Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Stores can absolutely stop people from transferring for exactly that reason.

My store is perpetually understaffed, so transfers out are denied every time unless the TM is moving out of the area.

Why wouldn't they be able to do that?
Your store probably wouldn't have any cashiers if that were the case.

all i was told was,m when the STL from the other store called my STL out for that thats what was said ne my STL changed right around and became a pleasant peach to the transfering TMs.

Tuesday the team worked out the produce from Sunday... basically every time the produce pallets from C&S roll over. The one useless PA, who is on the TL bench and is just waiting to get transferred, forgot to do the order *again,* so I had to do it yesterday.

Apparently, the morning team didn't actually push produce from before, they just pushed out the Sunday load first, so now there is an absurd amount of old produce sitting in there. I hedged and ordered as little as I could, hopefully there aren't a ton of outs over the weekend but the good PA told me it's okay to underorder on some things, because we are getting swamped by people doing bad overorders.

It's hard to do a good order if all the produce you order won't be pushed for 2-3 days after it comes, haha.

tell bad PA that unless they are FOR SURE getting a lead spot at another store the bench means shit and they can be taken off the bench if its seen that they dont work.

So since I'm new here, I just want to see where everyone is in their rollout so *maybe* I can take some ideas back to my store AND not feel like we're drowning

For reference we typically make about 70,000 a day with weekends around 100,000.

So on our truck days we typically have the PA and then 2 or 3 dry grocery team members. Then we will have a closing PA and FDC team member. PA is usually solely responsibly for running our fast movers from produce, dairy, and meat while other team members do uboats or pulls. On non truck days, usually it's just the PA doing autofills and pushing with maybe a mid day person and then the typical closing team.

As one of the PA (we have 2 full time then a back up), I always feel like it's hard, especially when we have call ins and they move me from Pfresh to dry grocery or call me to other parts if the store since I can GSA, do service desk, and cafe. We don't really do any planograms except for some end caps. I see our softlines which is end to end now is picking up on pricing and the already do their VAs so I feel like grocery is falling behind.

Any wise words would be welcome. Also ask questions if I wasn't clear as I'm half asleep right now.

So since I'm new here, I just want to see where everyone is in their rollout so *maybe* I can take some ideas back to my store AND not feel like we're drowning

For reference we typically make about 70,000 a day with weekends around 100,000.

So on our truck days we typically have the PA and then 2 or 3 dry grocery team members. Then we will have a closing PA and FDC team member. PA is usually solely responsibly for running our fast movers from produce, dairy, and meat while other team members do uboats or pulls. On non truck days, usually it's just the PA doing autofills and pushing with maybe a mid day person and then the typical closing team.
you have two closers? One of the big changes with the rollout was that there would be no more closer. Everyone from market should be out by 8 or 830. Pushers should take care of most of the zone. Moving that closing team to opening or mid shifts would help get a lot more done during the day.

Well we don't close until 10 anymore . I think usually the PA is here 2 pm or 3 pm to 9 pm or 930 pm then the other person is there 5 pm to 9 pm because our FDC comes between 5 and 9 (usually by 8 but man oh man they've come like at 845). If the truck came early enough I would say one closer was good enough on non frozen days so that the morning team could zone and all. We usually only get 100 to 150 pieces on non frozen days for reference. I might suggest it since we have some sway on the FDC since they're so close. Besides if it comes late the morning team usually ends up with a pallet or two anyway.
you have two closers? One of the big changes with the rollout was that there would be no more closer. Everyone from market should be out by 8 or 830. Pushers should take care of most of the zone. Moving that closing team to opening or mid shifts would help get a lot more done during the day.

Well we don't close until 10 anymore . I think usually the PA is here 2 pm or 3 pm to 9 pm or 930 pm then the other person is there 5 pm to 9 pm because our FDC comes between 5 and 9 (usually by 8 but man oh man they've come like at 845). If the truck came early enough I would say one closer was good enough on non frozen days so that the morning team could zone and all. We usually only get 100 to 150 pieces on non frozen days for reference. I might suggest it since we have some sway on the FDC since they're so close. Besides if it comes late the morning team usually ends up with a pallet or two anyway.
Do you push at night? When you only have one or two team members?

Typically yes, but it only works when the truck comes during the scheduled shift and early enough. So like when it gets there late, it's a waste. Of course it's hard to know when the truck is coming when your scheduling us.

Typically yes, but it only works when the truck comes during the scheduled shift and early enough. So like when it gets there late, it's a waste. Of course it's hard to know when the truck is coming when your scheduling us.
If you don't have a food truck that comes at a consistent time, you should delay the push until the morning. Or schedule more people to work it.
Your trucks can't be that big so I'm unsure as to what 4-5 people are doing on your truck days when the truck comes late in the day.

yeah
have 10-12 people. thats the only way.
have a leader who has strong logistics knowledge
have an ETL who isnt an assho-- who will support and grow the team.
make sure STL isnt taking market hours to putting them else where.
your TMs? the fewer PT and the more FT the better
TMs who arent bitches about the cold.
all of that plus big balls for the dudes and cast iron ovaries for the ladies and lot of luck.

Is there a report that shows donations by store and district? Need info for a meeting tomorrow and I want to leverage the totals from the ulv next to us.

Not that I know of. Someone else mentioned that MyDevice Toss doesn't register any donations.

I think you can only estimate the true value by looking at QMOS numbers and estimating a % of what you actually toss and removing it from the total ?

Our sister store just does whatever tasks they need to get done and allocates just enough time to break down the pallets and has the morning team push.

Seems to work for them since they too get FDC later in the day.

yeah
have 10-12 people. thats the only way.
have a leader who has strong logistics knowledge
have an ETL who isnt an assho-- who will support and grow the team.
make sure STL isnt taking market hours to putting them else where.
your TMs? the fewer PT and the more FT the better
TMs who arent bitches about the cold.
all of that plus big balls for the dudes and cast iron ovaries for the ladies and lot of luck.

As a former PA of ~3 Years, I am now 10 feet high on my Wave, as Signing TM, and looking down at this huge Market Team, and consistently thinking to myself, ignoring all the bitching, and ranting that it is impossible. "You have no idea how good you have it."

As a former PA of ~3 Years, I am now 10 feet high on my Wave, as Signing TM, and looking down at this huge Market Team, and consistently thinking to myself, ignoring all the bitching, and ranting that it is impossible. "You have no idea how good you have it."
Had a former tl who stepped down to join the new market team tell me they don't get enough hours....hahahaaahaa not.

Our sister store just does whatever tasks they need to get done and allocates just enough time to break down the pallets and has the morning team push.

Seems to work for them since they too get FDC later in the day.
Makes sense to do the largest task (pushing freight) when the most people are there to me.

Yogurts are now flexed everywhere as there is soooo much new product and flavors !!
it sets this week not sure who or when it will be done.

Also, MILK WALL gets set this week ....
It all flips the half gallon specialty milks go where the vendor milk is and the vendor milk goes where the specialty milk is.
This will be a nightmare when it gets done !!

oh, and the remodel with new tables in pfresh valley starts on the 31st of July.

i'm not looking forward to this at all.

Yogurts are now flexed everywhere as there is soooo much new product and flavors !!

It all flips the half gallon specialty milks go where the vendor milk is and the vendor milk goes where the specialty milk is.

oh, and the remodel with new tables in pfresh valley starts on the 31st of July.

Are y'all just now getting the specialty milk as the lead in?

Are you getting the permanent wooden boxes or cardboard?

I hope the permanent wooden boxes that's what I've been told. I should take before and after pics.

I hope the permanent wooden boxes that's what I've been told. I should take before and after pics.
We set our cardboard ones today as part of a group training.

Word of advice, have COOL labels and shelf labels ready beforehand. Maybe even pre-fill the sticky label holders (if you don't have the chalkboard) with them before setting so you can immediately put them up.

Back