairy cooler, too much uboats in there. I'm waiting for our team that focus's on dairy to work on those, once it's more clear and I can actually walk in there I can mop. It's definitely dirty in there.

Do we REALLY need to mop the ambient room and produce coolers everyday if the floors already look clean? omg

I still havent mopped our dairy cooler, too much uboats in there. I'm waiting for our team that focus's on dairy to work on those, once it's more clear and I can actually walk in there I can mop. It's definitely dirty in there.
Ambient room I sweep everyday and mop it once a week. The dairy cooler when I started at the store I'm at now I gotta do that one as much as possible because it gets so gross

Mop? What is this mopping you speak of, lol.

A week into my return to pFresh...our logistics side of market is going really, REALLY well. Our cleanliness...not so much. I think we gotta find a happy balance because as nice as it is to challenge out freezer/dairy metros almost every day, maybe we ought to do something about the mold that is all over yogurt and juices at some point, lol.

Mop? What is this mopping you speak of, lol.

A week into my return to pFresh...our logistics side of market is going really, REALLY well. Our cleanliness...not so much. I think we gotta find a happy balance because as nice as it is to challenge out freezer/dairy metros almost every day, maybe we ought to do something about the mold that is all over yogurt and juices at some point, lol.
Lol exactly. I freaked out when I transferred to this store...it looked like the dairy cooler hadn't been mopped in a couple years.

It PAINS me. I want very badly to just dig in and clean it all myself, but there's no time and I can't make time because I ain't in charge.

I've also gotten the distinct impression that the store as a whole kind of dumps on Market these days. It's pretty easy to do when so much of what we do is in the ambient room/coolers and thus out of sight, out of mind. Back when I was a PA, I would frequently have to give push back from various new TLs/ETLs who wanted to make sweeping changes/rules about various processes and procedures. I'd have to explain to them why it didn't work, and either find another solution or get support from my TL/ETL. Now, a few years later, I can see where people have come in and decreed "law" and nobody was around to push back...a lot of our convenience/help aids have been taken away, and we're being forced to use the ambient room for milk crate and fixture storage. No wonder nobody can sweep/mop in there, because it's always so full of vehicles and crap that you can barely walk through. It seems like ETL's are more concerned about having a "clean" backroom than they are actually letting us use our space the way we're supposed to.

I have a plan for cleaning and I tell all the LODs about it and by the next day they've already forgotten about it and say you need to set all of these market sales planners. Ugh

Oh, I wanted to ask, how does everyone handle where to put frequently used tools/items during the day? I'm talking about bakery date guns, shelf label covers, plastic bag tags, gloves/paper towels step ladder, etc.

Our backroom is clear on the other side of the store from pFresh, so we used to keep a 3 tier on the floor to hold frequently used cleaning/zoning items so we could fix problems immediately without having to run back and forth to the ambient room. It was also a place we could toss QMOS/reshop temporarily so we could get it off the shelves as we found it so we could look more brand. The stepladder was a big deal because then there was no excuse not to zone/date check properly because shelves were too high.

However, a few years back I guess somebody decided we couldn't keep the 3tier on the floor anymore, and now everything is in the backroom. Our cleaning closets on the salesfloor are rarely stocked so I'm forced to pretty much ignore/abandon issues as I see them because I don't have the tools to fix it right away, and I usually forget/get pulled away to something else before I can get back to it. I could see us being able to keep pFresh looking at least 50% more clean and brand if only our stuff was more accessable during the day.

Has anyone else had this problem, and what is your solution? I've been trying to wrack my brain for an alternate solution, but I can't think of anything beyond some sort of box on the floor (not good). Right now people have been stashing our bakery gun ON the bakery table in an old cardboard box, which I think looks awful.

I’ve been using the underneath of our produce table for a lot of storage. Chalkboard signing, baskets, extra cleaning supplies... it’s like a second ambient room under there.

Also, you guys should check with your PMTs. I think that the regular mopping of the ambient room falls under housekeeping. The coolers are ours and we do our best to mop them every couple of weeks, but the ambient gets done weekly by our cleaning crew.

Back