Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Have you tried the new skittles??

“Only one rainbow matters this pride. Give the rainbow, taste the rainbow”

pride-month-white-skittles-internet-reactions-5940dcfbe2fe8__700.jpg

Have you tried the new skittles??

“Only one rainbow matters this pride. Give the rainbow, taste the rainbow”

pride-month-white-skittles-internet-reactions-5940dcfbe2fe8__700.jpg
Such a weird message. It's like they're supporting it by erasing their rainbow design. Everyone else tho will have rainbow designs

Also me trolling my Pokemon collecting addict buddy. Thanks for the sharing the pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-234540~2.png
    Screenshot_20210517-234540~2.png
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 44
Our F&B Coordinator has added some new categories to our scoreboard and I'm not really sure what it is. What's BMD%, BMD$ and SGO%, how are they generated and what can we do to get it green?

Thank you for any advice.

Our F&B Coordinator has added some new categories to our scoreboard and I'm not really sure what it is. What's BMD%, BMD$ and SGO%, how are they generated and what can we do to get it green?

Thank you for any advice.
I saw this on our F&B landing page on greenfield.
SGO is Store generated order....... Make it better by keeping your counts correct and how many fit correct.
BMD......I am guessing is Backroom Mark Downs. If you have a ton of something or something is going bad then you would mark the price down And put it all on an endcap. You can see on myday the markdown button to lower the price. Or meat, bakery and produce you can put coupons on.
This is all to manage waste.
I am not real sure how the % or $ amount calculates. Thats all I have figured out so far.

I saw this on our F&B landing page on greenfield.
SGO is Store generated order....... Make it better by keeping your counts correct and how many fit correct.
BMD......I am guessing is Backroom Mark Downs. If you have a ton of something or something is going bad then you would mark the price down And put it all on an endcap. You can see on myday the markdown button to lower the price. Or meat, bakery and produce you can put coupons on.
This is all to manage waste.
I am not real sure how the % or $ amount calculates. Thats all I have figured out so far.
Your Pretty Close. It stands for "B"Markdowns. Your Markdown percentage and dollar amount. But it has to deal with your food waste like you said. If you have a lot of something, flex it out, use the TPC function, etc before it expires or goes bad. Your goals for dollar amount and percentage will be relative based off your sales.

Help me understand how an item have negative on-hands count please.

Thank you
By selling more than how many the system thinks you have. Usually it's because the product doesn't get added to the inventory counts. Often happens with vendor items, items sold by weight in meat and produce, as well as things made in the deli/bakery.

Help me understand how an item have negative on-hands count please.

Thank you
Someone changes the count on an item to zero, but unbeknownst to them, there is one (or more) in stock. One of the items is sold, and that item now has a negative on hand count, because the system thinks that you had zero and sold one, so it subtracts one from zero. Now the item has a negative on hand count of -1.😁

also cashiers -- being lazy -- making mistakes.

Ringing one item out 10 times (10 strawberry yogurts, in this example) --- instead of actually ringing out -- 3 strawberry, 2 banana, and 5 vanilla yogurts
The bane of OPU/SFS teams existence. Well, one of them anyway.😂

let me guess, unworked freight and terrible zone + baffles in the Backroom?
Bingo! Also ghosts, untied items on the sales floor, items pushed in the wrong place, mispicks, missing pieces, damaged items (always the last one), inaccurate counts, clothing missing tags or have tags that don’t scan in rfid, expired food, INF due to five finger discount and on and on. The list is longer than Santa’s but not nearly as jolly…😂😂😂

Barg. We switched our FDC delivery from evening to morning a few weeks ago. It has been a huge mess, particularly in dairy and frozen. I had to cut back my work schedule to evenings only during the week because of school, and now only do Monday and Friday evenings in Pfresh, and Sat-Sun dayside in dry grocery. We lost our meat guy (he is now a PMT) and he hasn't been replaced, so I've been picking up that part on my two evenings. However, the freezer is a mess of vehicles and pallets, because the guy keeps unloading pallets and not working vehicles (and left early yesterday for no reason) and dairy is being staffed by a new TM while the regular one is on vacation.

And apparently our SD considers Pfresh to be One Big Endcap, and wants it to be perfectly full, so I am left trying to fill everything while much of the meat and dairy is still on pallets. I also have to zone frozen, dairy, and Pfresh. I have five hours to do this.

Frustrated. Thanks for listening.

Any store thats still part of the Meal Bag program having a horrific time getting labels in for the bags? We've ordered them all the way back in June to no avail. Also frequently missing one or multiple ingredients for weeks+ despite constant auditing, etc.. It's getting almost hilarious at this point as I've only been able to make 1 type of bag for weeks and our store kills it on meal bag sales, making 20+ bags every other day when I could actually put out a good variety.

Last edited:
I want to know whose bright idea at corporate it was to get rid of almost all of the McCormick spices. It was hard enough for us to keep either kind of any particular spice in stock when we had both name brand and G&G. Now that there's only one option, we're getting basically half as many as we were before. So because of that our spice section has been pretty much bare this past month. Who could have predicted that?? And I've heard a rumor there's some holidays coming up soon so I'm looking forward to telling a dozen guests every day that no, we don't have any more spices in the back.

I want to know whose bright idea at corporate it was to get rid of almost all of the McCormick spices. It was hard enough for us to keep either kind of any particular spice in stock when we had both name brand and G&G. Now that there's only one option, we're getting basically half as many as we were before. So because of that our spice section has been pretty much bare this past month. Who could have predicted that?? And I've heard a rumor there's some holidays coming up soon so I'm looking forward to telling a dozen guests every day that no, we don't have any more spices in the back.
McCormick CEO says supply chain issues are limiting the spice maker (cnbc.com)

Hi Market Team, our walk in coolers have been leaking because the water that flows through is clogged with gross slim. Our new PMT keeps draining it but we cannot find who to call to repair the system. We look all over the produce and meat cooler looking for a number or a company to call. Please help.

Hi Market Team, our walk in coolers have been leaking because the water that flows through is clogged with gross slim. Our new PMT keeps draining it but we cannot find who to call to repair the system. We look all over the produce and meat cooler looking for a number or a company to call. Please help.
If the number isn’t in the Alert One binder (my store had a list of emergency repair numbers there) and your store office doesn’t have it, you might try calling a sister store with coolers to see if you can get it from them. Good luck!

Your pml needs to create a work order for a vendor to come out.

Last edited:
Back