Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Ooh, you mean you just move one of the boxes away and there's space under there? I should look and see; that might be an option.

Yeah no, our housekeeping can barely get the trash off the store floor; there's no way they're touching any of our areas. I remember back in the day they'd drag a mop through the ambient room occasionally but that was rare even then.

Yeah, stick two plastic pallets under there and store stuff on em. If you’re not already using the underneath for storage of the grower box inserts, your back room will thank you.

Ohh, even better. We've just been stacking them in the backroom but if I can get them off the floor and get me some storage space at the same time...

My PMT has said the goal is for every single rack to have wheels and be unlocated. He's been slowly converting ours by cutting a few inches off each leg and adding wheels. They just barely clear the doors (which is why he has to cut them to add wheels).
Every rack should be on wheels honestly, pull instead of pull if youre concerned about guests just be careful but it is much eaiser to take the entire rack then to break it down.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

There’s more on a rack to the left from our C&S push. Already mysupported it. There’s so god damn much. We get more than we sell and it’s replenished (what seems like) ever time we sell one or two of a flavor/type.

This looks like a picture of our dairy cooler, pet food rack! Very similar!!

Good lord, haha. At least your supplier keeps you in non-MP eggs...our SB and brand eggs are always super sold down and empty. They only send a case once were down to 2 or 3 cartons and the shelves always look bare and empty.

Question! I'm looking for some advice for working in the freezer, mainly when doing pulls.

I layer up my clothes so my body is generally warm while I work in the freezer, but my fingertips always freeze after 10-15m no matter what I do. I DO wear gloves (I have thin work gloves that I double up with mittens) but the problem is that I always have to have one fingertip with only the thin rubber glove exposed, because otherwise the MyDevice won't let me select the quantity and move on to different items. I HATE the touchscreen in the freezer but we can't use the PDA anymore and I don't think using the sled on theMyDevice will help.

Any advice for working in the freezer without freezing my fingertips off every time?

Question! I'm looking for some advice for working in the freezer, mainly when doing pulls.

I layer up my clothes so my body is generally warm while I work in the freezer, but my fingertips always freeze after 10-15m no matter what I do. I DO wear gloves (I have thin work gloves that I double up with mittens) but the problem is that I always have to have one fingertip with only the thin rubber glove exposed, because otherwise the MyDevice won't let me select the quantity and move on to different items. I HATE the touchscreen in the freezer but we can't use the PDA anymore and I don't think using the sled on theMyDevice will help.

Any advice for working in the freezer without freezing my fingertips off every time?

Well, usually what I do is layer on like 3 gloves per hand, and just use the PDA, but you can't use PDAs so I'm not 100% sure. I'd hate to suggest buying your own gloves with touch capability for something you're only in for 20 minutes each shift lol

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

There’s more on a rack to the left from our C&S push. Already mysupported it. There’s so god damn much. We get more than we sell and it’s replenished (what seems like) ever time we sell one or two of a flavor/type.

I'd actually scream. FDC Shipments have been so fucking crazy lately, I've bitched enough about it but 5 egg palettes a day, alongside 3-4 milk palettes, + regular Dairy freight makes for literally no room, and our full case backstock is stacked to the ceiling almost every single spot. Even worse... our dairy is now cluttered with uboats full of butter and other full cases because we've run out of room for all of the butter FDC sends us. We have a dedicated uboat with a temp location for all of our market pantry salted and unsalted butter.

Kill me?

Well, usually what I do is layer on like 3 gloves per hand, and just use the PDA, but you can't use PDAs so I'm not 100% sure. I'd hate to suggest buying your own gloves with touch capability for something you're only in for 20 minutes each shift lol
That's what I used to do, but yeah, touchscreen now (because CAFs aren't even available on the PDA software anymore). I DID buy my own gloves with touch capability that I wear my whole shift (because I have XS hands and I decided that suffering through giant knit gloves all day was not worth it) but it doesn't help me in the freezer because I can't layer anything underneath them.

I just use knit touch screen gloves and some ‘fingerless yoga gloves’ over those so I have some grip. Biggest tip is just hustling, moving faster than fast enough to keep the blood flowing!

I just use knit touch screen gloves and some ‘fingerless yoga gloves’ over those so I have some grip. Biggest tip is just hustling, moving faster than fast enough to keep the blood flowing!
Stay in longer if you want some free cool sculpting you’ll freeze the fat off.

Does anyone have the Pfresh Routines checklist document? I've been looking for it everywhere but workbench's link to it is no longer available :( miss that sucker

It’s different now. Should be in the GOM rollout resources now. Try searching grocery expectations and routines or something along those lines.

Oh, please try to negotiate pay if you haven’t been formally job offered yet. You’re taking on the hardest TL role in the store, you should be paid like it.

Still have 3 freezer pallets left from Monday and today got 2 dairy, 2 produce and 1 banana pallet. And no one has back stocked all weekend in the coolers.

Well it’s 4 th quarter as usual. We did 52 k over sales on Sunday did 292 k on goal of 240 k. And Monday did 236 k on goal of 200 k.

No way to keep up with these sales.

Im Sitting on 8 pallets of freezer, 4 pallets of dairy and 2 pallets of dairy and my team is dropping like flies. They have such bad work ethics because my ETL doesnt know how to hire. Its been delightful but we been killing sales but then certain days we dont make sales because theres nothing on the floor to sell smh

Back