Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Why do vendors always leave their cardboard on the sales floor? Even when they do take it to the baler, there is always at least a few boxes or wads of plastic wrap left behind on the sales floor. Or, my favorite, they just leave 1-2 boxes of product on the floor next to the 4 ft section they were working on, because it's not like anyone walks through these aisles right??

If it's not often and it's only a few, I would pick them up. If it's often and/or a lot, then that's when you hold them responsible. I would talk to them and remind them that they have trash on the floor. If they have stuff blocking the aisles, I would take their stuff to the backroom. I can be childish and when I feel like that, I would leave the cardboxes on their pallets. If it's really bad, I would tell my Tl and she would call the sales representative or whoever their boss is.

If they're working in the aisle, I'll let them be as long as they're not blocking the aisle or their stuff doesn't bother the guest from shopping.

I can be childish and when I feel like that, I would leave the cardboxes on their pallets.
I don't think that's really childish, it's more of a reminder for the next time they come in to remember to take care of their trash.

I had a Mission sales representative fill an entire section with his Mission tortillas. I seldon see him, so I took all the ones that he put on our brand's spaces and hid them in the backroom unlocated. I only did that once or twice (with a different vendor). Can't really do that often as I think that would actually get me into trouble.

For stores that have a successful market process, what would you say as been the number one contributions to your success? We were doing well and have fallen apart. Would to help guide that team.
push first and then do backstock. guests are angry that we dont have product on the floor not that there isnt anyone to help really. We are wasting time and increasing footsteps by pushing a uboat and the backstock. And have research pushed asap to fill those wholes. guests see whole and think a store is unreliable. I ran a store that is doing a 5% overall grocery comp and our process and guests are very happy

On Monday I am leading TINV. While I remember how to access the application on Workbech, I forget how to transfer the audits into the PDA or Zebra. Does anyone know how you do it?

Same here I'm the one and only doing tinv on Monday. After you check all the missing items and submit that should take a lot out of the red.
Then I think click on sn item that's still in red and I think it should give you sn audit on the pda. Not sure but I believe the application has a guide to look at and instructions.

Good luck I always finish early. Before Monday try to get some of your counts down to actual numbers like bananas strawberries they are akways too high for the on hands.
And don't order a lot for Sunday or Monday

On Monday I am leading TINV. While I remember how to access the application on Workbech, I forget how to transfer the audits into the PDA or Zebra. Does anyone know how you do it?

All you the info on counts are on TINV application via workbench. TINV will tell you what to count and what you are missing, play around with the app until the counts go green.
Thanks
Frosty

I had a Mission sales representative fill an entire section with his Mission tortillas. I seldon see him, so I took all the ones that he put on our brand's spaces and hid them in the backroom unlocated. I only did that once or twice (with a different vendor). Can't really do that often as I think that would actually get me into trouble.

that will actually just help him because he will think theyre selling and order more lol, just put them back where the vendor backstock is, keep doing it and if you see him tel him to stop because that isnt his space and no one told him to put it there

that will actually just help him because he will think theyre selling and order more lol, just put them back where the vendor backstock is, keep doing it and if you see him tel him to stop because that isnt his space and no one told him to put it there

Yuo but I would imagine, like Frito Lays and Pepperidge, they have their numbers to see whether they were making sales or not. At least that's what they tell me when they make sales.

Yuo but I would imagine, like Frito Lays and Pepperidge, they have their numbers to see whether they were making sales or not. At least that's what they tell me when they make sales.
I think all that they have is their sales to stores. If we're selling more of their product, they can sell more to us. If we have the product hidden somewhere and they order according to what they see, they're making their sales but you're now stuck with all that product.

Talk to the mission vendor and tell him not to merchandise in space that isn't him. It usually only takes the one time for them to stop. You're taking away from his paycheck by forcing credits by not having the product on the floor. If he does it again, that's when you take the product to the back. Don't hide it, put it in plain view and let your receiver know about it so they can harass them too.

I think all that they have is their sales to stores. If we're selling more of their product, they can sell more to us. If we have the product hidden somewhere and they order according to what they see, they're making their sales but you're now stuck with all that product.

Talk to the mission vendor and tell him not to merchandise in space that isn't him. It usually only takes the one time for them to stop. You're taking away from his paycheck by forcing credits by not having the product on the floor. If he does it again, that's when you take the product to the back. Don't hide it, put it in plain view and let your receiver know about it so they can harass them too.

I do, thank you, and I've told my TL. As I've said. I've only done it only once with him and he hasn't done it again. Not as I can see since.

Do you guys still use tubs for any food backstock? Was told today that we are no longer allowed to use tubs for any of our backstock. Supposedly we are getting more metro racks and U-boats to support this, with wacos in them.

While (for the most part) I am willing for change, I'm not sure why they would implement this before we get the needed vehicles. We have 3 metro racks we can use, and we can not use any U-Boats or the morning unload won't have any for dry market. As of right now, we don't have the manpower or hours to backstock our push either. Just crazy times.

Anybody get their new coupons last month, or are they mia? Ctl is being a witch because last time they were dropped off ups and receiver hid them in my space without telling me... but I don't have shit.

Anybody get their new coupons last month, or are they mia? Ctl is being a witch because last time they were dropped off ups and receiver hid them in my space without telling me... but I don't have shit.
yes we got ours they are a brown ugly color. started using them about the end of August around the 27th.

Do you guys still use tubs for any food backstock? Was told today that we are no longer allowed to use tubs for any of our backstock. Supposedly we are getting more metro racks and U-boats to support this, with wacos in them.

While (for the most part) I am willing for change, I'm not sure why they would implement this before we get the needed vehicles. We have 3 metro racks we can use, and we can not use any U-Boats or the morning unload won't have any for dry market. As of right now, we don't have the manpower or hours to backstock our push either. Just crazy times.
i use TUBS only for Bakery in the freezer, we currently do not back stock BAKERY. We have 1 tub of Halloween, 1 Tub of Breakfast / cookies and 1 metro of bread and kings Hawaiian.

ohh metros with wacos in them sounds amazing please send some to my store.

I ordered more U boats since having both c&s trucks and dry trucks one the same day just created a hassle on who gets the vehicles.
No hassle here everyone works dry till finished then comes to dairy then freezers if there is anyone left scheduled lol
And we have dry and FDC truck 7 days a week.

yea but those numbers are actually based off of how much theyre bringing in so they could bring in like 100 nacho cheese doritos but all of them are backstock and none of them sell at your store and they can show you that theyre doing top nacho cheese dorito sales in your store. I always 101 percent of the time use either the inventroy tracking application on workbench when checking how many sell or use myperformance. I never go based of their numbers because you never known how accurate they really are. we wanna see whats moving in our store not what we have in our store. vendors will always try to push in as much product into the store as they can but you gotta control it while giving them space. theyre a key factor in your business they will stock merchandise zone backstock all their product so might as well take advantage of that but only give space to products that move or its a waste of space given that could have been used for a sales planner or hq bulk push

we use tubs to place backstock on in the backroom but when on the salesfloor the team is suppose to keep their backstock on the uboat. if they dont have room theyre allowed to put it on the side on the floor till they have room on their uboat to place it on there. there shouldnt be any tubs or flats in market on the sales floor. only uboats

@groceryteamlead is there a way to tell if a vendor item was bulk ordered by corporate? We have constant issues with Mondelez bringing in far too much product, and their favorite excuse is that it was ordered by Target and they have to bring it in.

A pallet of seasonal Oreos I can kind of understand...But things like a half pallet of Belvita just make no sense.

You realize this is a company that destroyed perfectly fine, wooden fixtures with Food, to replace with Cardboard, fake wood boxes, to sell produce on the floor. Which will be replaced "At some point in the future, when we can get the real ones".

@groceryteamlead is there a way to tell if a vendor item was bulk ordered by corporate? We have constant issues with Mondelez bringing in far too much product, and their favorite excuse is that it was ordered by Target and they have to bring it in.

A pallet of seasonal Oreos I can kind of understand...But things like a half pallet of Belvita just make no sense.
Whenever target bulk orders something they post it in Merchandise Update or they will send out a redwire. Check merchandise update on workbench. It is on the left links. To check redwire it is also on the left hand side links, click that and log in when logging in, log in and select all department and scroll through it every so often. This is target HQ's way of contacting us. Merchandise update usually has if there will be a bulk push. Mondelez bringing in half a pallet of Belvita isnt something I heard was needed but Seasonal oreos are to be pushed to store in bulk. Three specific types, theyre on the merchandise update. What I would say if they keep bringing in alot of product is get in contact with the merchandiser and if he has to bring in bulk that was "pushed by target" he should contact you first and then if you see no alerts for that bulk push, mysupport it and ask them because they can directly tell you. To me it sounds like they're sending too much

Lol I do know how to use redwire, just haven't seen anything about bulk vendor orders on it before. I did not think about the merch update, so I will keep that in mind.

The merchandiser is a ghost. He comes in late in the evening (according to the vendor log) but nobody has ever actually seen him. We had to refuse every order for over a month just to get him to go through the overflowing backstock area and work it out and credit the expired stuff.

Is anyone else having tons of problems with C and S? They're late to our store almost everyday and when they do finally show up, pallets are broken all across the truck. I've my supported them like 4-5 times in the past 2 months,

Back