Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Everything is so messed up right now. I worked the closing 12pm to 8:30pm shift today (day 3 of 6 day stretch), and when I left there were 3 untouched pallets of C&S from Thursday left over and 4 U-boats of dry grocery truck. The only C&S that got worked today was a metro of frozen, metro of bake (some of which I believe is from Tuesday), and the meat off of the meat and eggs pallet. On weekends I basically never have any time for additional tasks. My entire day is taken up by pulling, pushing, and/or backstocking the morning Autofills, the 1 oclocks, 5 oclocks, and any Market EXFs or Research batches in the gun, processing qmos, and pushing the reshop before I leave (which I have been told is the most important thing that I must make sure is 100 percent done by the time I leave). Today I didn't even get all of that done, the LOD had a HL TM pushing most of the dry CAFs and EXFs, and I ended up just leaving that backstock in the dry grocery stockroom.

It's just funny because it's Labor Day weekend, and that's the priorities of Target. It's also funny to me because I spend so much time going back and forth between the 4 PFresh backroom coolers and the dry stockroom, which are in 3 different corners of my store. If I had been pushing C&S I could have pushed out 3x what I pushed out in CAFs, but because I'm having to go all over the place pulling and backstocking I end up spending all of my day feeling like nothing's getting done.

Everything is so messed up right now. I worked the closing 12pm to 8:30pm shift today (day 3 of 6 day stretch), and when I left there were 3 untouched pallets of C&S from Thursday left over and 4 U-boats of dry grocery truck. The only C&S that got worked today was a metro of frozen, metro of bake (some of which I believe is from Tuesday), and the meat off of the meat and eggs pallet. On weekends I basically never have any time for additional tasks. My entire day is taken up by pulling, pushing, and/or backstocking the morning Autofills, the 1 oclocks, 5 oclocks, and any Market EXFs or Research batches in the gun, processing qmos, and pushing the reshop before I leave (which I have been told is the most important thing that I must make sure is 100 percent done by the time I leave). Today I didn't even get all of that done, the LOD had a HL TM pushing most of the dry CAFs and EXFs, and I ended up just leaving that backstock in the dry grocery stockroom.

It's just funny because it's Labor Day weekend, and that's the priorities of Target. It's also funny to me because I spend so much time going back and forth between the 4 PFresh backroom coolers and the dry stockroom, which are in 3 different corners of my store. If I had been pushing C&S I could have pushed out 3x what I pushed out in CAFs, but because I'm having to go all over the place pulling and backstocking I end up spending all of my day feeling like nothing's getting done.

I understand, my team is a clusterfuck when I'm not there pushing with them. LOD called saying there were only two dry u boats left when in actuality there was random stuff in all the rooms. I ended up pushing 6 palllets of beverage and a second cull rather than finishing dry backstock.

Don't feel too discouraged when you feel you can't manage it all especially on a holiday weekend. Do what you believe has to get done enough that little tasks don't get too overwhelming.

Last edited:
Food TLs: What do your weekly schedules look like? How often do you actually get to work with your team?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to call for credit, what information they need from us and what we can call credit for. I tried calling for credit for an item that was sent to us and was not on file on the freezer pallet but she said we could not do that. Can someone just give me the full break down. They are trying to get more credit for the merchandise we receive and my ETL doesnt know how and has left it on me, but I just became a team lead and dont know myself since my trainer didnt get a chance to call for credit.
Thanks

I find that freezer is kind of difficult to do credit on because they don't have the pick label on it like dairy does. I usually just print a rewrap ticket and try to make some money if that doesn't work it just gets donated.

Yep, the time you spend trying to credit something probably costs more than you donating it.

Fuck the new chalk board signs for the new produce tables. We have to start these in 2 weeks and keep up with them. To me it will take about 2 hours extra a day who has time for that.
You will go grow to love them. And I want your new coolers. Ours are old and they need fixing constantly. :eek::oops:

I mean, how do you acknowledge these deliveries? For when there is no one in receiving. And also I'd like to learn how. Thank you.

For basic deliveries i.e. Vendors that don't need a P.O.# you take their receipts, take the red stamp and stamp their receipts.

From there, PDA under the Receive app input the invoice # or PO (sometimes it's tricky to find usually at the top, occasionally the app is stubborn)

Follow the prompts. Date, verify date, number of 'cartons/cases' they are bringing in.

It will ask you scan each item. Literally scan each dpci and input how many EACHES they have.

Tap 'No more items'

Make absolutely sure the number of EACHES matches what's on their invoice. Because that is the on hands that will show up in your inventory. Proceed to 'Close Recepit'

Jot down the receipt number, eaches, on both of their receipts, initial. You keep a copy and they keep a copy.

Take your time, don't let them rush you.

Any big deliveries like FRITO-LAY or SODA you can scan their barcode in Receive and *ping* it's done. Stamp paperwork with Black Date Stamp.

Last edited:
Saw this in my store and was wondering if it was now part of the E2E process. I was walking past an endcap and they had pushed cake mix by just ripping off the perforated top of the box and setting the case on the shelf. I personally think it looks super messy and gives off a Save A Lot vibe, but I didn't know if this was how is supposed to be done now or if someone was just lazy.

Saw this in my store and was wondering if it was now part of the E2E process. I was walking past an endcap and they had pushed cake mix by just ripping off the perforated top of the box and setting the case on the shelf. I personally think it looks super messy and gives off a Save A Lot vibe, but I didn't know if this was how is supposed to be done now or if someone was just lazy.

Yeah this is started with the grocery operating model (aka end to end). It's called a cut case and is more efficient to push and makes it easier to rotate product (FEFO). I actually really like it, especially with canned items - it's so much faster to push and zone even if it doesn't look as nice.

I'm not a fan of it, personally, but it is quite the time saver for canned items that come something like 48 to the case. I do not think it should be used for endcaps, though. I understand the need to save time on each truck with the main aisles, but it's worth taking the time to make endcaps look brand, not sloppy.

For basic deliveries i.e. Vendors that don't need a P.O.# you take their receipts, take the red stamp and stamp their receipts.

From their, in the PDA under the Receive app input the invoice # or PO (sometimes it's tricky to find usually at the top, occasionally the app is stubborn)

Follow the prompts. Date, verify date, number of 'cartons/cases' they are bringing in.

It will ask you scan each item. Literally scan each dpci and input how many EACHES they have.

Tap 'No more items'

Make absolutely sure the number of EACHES matches what's on their invoice. Because that is the on hands that will show up in your inventory. Proceed to 'Close Recepit'

Jot down the receipt number, eaches, on both of their receipts, initial. You keep a copy and they keep a copy.

Take your time, don't let them rush you.

Any big deliveries like FRITO-LAY or SODA you can scan their barcode in Receive and *ping* it's done. Stamp paperwork with Black Date Stamp.

Thank you so much. Gonna try that next time they need help. Thank you!

For stores that have a successful market process, what would you say as been the number one contributions to your success? We were doing well and have fallen apart. Would to help guide that team.

For stores that have a successful market process, what would you say as been the number one contributions to your success? We were doing well and have fallen apart. Would to help guide that team.
Former backroom TMs who hustle to get everything done every day. Occasionally some food truck gets rolled over to the next day, but not more than a pallet and the dry push and backstock is always 100% done.

Lol firing people at Target. People almost never ever get fired at my store, you have to NCNS multiple times, throw something at a guest, or steal, those are the only ways I've heard of. (AP gets fired easily, but that's different.)

There's so much turnover and they are desperate to hire and keep people. Most new hires are 18 or 19, and they don't work very hard and they call out a lot. I don't get mad though, it's hard to blame them really, they still live with their parents and if they call out it's not like they are gonna be short on rent.

I assume by "get rid of slow TMs" you just mean "move them to another workcenter."

Lol firing people at Target. People almost never ever get fired at my store, you have to NCNS multiple times, throw something at a guest, or steal, those are the only ways I've heard of. (AP gets fired easily, but that's different.)

There's so much turnover and they are desperate to hire and keep people. Most new hires are 18 or 19, and they don't work very hard and they call out a lot. I don't get mad though, it's hard to blame them really, they still live with their parents and if they call out it's not like they are gonna be short on rent.

I assume by "get rid of slow TMs" you just mean "move them to another workcenter."
Yes move slow TMs to cashier

Does anyone use their vendor scoreboard? My store hasn't used it in a year and I want to pick it up again. Are there ways to add vendors to the vendor survey as well?

Back