Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Anyone have the SAP number for the 4 foot banana shams?
There's a lot on there and I don't want to wait for it to show up and be the wrong one.

My stl and dtl made my dairy endcap a wine endcap :( they even turned one of my freezer endcaps into a beer/ salsa one and it doesn't sell :,( :,(

Not surprised, I received Wine/Liquor/Bar CSE's (The biggest signs in the store) for Market. I let MySupport know that it is illegal to sell that in my state.

Received a new one a week late. Our Overlords, I believe are some people we could party with, off the clock of course. (Those people who are only fun when they are drunk).

My tl is going to training on Thursday for something about produce planter boxes... anyone know about it?
My store is one of the few in our area that recently got them.
They're called grower boxes. They're cardboard with a wood graphic on them. In the future, stores will receive ones made from real wood. Your produce table will go away and be replaced by one of the tables that go back in seasonal for things like the halloween and christmas sets. On top of them will be cardboard "crates" that you can stack and tilt to display fruit.
The boxes, in essence, are the same that we get occasionally for things like melons and avacados, but you'll get an insert to actually hold the fruit. These are replaceable and you should always have extra on hand.
I'll PM you a picture of ours tomorrow.

Finally sat down with my tl and etl to discuss backstocking out freezer and dairy cooler.. it's too much to keep expecting the team to push all our freezer and dairy racks before our trucks and would be better to have a research routine down for our coolers. Will keep our fresh meat and our produce not backstocked since those Dont take long to push :) will keep updated

:(Any stores that manage to do both diary and freezer within 3-4 hours? Our Log TL just flipped our process backwards and expects both dairy and freezer to be done by 8 not taking into account the fact that we purge 10 unlocated produce racks and 7 dairy racks. We only have maybe 5 TM's total on any given morning. I've tried telling them the struggle with not having enough smart carts, u boats for breakdown and not having space to break down the pallets but I just can't see it working out.

Last edited:
Just curious how this compares to others. My Lead expects me to be able to take care of all the culling and be on top of expiration dates, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that even does it. Take care of all of the pills that drop into the coolers. All of the rigs for market, receive all of the pallets of the truck. Every Sunday I'm left on my own to do the ad and everything else there is to do that comes with the area. Then whenever he has projects in the area I'm to make sure I follow up with the team and get it done. My team consists of three team members in dry only two of which are competent. One dairy team member and on frozen at night. The two team members in the coolers cause me much headaches by never actually rotating out the product properly or push out the meat causing problems where steritech will rip me a new one.

/rant over

We had to leave 4 carts of dry pulls today plus lots of back stock for dry grocery cause our back room market tm is slow as shit. At least my dairy produce and freezer are clean and all pushed and back stocked.

I coupond the gold n plump chicken breast expiring on the 9 th we have 3 boxes in the back
They are selling at 3.79 now after the 2 dollars off.

I rotated my salads so that not too many on the fast movers rest went to donation. I don't coupon these cause guest switch the coupons.

I've been tpc'ing products 5 days out and on the 2nd and last day before being donated I coupon since they never come in when I order more. Usual c&s day I have 9 team members for the whole day, 7 for c&s, 1 as a mid to do the 1pm cafs and then help c&s and finally a 6pm closer to zone pfresh fill bake table and do juices.

Just curious how this compares to others. My Lead expects me to be able to take care of all the culling and be on top of expiration dates, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that even does it. Take care of all of the pills that drop into the coolers. All of the rigs for market, receive all of the pallets of the truck. Every Sunday I'm left on my own to do the ad and everything else there is to do that comes with the area. Then whenever he has projects in the area I'm to make sure I follow up with the team and get it done. My team consists of three team members in dry only two of which are competent. One dairy team member and on frozen at night. The two team members in the coolers cause me much headaches by never actually rotating out the product properly or push out the meat causing problems where steritech will rip me a new one.

/rant over

You're making me relive all the bad memories. Sounds how it was with my former TL, the lazy ass, idiotic TL!

Look what's coming with my remodel next week

image.jpg

You know, one of the stores in my area has those boxes and I thought they looked really clean and convenient; easy to stock and maintain. Idk how they work in real life, but to my untrained eye they didn't look bad. And they had SO MANY PUSHERS in grocery!!!!!! It was so beautiful I wanted to cry, haha

:(Any stores that manage to do both diary and freezer within 3-4 hours? Our Log TL just flipped our process backwards and expects both dairy and freezer to be done by 8 not taking into account the fact that we purge 10 unlocated produce racks and 7 dairy racks. We only have maybe 5 TM's total on any given morning. I've tried telling them the struggle with not having enough smart carts, u boats for breakdown and not having space to break down the pallets but I just can't see it working out.
our store manages to finish it in 4ish hours. so we come in at 5 am and immediately push freezer. we get it twice a week, mondays we get 2 pallets and then fridays we get three pallets stacked. since there's normally like 7 of us there we all bowl freezer finish that up and then we split up. 2 in dry and the rest in dairy/produce. we normally finish dairy by the time lunch hits if not then we have like one or two uboats left when we get back from lunch. usually after freezer is done being pushed we send one of the fastest backstockers into freezer to finish backstocking that as much as she can. then once we finish dairy whoever is left finishes backstock in dairy, pushes the produce pallets, researches, qmos, opens market.

When I came into close yesterday, I got told by a guest that all the bagged cucumbers were moldy. She was right. Also found squashed apples at the bottom of apple baskets. While it is very easy to rush through things and think everything is alright, a deep cull where everything is thoroughly checked is essential. The Food IQ app can help an inexperienced team member recognize what should be kept and what should be qmosed.

I've been out of Spot for a few years...I was wondering if someone could explain exactly how E2E changes Market processes? I know that there's a dedicated Market team that does *all* of the work (flow, backstock, etc.) so does that mean there's just a bigger Market team and PA's still do generally the same thing, just with a larger team? Or what. I might go back to Spot this fall and I'd like to work in Market again but I dunno what the system is like these days. I was a PA when I left Spot.

I've been out of Spot for a few years...I was wondering if someone could explain exactly how E2E changes Market processes? I know that there's a dedicated Market team that does *all* of the work (flow, backstock, etc.) so does that mean there's just a bigger Market team and PA's still do generally the same thing, just with a larger team? Or what. I might go back to Spot this fall and I'd like to work in Market again but I dunno what the system is like these days. I was a PA when I left Spot.
Grocery TMs are expected to do almost everything that Flow and PAs can do. In theory, there should be enough TMs to handle FDC/dry truck push, research, all pulls, all backstock, and PA stuff.

i have a question for all you market team members: since we started E2E are you guys still responsible for answering back up calls?

at my store we were basically exempt from answering back up calls because we're always busy or we always have time sensitive product out on the floor. there's exceptions like when they desperately need it, but even still we rarely go back up.

i have a question for all you market team members: since we started E2E are you guys still responsible for answering back up calls?

at my store we were basically exempt from answering back up calls because we're always busy or we always have time sensitive product out on the floor. there's exceptions like when they desperately need it, but even still we rarely go back up.
I RARELY GO UP. o_O for those reasons. But other TM's will go willy nilly when they have a huge vehicle and spend half their shift up there. :eek:

Back